Become a Patron!

Voopoo VMATE Max - review by FranknChill

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hello my fellow vaperinos.
Today i will be reviewing the VMATE Max that was sent to me by my friends over at Voopoo for the purposes of this review.

IMG_20240701_173644.jpg

Got some images to start with,this is a good way to get the ''feel'' of the device i will be reviewing today.

colors.JPG
content.JPGspecs.JPGsafetyt.JPGbattery.JPGfeatures.JPGfillin g.JPG

Unboxing and first impressions:

Packaging is done properly,just what we are use to when it comes to Voopoo,remove the sleeve then remove the box that includes the accessories.

Glad to report that Voopoo didn't skim on the extra coil/cartridge,the 0.7 ohm is preinstalled and then you also get a 0.4 ohm.

In the little box apart from the extra coil you get the usual paperwork and the charging cable,putting all this to the side it is time to check the pod device.
The VMATE Max weighs only 79 grams and is made of Zinc Alloy,the design is well made and it has a solid feel to it.
Voopoo logo on the front just above the screen (small but readable),screen itself is not in color but it is surrounded by a dual 256-Color RGB light bar.
No worries you can disable the lights with a simple 2 press of the menu button that is located on the left side,remember this is just a menu/operation button,for vaping this pod just works with the auto draw function.
At last not least you have an airflow slide in the back that when fully closed still has a small orifice for the air to go in.

Vaping time:

Filling the cartridges is pretty easy,they both are top fill....well to be honest i would call them top side fill.

VMATE MAX is equipped with the new "3X" upgrade VMATE Top Fill Cartridge that significantly improves the cartridge's lifespan, leak resistance and flavor production. The cartridge allows vaping up to 90 mL of e-liquid, with no leakage for 30 days at a standstill, and consistently bringing rich flavor. It also features a resistance as low as 0.4 Ω, compatible with freebase e-liquids, delivering a satisfying RDL vaping experience. Besides, the top-filling design makes it more convenient and quicker to fill the e-liquid in.
Keep in mind the VMATE Max is also compatible with the whole VMATE line of pods

Ok so both cartridges the 0.7 and 0.4 ohm are soaking up my e-liquid of choice,got some time to spare so lets go to the menu system of the VMATE Max.

-Press the button three times to cycle through the preset modes (Eco, Normal, Sport, and Hard).
-Press the button two times to turn the LEDs on/off.
-Press the button one time to turn the screen on.
-Press the button five times while the device is off to turn it on.
-If the device is already on, press the button five times to enter a menu that allows you to reset the puffs, change it to basic Power mode, and turn it off.
-If you are in Power mode, three presses of the button will allow you to adjust the power.

The VMATE has a 1200 mAh Battery and 30 W MAX Output,from empty to 100% this pod can be charged in 30 minutes and change thanks to the he 5V/2A fast charging rate.

Ok so both cartridges ready and its time to give it a go,to start with i decided to go with the 0.7 ohm cartridge which is designed for MTL.

These 0.7 ohm cartridges are new so lets see how it goes,i decided to give it a go on normal mode.
70/30 proportion and 6mg of nic,ufff this does taste good....airflow fully open and getting a really nice vape.
Closing down the airflow all the way thru i do get a MTL but a bit airy,I'm not complaining thou i am not a MTL vaper so the airier the better.

I quickly move from the 0.7 ohm to the 0.4 ohm which is more of my jam.
Same 70/30 proportion and same 6mg of nic but just another flavor of e-liquid,now we talking.
Decent cloud production and a nice hit,on top of that the flavor is like right there on your face hehe.

My personal favorite would have to be the 0.4 ohm,its checks all the boxes for me,been using it for 3 days straight and not a problem or hitch,performance on the third day same as the first.

PROS:
-Aesthetic wise you can tell they put some thought in the design
-Material/quality wise it feels strong,this won't break easily
-Both cartridges (0.7 ohm and 0.4 ohm) performed admirably
-Auto draw without a hitch,it always worked.
-Charging time from 0 to 100% in 30 minutes and change thanks to its 5V/2A fast charging rate.

CONS:

-Only con i can think off is that the cartridge doesn't have magnets,its just a bit too tight in there.
For catridge removal you better make sure your hand is as dry as a whistle or you will have to use your mouth to remove the catridge hehe.

Would i recommend this device?

If you're a pod user then you can't go wrong with the VMATE Max,good performance and a choice of coils that you can use for MTL or RDL.
If you have ever had a product from Voopoo you know what to expect from them,quality and a good vaping experience.

Well that is it for today folks.
Thanks to my friends at Voopoo for sending me this product so i could review it and thanks to everyone who took the time to read this review.

VU Sponsors