Become a Patron!

VT Nic VG or PG based?

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I took a whiff of my year old nic from Wizard Labs and freaked out over the smell. I don't normally smell my nic, but I was reading in another thread about year old WL nic and how bad the smell was. For a hoot I thought I would check mine.
OMG! I was blown away that I have been mixing with this. So much for using the rest of it like I was planning on doing.
I have a tiny amount of VT nic left which I might get 3 more mixes with it. It is the free sample sized 50mg VG based. I just used some it for a mix and it slide up the syringe nicely. Is all the VT VG based nic like that? Does it matter the nicotine mg amount to VG base? I have been using 100mg, but since I am around the 3-5 mg level maybe I could use 60-48mg instead.

I would rather use VG based nic as long as it isn't a chore to use with a 12-14 gauge needle.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had some issues with drawing the VG through a needle, so I use the PG-based nic - even with my initial supply being 60 mg, there's not much PG to account for as I'm cutting down to around 3 mg myself - will be even less when I use up the 60 mg I've got on hand and bump up to the 100 mg that seems to be standard for most people.

But hey, if it's working for you, keep doing it!

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
One more question. Why is the 120 mL EU Sourced Throat-Hit Nic (100 mg USP/EP) priced half as much as the non-throat hit version on the VT website?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It has either more impurities or oxidation (not exactly sure what it is) that creates a little stronger, peppery 'throat hit' when used. Some people like it just as much as the regular, others swear by the clean stuff - those happiest with the TH nic seem to be tobacco and other bold flavor vapers, I'm hesitant to try it because I mix with a lot of fruits and other delicate flavors where the hit might have more of an effect on my flavors.

VU Sponsors