Become a Patron!

Wanted legit creamy butterscotch custard recipie not loaded with diacetyl

Hey Hey Everyone, I just joined in hopes of getting some suggestions from some more experienced mixers. I have been mixing myself for about a year or so and have up until this point not taken diacetyl into account. I have been using FW Butterscotch Ripple and Cap Vanilla Custard V1 liberally, but have wanted to clean up my cabinet and do away the baddies if I can. What I am trying to find in profiles are a heavy voluminous eggy Vanilla custard flavor, and a sweet soft cracked Butterscotch flavor. If anyone can help me narrow it down some I would be extremely grateful.

aerodan

Member For 3 Years
Reddit Exile
I'd love to know this too, great request! All of the the DIY recipes for butterscotch and/or custards I've created so far have had a Chicory/slight tapioca/bug spray flavor. Taste is subjective, but I feel my taste buds are pretty average amongst peers. Not a super taster, not flavor muted.

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
me too!
I fell in love with butterscotch custard, quit stinkies, and trying my hand at creating the DIY butterscotch custard recipe I can be proud of (and vape on all day)

I enjoy a variety of butterscotches, custards, even tobacco mixes (soft ala ry4 or soho style) and I am combing threads ISO recipes when I saw your thread.

Would this be a good place to get descriptions for said profiles, or is the larger DIY sub-forum be the spot to look into for recipes? Both?
Maybe I'll just try it ALL to be safe, don't want to miss out!

Sign me up, because I am down for the DIY ride!

Last edited:

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Hey Everyone, I just joined in hopes of getting some suggestions from some more experienced mixers. I have been mixing myself for about a year or so and have up until this point not taken diacetyl into account. I have been using FW Butterscotch Ripple and Cap Vanilla Custard V1 liberally, but have wanted to clean up my cabinet and do away the baddies if I can. What I am trying to find in profiles are a heavy voluminous eggy Vanilla custard flavor, and a sweet soft cracked Butterscotch flavor. If anyone can help me narrow it down some I would be extremely grateful.
I re read ur original post and realize I'm not qualified to recommend those type of specific flavors since I'm pretty much a noob myself
HOWEVER, as a noob I've read many threads at various sites that describe the process (& the IMPORTANCE) of single flavor testing individual 10ml bottles at various strengths.
If you haven't already, go to eliquid recipes.com (ELR) for flavor resources that provide the lowest, highest and average strength that people use in their application of various brands et. Then test ur flavor off the shake, after steeping X many days, etc - its a process that revolves around the given fact that you SHOULD & WILL maintain notes on this!

good luck and we should check back here bc I'm hoping to create a masterpiece someday within next year or two (really, I am). Meanwhile, I like the Vanilla Butterscotch Custard recipe i saw posted here last week. Turned out surprisingly delicious (after proper steeping). I'll send u the link once i dig it up IF ur interested

enjoy

VU Sponsors