Become a Patron!

Washington conference will seek to untangle web of e-cig regulation

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"In ten years’ time the industry will be “much more consolidated, with a few tens of well-known brands, and the removal of small manufacturers and vape-store manufactured product”, [Tim] Phillips said in an interview published recently on the conference website."

How in the HELL is this a good thing?????????

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
"In ten years’ time the industry will be “much more consolidated, with a few tens of well-known brands, and the removal of small manufacturers and vape-store manufactured product”, [Tim] Phillips said in an interview published recently on the conference website."

How in the HELL is this a good thing?????????

Andria

FINALLY!!! Someone who actually READS the articles! :D

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yet again I'm so glad that I have a good stockpile, which I have not stopped adding to ;)

People say I'm a pessimist, that I shouldn't be so skeptical and they couldn't be any farther from the truth. I still have hope but I'm also not a fool and prepare for the worst.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
FINALLY!!! Someone who actually READS the articles! :D

I read most of the articles you link to, unless they're those dry sociology-oriented ones, loaded with statistics and population-wide forecasts (guesses) and written in language that bears little resemblance to actual English. Considering how much I hated sociology, I can only surmise that those who actually enjoy it are dried up wannabe-geeks with NO life, wannabe-accountants with a love of statistics but zero regard for actual facts or actual science. And my sociology teacher was one of those asshats that if you flew in the door as the bell rang, he'd send you out, wouldn't let you even stay in the class, so he'd probably be one of those "quit or die" assholes, too -- just like all those "public health" "gurus".

I keep waiting for psychology to discover that those who make a career in public health are actually control-freaks with a narcissistic personality disorder, who should all be restrained in I-love-me jackets inside electrified fences and machine-gunned guard towers for the good of society, dosed heavily on IV thorazine to prevent them from overtaking the insane asylums where they're housed.

Seriously though... most of the articles lately posted in "The Good".... if that's GOOD, I'd really hate to see BAD. :facepalm:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's not, but some degree consolidation is normal, expected,and probably inevitable as an industry matures.

Maybe so, but this modern trend of mega-corps owning EVERYTHING is fer shit. I hate it. It's just an oligarchy of Big Money vs. all the rest of us.

Andria

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Maybe so, but this modern trend of mega-corps owning EVERYTHING is fer shit. I hate it. It's just an oligarchy of Big Money vs. all the rest of us.
Agreed.

Now ask yourself why mega-corps even exist? Who charters them and limits their owners' liability for debts and general malfeasance? Oh, yeah, goobermint. Who bails them out when they make bad decisions? Oh yeah, goobermint.

VU Sponsors