Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
https://motherboard.vice.com/read/w...garette-what-he-thinks-about-vape-regulations

Hon Lik unfortunately now works for Fontem Ventures (Blu Shit Cigilikes) So of course he thinks the deeming regs are a great idea.

He has the patent on cigilikes and if that is all that's left on the market then everybody has to pay him to market their first generation garbage.

"At this moment, if you’re talking about blu [one of the brands at the company where Lik now works], it’s very well positioned in this new regulatory environment. There are many brands available on the market at the moment, but fancy packaging is not really the solution. What’s more important is the content, standard, and safety of product."

"In terms of choices, as a pharmacist, ex-smoker, and developer, I am very keen to recommend closed systems [like cig-a-likes]. It’s not only because of my intellectual property, but more importantly it’s a product people consume through their mouths and inhale into their lungs, so the safety is very important."

He's talking about his mouth but seems to be talking out of his ass.

I know you quit smoking using your e-cigarettes. Do you still vape?
Most of this time I’m using my e-cigarettes,
but as a developer, because there are also new ideas, I can not lose the sense of taste [for cigarettes]. Sometimes when I find a new [tobacco] product, some kind of a new taste or mix, I will buy one pack and smoke a few cigarettes so I do not lose the sensitivity.

If you are buying cigarettes and smoking them so you do not forget what they taste like than you are not a fucking ex smoker!!!

Are you? - 5150

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
https://motherboard.vice.com/read/w...garette-what-he-thinks-about-vape-regulations

Hon Lik unfortunately now works for Fontem Ventures (Blu Shit Cigilikes) So of course he thinks the deeming regs are a great idea.

He has the patent on cigilikes and if that is all that's left on the market then everybody has to pay him to market their first generation garbage.

"At this moment, if you’re talking about blu [one of the brands at the company where Lik now works], it’s very well positioned in this new regulatory environment. There are many brands available on the market at the moment, but fancy packaging is not really the solution. What’s more important is the content, standard, and safety of product."

"In terms of choices, as a pharmacist, ex-smoker, and developer, I am very keen to recommend closed systems [like cig-a-likes]. It’s not only because of my intellectual property, but more importantly it’s a product people consume through their mouths and inhale into their lungs, so the safety is very important."

He's talking about his mouth but seems to be talking out of his ass.

I know you quit smoking using your e-cigarettes. Do you still vape?
Most of this time I’m using my e-cigarettes, but as a developer, because there are also new ideas, I can not lose the sense of taste [for cigarettes]. Sometimes when I find a new [tobacco] product, some kind of a new taste or mix, I will buy one pack and smoke a few cigarettes so I do not lose the sensitivity.

If you are buying cigarettes and smoking them so you do not forget what they taste like than you are not a fucking ex smoker!!!

Are you? - 5150

No, I think that's the very definition of dual use, which the "establishment" claims to hate so much. The only way we can get thru to those asshats is by saying that yes, vaping DOES work to END smoking.... for the originator of the modern version of e-cigs to be a dual user himself, that is NOT a good endorsement. He's just saying, look I'm still a smoker, I just vape where I can't smoke -- which is what the ignorant establishment assholes all say, and they claim to HATE, that somehow, some way, smokers are somehow "getting over" all the stupid smoking bans, or god forbid, enjoying something.

I think we could do without Mr Hon Lik's "endorsement." Fucking traitor.

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
i don't think i could get away with just using blu disposables.

even if i worked there and they gave me as many as i want whenever i want i don't think i could pull it off.

when i quit smoking August 2012 i used a dual ce4 650mah ego kit at 36mg/ml nic

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i don't think i could get away with just using blu disposables.

even if i worked there and they gave me as many as i want whenever i want i don't think i could pull it off.

when i quit smoking August 2012 i used a dual ce4 650mah ego kit at 36mg/ml nic

I thought they tasted like shit -- I tried 3 disposables, and the only one I absolutely COULD NOT use was the Blu -- I gave it away, to a cigarette-bum who was bugging the very living shit outta me. :D But if a Blu is all he uses, that makes sense that he sometimes smokes -- they're just not good enough to totally replace cigarettes, and he's too stupid to realize that!

Andria

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well l started on disposables 7 years ago as that was all there was. Gamucci (still going and still only do e-cigs) was my first purchase. They worked for me. However l only smoked 9mg of nic a day, the disposables had way more than this amount in them.

Hon Lil is a big disappointment. l can only hope that some of what he said was lost in translation.

VU Sponsors