Become a Patron!

We Don't Need 'Decades of Research' to Know Vaping Is Safer Than Smoking

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This for the win:
In a world where nothing is 100 percent safe, this mindless insistence on the complete elimination of risk is a menace to public health. An alternative to smoking that's 95 percent safer is a huge opportunity that should be welcomed by anyone who wants to reduce tobacco-related harm.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Or, as I've heard it expressed, "the perfect is the enemy of the good." I'm sure my asthma would be doing much better if I could have found some other means of quitting cigarettes. But the fact is that I could not; vaping is the first and only thing that has EVER worked to separate me from smoking, so I'll take it, be glad of it, and deal with the fucking asthma as best I can. I tell my doctor this every time I see him, and though he's concerned for my asthma, he agrees that remaining smoke-free is the more important consideration, after 39 yrs of smoking.

Andria

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
"The jury is still out"
"pose dangers to our health"

Pick one, it can't be both, and stating both proves only one thing, that the speaker does not have a grasp of simple logic. We can't make a statement assuming we know the answer and then claim we don't have the answer.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
"The jury is still out"
"pose dangers to our health"

Pick one, it can't be both, and stating both proves only one thing, that the speaker does not have a grasp of simple logic. We can't make a statement assuming we know the answer and then claim we don't have the answer.

Good Catch;)

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They didn't do decades of research before releasing cigarettes to the general public, decades have passed, all the research has been done and cigarettes are still legal.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
They didn't do decades of research before releasing cigarettes to the general public, decades have passed, all the research has been done and cigarettes are still legal.

They didn't even do decades of research on the patch and gum and they passed the ( supposedly) most stringent regs of all. pharmaceutical regs

VU Sponsors