3f30ac0b6436cbd1dab716b232f0f16b.jpg
They must be related
90b1639da1a0cabce0ac888dbd1f56f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just got this handsome 8 month old boy from the shelter yesterday. His name is Mason. View attachment 212272
I don't know if they are the same breed, if not, they are pretty close. This was Trigger my brothers doggie.
0be79561318a28224b4e53a55d88c786.jpg

Don't know if he'll be the same, but a heads up. Trigger was deathly afraid of storms. He would tear things up, scratch doors, hide, just totally afraid of thunder.
I hope he isn't the same way.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I don't know if they are the same breed, if not, they are pretty close. This was Trigger my brothers doggie.
View attachment 212300

Don't know if he'll be the same, but a heads up. Trigger was deathly afraid of storms. He would tear things up, scratch doors, hide, just totally afraid of thunder.
awww

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 212300

So far the only thing that has fazed Mason is the dark stairway going to the lower level. Other than that he is pretty fearless so far. I use a shot of bourbon in the water bowl on fireworks nites. Lol

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
So far the only thing that has fazed Mason is the dark stairway going to the lower level. Other than that he is pretty fearless so far. I use a shot of bourbon in the water bowl on fireworks nites. Lol
did you read the responce to yourdog post that just came in!

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Major and Elsa say "Good morning friends"
No, I still don't have my computer and vape stuff organized yet. lol. Hey, it takes time when moving into a new home. Elsa and her little grin. :) She loves having her picture taken

Attachments

• PXL_20240216_161918666.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240216_161918666.MP.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Dogs and fireworks...
We've used these and they work wonders on our dog.
We get them at PetSmart
c03109d6db9c899c5ed37ad4599f0a63.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. I need to try these. Elsa has separation anxiety something awful. When we get home and I take her out of her kennel, she is soaking wet all down her chest and front legs. Major can stay loose in the house when we go out. Elsa? Nope, no way. She's still young though. Hopefully when she gets a bit older, I can leave her out

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doctor got sprayed by a skunk last night. It's way too cold to do anything about his long sheepdog-like hair this time of the year, so I sprayed him with deodorant for now. Anyone got any bright ideas that don't cost a small fortune?

This is what he looks like with a squirrel....

1000001986.jpg

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doctor got sprayed by a skunk last night. It's way too cold to do anything about his long sheepdog-like hair this time of the year, so I sprayed him with deodorant for now. Anyone got any bright ideas that don't cost a small fortune?

This is what he looks like with a squirrel....

View attachment 212957
I'm not aware of any good way to get skunk off off a dog apart from a bath with shampoo made for that purpose, or a bath with a peroxide and baking soda solution. The home made solution is volatile though, it needs to be mixed just before using it and kept away from his eyes. And don't try to store any extra. And wear rubber gloves.

1 quart of 3-% hydrogen peroxide (available at any pharmacy)
1/4 cup baking soda
1 teaspoon liquid dishwashing soap

Generally this would be followed by another bath with regular dog shampoo.

Here is some more detailed info on the baking soda/peroxide bath.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

DEBARKING PET MYTHS: DOES TOMATO JUICE REMOVE SKUNK SPRAY?

"If you’re thinking that a tomato juice bath is the answer, it isn’t. Tomato juice might wash off some of the thiols and thioacetates that cause skunk odor, but it doesn’t chemically alter or neutralize those compounds and, subsequently, their smell. Changing the thiols into chemicals that have little or no odor is the key to getting rid of skunk stink."

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not aware of any good way to get skunk off off a dog apart from a bath with shampoo made for that purpose, or a bath with a peroxide and baking soda solution. The home made solution is volatile though, it needs to be mixed just before using it and kept away from his eyes. And don't try to store any extra. And wear rubber gloves.

1 quart of 3-% hydrogen peroxide (available at any pharmacy)
1/4 cup baking soda
1 teaspoon liquid dishwashing soap

Generally this would be followed by another bath with regular dog shampoo.

Here is some more detailed info on the baking soda/peroxide bath.
Looks like the soonest it will be warm enough to give him a bath will be Tuesday. We will be getting dog food from Tractor Supply tomorrow, so we will see what they have as well for polecat odor.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like the soonest it will be warm enough to give him a bath will be Tuesday. We will be getting dog food from Tractor Supply tomorrow, so we will see what they have as well for polecat odor.
Maybe this?

https://www.amazon.com/Pooph-Odor-Eliminator-32oz-Spray/dp/B09PF4KVHJ

Last edited:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I thought tomato juice or sauce was used for skunk smell? Maybe it's just an ol' wives' tale??
A bucket of Warm water with some dawn. And a bottle of hydrogen peroxide. Mix well. N wash rinse repeat. One of mine got skunked last march,,, took the vast majority of the stank away.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've never used THIS but I post it on the strength and reputation of their other products which are actually excellent.
Tractor Supply has a lavender scented version of that now. In fact, the scented stuff is the only thing available... at least in my area, unless ordered online. And when the dog smells like skunk, you don't want to wait for a delivery truck. It's bad enough having to wait for a warm day, because soaking a dog in freezing temperatures is inhumane, and my dog will not settle down unless it's in my lap. High energy, ya know.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It actually got to 81 degrees, so I used the lavender scented version of the Nature's Miracle shampoo and conditioner skunk odor control. I went with what a lady told me, and did not wet down the dog first. I tied up the dog, so he could not run off. Then applied the product directly to his fur and massaged it in. After that, he hated the cold rinse from the garden hose, but then he was set to run free in the yard.
I still have plenty left in case he gets sprayed again, and he probably will.

VU Sponsors