Become a Patron!

West Virginia Legislature Passes Massive New Tax on Vapor Products

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
$2.25 per 30ml bottle. Personally, I wouldn't call that "massive". Plus if the FDA gets their way, all these states and localities won't be collecting taxes on e-liquid for very long, 'cause the market will have no choice but to get all "informal" on them.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
$2.25 per 30ml bottle. Personally, I wouldn't call that "massive". Plus if the FDA gets their way, all these states and localities won't be collecting taxes on e-liquid for very long, 'cause the market will have no choice but to get all "informal" on them.
Very informal....!

Fuck um...!!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
To be honest, I'm surprised that we haven't been taxed for our vaping products way earlier. The money lost, due to the lack in sales of cigarettes, has to be made up somehow!

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To be honest, I'm surprised that we haven't been taxed for our vaping products way earlier.

But really, why should we be taxed differently for vaping products than any other consumer product? It hasn't been proven to be a health hazard so what justification is there for taxing them at a higher rate than anything else? They see us as easy targets because we already bent over and took the tax hikes on cigarettes and like it or not, we are considered no better than smokers who's rights the vast majority of the public could care less about. They effectively demonized cigarettes and so far, for the most part, have been successful at doing the same with vaping.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But really, why should we be taxed differently for vaping products than any other consumer product? It hasn't been proven to be a health hazard so what justification is there for taxing them at a higher rate than anything else? They see us as easy targets because we already bent over and took the tax hikes on cigarettes and like it or not, we are considered no better than smokers who's rights the vast majority of the public could care less about. They effectively demonized cigarettes and so far, for the most part, have been successful at doing the same with vaping.
Agreed !

VU Sponsors