Become a Patron!

What’s your everyday carry?

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hohm tech is certainly not a [simple] re-wrap anymore altho it did start out that way, IIRC.

And my point is exactly that, they should be doing something more to help battery safety for vapers considering their company's claims

Edit-and it actually seems like they r, i had no idea those simple looking tops were that intricate, guess i got my answer too @nadalama
20220818_112807.jpg

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hohm tech is certainly not a [simple] re-wrap anymore altho it did start out that way, IIRC.

And my point is exactly that, they should be doing something more to help battery safety for vapers considering their company's claims

Edit-and it actually seems like they r, i had no idea those simple looking tops were that intricate, guess i got my answer too @nadalama
View attachment 196007
I never said they were a SIMPLE rewrap company. Telling lies like "the batteries are specially designed for vaping" and getting enough ppl to believe such a ridiculous claim is no easy task, I bet it's actually quite the opposite of simple indeed... :D

As for the graphic illustration you posted, the vast majority of round cells use this same design principle (or based on it) with internal protections like a vent disk (or, alternatively, in a minority of cases, a score line on the bottom of the can so it pops open like a can of pop soda if the internal pressure gets too high), a Current Interrupt Device (CID), a Positive Temperature Coefficient (PTC) and some kind of separator between the layers of the jelly roll to reduce the current flow in the possible event that the anode and/or cathode get(s) deformed in there. (Such deformations are not necessarily always visible on the ouside of the can like in the form of a bulge or dent, it could also be a manufacturing defect even though this happens only very rarely or for some reason metal started to dissolve and deposited in certain areas/parts inside the battery that aren't supposed to have metallic deposits anywhere on their surfaces.)

Another factor is the type of battery chemistry used (or to be more precise, the volatility thereof), along with the capacity of the battery, as higher capacity batteries tend to be more violent when they vent or when they catch on fire as a result of short circuiting them or whatever the reason that causes these possible reactions that can be dangerous especially if they burst and produce shrapnel (albeit there exist videos of 10 ft. long jet flames coming out of 18650s that didn't burst into shrapnel, they just turned into rocket engines bumping multiple times all over the walls and ceiling in the living room). If a battery splodes inside a mod that has insufficient and/or too small vent holes the shrapnel can fly like 100 ft. or possibly even farther.

Sure, there exist ways to mitigate these risks, BUT... potections can still fail. To act responsibly also implies that the person who acts is willing to learn about what exactly it is that can go wrong, about what can cause these things to go wrong, and how. Because, even if there is only a very small chance that something can go wrong, the consequence might be a lot bigger. The magnitude of risks related to battery safety should neither be downplayed nor be exaggerated IMO.

Personally, I, only use mech mods. My favorite battery is the Samsung 20S. I vape it at 0.25 ohms. That is, with two batteries in series.

anarchist.jpg

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For those that enjoy a sbs mod with a higher ohm tank like a kay fun lite + 22mm - what do you recommend for a mod?

I love little mech squonkers currently but have started into the Kayfun lite + and I really enjoy it. I bought a second one in black for my Odin mini 75c but now I need something for the silver one. I thought I would try regulated first but I'm sure I'll venture back into mechs quickly lol.

Thanks and I hope this was the right spot for this!
b84578ca02905b65c84a0d2848d015a8.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Aspire Mixx if you can find one.

I think this thing is just gorgeous with the Taifun GX. A great little compact vape, and very, very solid.

IMG_20220910_134713.jpg

Please excuse the dust! lol

Last edited:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
As of late ive had a dotmech bf on me most of time for work.

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
About 3-4 at home and another4-5 regular or semi regulated. I like flavoring.

VU Sponsors