Become a Patron!

What are some of the advantage of home made coil and the way you structure them?

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
This can take hours or pages to explain in depth. 300watt mod tells me little about what atomizer is attached, are you normally lower wattage vaping (tootling) or are you into fogging it up (cloud chasing) or are you in between or are you into temperature control. See the ambiguity? Myself I started with lower powered tootling, later advanced into cloud chasing, and now reside in the middle, mostly kayfuns below 12watts most the day (single 2mm microcoil at 10wraps of 28awg nichrome), about mid-day I can change to a dual coil sub-ohm RTA at2.5mm using 26awg nichrome at 8wraps per coil, or an RDA dripper using 24awg nichrome at 6wraps each coil.

Single coil - decent flavor but highly juice efficient
Dual coil - decent flavor, decent cloud, decent juice efficiency
Triple coil - excellent flavor, decent cloud, low juice efficiency
Quad coil - nice flavor, excellent cloud, very low juice efficiency
Twisted wire - double listed above
Parallel side by side wire - like twisted wire but 1/3 plus more vapor and flavor
Basic Clapton wire (single core wire with single wrap wire) - massive flavor and vapor increase with greater juice consumption
Fused claptons (Dual core single wrap Clapton wire) -double a basic Clapton wire
Tiger wire (strand of round wire twisted with flat ribbon wire - great kayfuns RTA wire, boosts flavor and brings out the lighter tone
Hive wire - like tiger wire but really great on an RDA
Stapled claptons (dual core wrapped in ribbon wire) - double fused claptons above

Really without knowing what you are using and where you want to be not much to go on, just shooting blind her

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This can take hours or pages to explain in depth. 300watt mod tells me little about what atomizer is attached, are you normally lower wattage vaping (tootling) or are you into fogging it up (cloud chasing) or are you in between or are you into temperature control. See the ambiguity? Myself I started with lower powered tootling, later advanced into cloud chasing, and now reside in the middle, mostly kayfuns below 12watts most the day (single 2mm microcoil at 10wraps of 28awg nichrome), about mid-day I can change to a dual coil sub-ohm RTA at2.5mm using 26awg nichrome at 8wraps per coil, or an RDA dripper using 24awg nichrome at 6wraps each coil.

Single coil - decent flavor but highly juice efficient
Dual coil - decent flavor, decent cloud, decent juice efficiency
Triple coil - excellent flavor, decent cloud, low juice efficiency
Quad coil - nice flavor, excellent cloud, very low juice efficiency
Twisted wire - double listed above
Parallel side by side wire - like twisted wire but 1/3 plus more vapor and flavor
Basic Clapton wire (single core wire with single wrap wire) - massive flavor and vapor increase with greater juice consumption
Fused claptons (Dual core single wrap Clapton wire) -double a basic Clapton wire
Tiger wire (strand of round wire twisted with flat ribbon wire - great kayfuns RTA wire, boosts flavor and brings out the lighter tone
Hive wire - like tiger wire but really great on an RDA
Stapled claptons (dual core wrapped in ribbon wire) - double fused claptons above

Really without knowing what you are using and where you want to be not much to go on, just shooting blind her

I have the "Smok Koopor Primus 300w
IJOY Tornado RDTA (300w Capable)#

I want the fastest rip, I want to chase clouds, I want something to be able to use close to full capacity of my equipment.
What should I go for? and please direct me to the thickness and or maybe find an appropriate video tutorial to suit my criteria on building coils or installing them accordingly to my liking, thanks.

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well for 1) 300watts unless the mod pulse width modulates, 300watts is unattainable on 18650 batteries (20amp CDR battery = 60watts per battery max safest each battery, 25amp CDR battery = 75watts max safest per battery, 30amp CDR battery = 90ish watts max safest per battery. 3x60=180, 3x75=225,3x90=270). No battery to date maxes over 30amps CDR which LG is the only maker of a true 30amp which are their HB2, 4, and 6, anyone says 35amps or higher is flat out lying, sorry but it is the sad truth, pulse discharge is potential not truth and dangerous without active liquid or cryo-cooling.

Build on the rdta to potentially reach 180 - 220 safely and have the necessary surface area, maybe a dual fused Clapton coil 3.0mm is, 0.2ohm, 11wraps each (2x24awg cores /w 30awg wrapped wire over those), which could handle between 160 to 320 watts theoretically. Check "TwistedMesses" YouTube channel for a video to see what is involved

VU Sponsors