Become a Patron!

What are you spending your tax return on?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Vacation I tell ya! Two of them, to get away from you all, lol

144975.jpg 118619_iTihrPI2jis2gpcr1YMipmrIMOKvfYioO-y-1rd_d_E.jpg

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Bull your gonna spend most of your time by the pool on your cell phone posting here =P
Nope! The wife will not allow it especially on the first vacation out of the country, second vacation in Vegas I can sneak it after I get her drunk, and she falls asleep.

11911347_10204576295516978_335858246284855217_n.jpg

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Tax refund -- What's that? I'm a self-employed business owner, so I have to send them a big check every quarter,
SO SORRY!

Capturefffegetaboutoti.JPG

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
It's OK.... I do well enough that when it comes to vaping, I buy what I want without much hesitation. Although I never did understand why people set up their withholding in a way that got them substantial refunds. That's just giving the goobermint an interest-free loan..
Very True, but I think it is a savings for a lot who can not put away from their weekly pay check. For myself I just have a lot of deductions, lol.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
1) hiring an electrician to install a new electric breaker box and run a new 220 line to our utility room;
2) a new water heater -- electric instead of gas! So it can have 2 chambers/elements and I can get hot water faster to my kitchen and stop wasting so damn much water just waiting for it to get hot!

#1 will undoubtedly cost a lot more than #2 -- electricians ain't cheap.

Andria

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
1) hiring an electrician to install a new electric breaker box and run a new 220 line to our utility room;
2) a new water heater -- electric instead of gas! So it can have 2 chambers/elements and I can get hot water faster to my kitchen and stop wasting so damn much water just waiting for it to get hot!

#1 will undoubtedly cost a lot more than #2 -- electricians ain't cheap.

Andria
Yep always used tax refunds to do upgrades at home, but this year it is vacations long over due for us. Last real vacation we had was over 10 years ago.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep always used tax refunds to do upgrades at home, but this year it is vacations long over due for us. Last real vacation we had was over 10 years ago.

This will also have the added benefit of isolating our gas usage to winter/furnace only -- so we can take advantage of the levelized billing and not have $100 gas bills in the winter. :) And our water usage should go down considerably.; that 40-gal single chamber heater takes half of forever to deliver hot water to my kitchen.

Andria

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
@AndriaD I'm confused how you think an electric hot water heater is going go save you money vs. a gas one. Electricity is generally a much more expensive source of heat than gas. Also, is the new water heater going in the same location as the old one? If so, how is the hot water going to get to your kitchen faster? I don't know the layout of your house, but but a circulation loop might be a better solution....

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@AndriaD I'm confused how you think an electric hot water heater is going go save you money vs. a gas one. Electricity is generally a much more expensive source of heat than gas. Also, is the new water heater going in the same location as the old one? If so, how is the hot water going to get to your kitchen faster? I don't know the layout of your house, but but a circulation loop might be a better solution....

Because a 2 chamber/2 element water heater has a small "quick return" tank.... gas water heaters don't, they're all in a single chamber. Heating up a 10gal tank is a lot faster than heating an entire 40gal tank.

Our electric here is very reasonable, so we can stand it going a little higher, since we'll be able to levelize our gas billing. We're also planning on replacing our old wood-framed divided light windows soon, with thermal energy-efficient ones, which will save further on the electric bills.

Electric is also a lot safer; no CO to worry about.

Andria

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Because a 2 chamber/2 element water heater has a small "quick return" tank.... gas water heaters don't, they're all in a single chamber.
It sounds to me like that's a "quick recovery" tank, which may indeed speed up how fast you can get some hot water after you've used all the hot water you had, but this isn't going to help with a situation where you've got to run the water for a long time to get hot water to a location that's far from the tank...

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Paid off my son's travel trailer so we could all move to Austin area together in June. I did manage to order the new Billow V3 RTA for a little gift to myself.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It sounds to me like that's a "quick recovery" tank, which may indeed speed up how fast you can get some hot water after you've used all the hot water you had, but this isn't going to help with a situation where you've got to run the water for a long time to get hot water to a location that's far from the tank...

It's really not that far... about 15 ft. But this is the first gas water heater I've ever had, and it's also the slowest, to an extreme degree; causing a LOT of wasted water. All the electric ones we've had were MUCH faster, and I asked my husband why.. he said it's because of the 2 chamber/2 elements that electric ones have; that smaller tank gets the water hot faster, so by the time the larger tank is hot, you've already got hot water from the smaller quick-return tank.

Andria

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Our tax return went to a few wants and needs this year. New mattress for the wife and I, new washer so we could stop going to the laundrymat to do clothes, tune up for the car for the needs. Our wants were a new computer for me, went and ordered all the parts and built myself a fairly nice gaming rig, and a TV for our netflix account. Other than that, we went and put some money back in case of a rainy day.

Seina_Yamada

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Our tax return went to a few wants and needs this year. New mattress for the wife and I, new washer so we could stop going to the laundrymat to do clothes, tune up for the car for the needs. Our wants were a new computer for me, went and ordered all the parts and built myself a fairly nice gaming rig, and a TV for our netflix account. Other than that, we went and put some money back in case of a rainy day.

Nice I tend to use things like my pfd, tax return and bonuses for entertainment and do the savings out of my pay check instead of the other way around. I'm a bit of a home body when I'm here in the states so I don't spend a lot going out ect.

VU Sponsors