Become a Patron!

What battery is this?

I got this at the local vape shop today. They said its safe for sub ohm builds in my mod, they couldnt tell me the brand or rating though. Any thoughts?

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never used one, I have VTC3 and VTC4 in 18650s right now. From everything I've seen and read about them they are very good. They are 20A continuous and 35A pulse though. Here's some testing done supposedly by Illumination Supply. Not too shabby :)

I've never used one, I have VTC3 and VTC4 in 18650s right now. From everything I've seen and read about them they are very good. They are 20A continuous and 35A pulse though. Here's some testing done supposedly by Illumination Supply. Not too shabby :)[/QUOTE
They say not to continuously discharge without cooling in the testing. Would a long hit be considered continuous discharge?
Sorry if that's a stupid question!

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They say not to continuously discharge without cooling in the testing. Would a long hit be considered continuous discharge?
Sorry if that's a stupid question!

IMO there is no such thing as a stupid question, specially when it comes to batteries :)

Continuous discharge means continuously from full charge to empty. 10 second pulses, a long hit, are considered just that, 'pulse'. The 35A pulse rating I've seen for the HE2 is likely for 30 second pulses or less.

IMO there is no such thing as a stupid question, specially when it comes to batteries :)

Continuous discharge means continuously from full charge to empty. 10 second pulses, a long hit, are considered just that, 'pulse'. The 35A pulse rating I've seen for the HE2 is likely for 30 second pulses or less.

Thanks for the info! I really don't want to blow my face off!

VU Sponsors