Become a Patron!

What bridge and build for BB?

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Okay so I'm entirely new to building so try and cut me a break here. I was looking at getting the Cthulhu 520 RBA to run in my BB to get my feet wet because it is affordable and has plenty of options especially for premade coils. I'm looking at starting with a premade Clapton spool so I can learn to wrap etc. and I'm wondering if this sounds like a good starting point?

I'm trying to do a nice build for better flavor and I'm wondering what gauge, material, inner coil diameter, etc. that I should be shooting for. Is there another bridge someone might recommend? What do you run in your BB or any other boro device for that matter. Just looking for some direction here.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How do you plan on using it? As in mtl, rdl, or dl? That, air flow and what power you would be running it at will dictate what type of build you want to start with in there.

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I'm gonna go with MTL, low wattage 14-25W. Right now I'm running Nord 0.6 ohm mesh coils at 24W and choking off the air just a bit with my palm for a loose MTL and I like it quite a bit. Just wanna start building and increase flavor.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm gonna go with MTL, low wattage 14-25W. Right now I'm running Nord 0.6 ohm mesh coils at 24W and choking off the air just a bit with my palm for a loose MTL and I like it quite a bit. Just wanna start building and increase flavor.
I don't have the 520, but most bridges come with smaller air flow plugs to use for mtl. I don't use any builds but round wire in my mtl bridges. Not cuz I can't, just round is a piece of cake and works really well, lol. As far as pre spooded Clapton, I would look for something that will get you around .6-1.0 ohms with 5 or 6 wraps. Try not to get too thick (lower gage) wire. Ramp up time is no good for builds like these, imo.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also, you can get clone bridges at places like 3f vape or Fastec for extremely cheap compared to authentic, and are almost always perfectly fine, if you don't mind a little wait, lol

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I sometimes use this spool.
I just don't use it for its intended purpose.:idea:

3id/6wraps = .9Ω ish and you can move that around by id and/or wraps.
1655358199522.png
SS and Ni80 will ramp faster than A1 Kanthal.

Closing off some airflow on that .6 to restrict it to loose MTL isn't ideal, as you may already know. Because you can't change the bore size of the .6 and MTL happens not with just the resistance but also with the airflow at the coil. But you could get coils with smaller bore. .6 isn't a MTL resistance, prebuilt or rebuildable.

Generally its 2 weeks from places like
FastTech (free ship @ $20)
3FVape
Sourcemore
Vapesourcing

But you can get a few things at 1 vendor for little $ , vs probably more than 1 local vendor. You'll want a mod to build on, might as well get an RDA or RTA for it while your at it :devil:

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
N80, if you aren't sensitive to nickel, will be a better choice than stainless. With a small-ish ID coil, 3mm or less, it's going to take a lot of wraps to get stainless up close to an ohm, and the deck space on some of these bridges is quite limited. I don't like Kanthal because it's so dang slow to ramp up, plus to me it has a bit of a "muddy" taste to it. Yuck.

I've used Geekvape, Vandy Vape, and Wotofo pre-wound Clapton wire (all that I've tried was N80, iirc) and haven't had an issue with any of it. My preference is Wotofo, but it's gotten damn near impossible to find.

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
WOW!!! Thank you so much Vape Fan, your post was incredibly informative! So I have stopped covering the air holes on my BB and taking what I would consider to be RDL hits and I really like it!

I completely forgot about using a coil building calculator or whatever that’s called. I will fiddle with that for awhile and come up with several different builds using different materials shooting for the loose MTL to RDL range that are on the smaller side so I can fit them easily.

I thought that the wire was going to be more expensive, but it is quite affordable so I will be getting both NI80 and SS in sizes based on what I discover from the coil calc and I can try all different types of builds.

This is going to be so much fun, I’m obsessed!!!

VU Sponsors