Become a Patron!

What do I do

Hi guys.
Idk if this is the right place but I’m trying to quit vaping. I don’t usually feel good after I vape but I keep doing it and I really want to stop but don’t know how. Any tips? I’m only 18 and I don’t want to be doing this for my whole life…

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Try by weaning yourself off, try zero nic- Set a quit date and start vaping less, day by day until you are not vaping by your quit date, then make an effort not to buy any vape products and stick firm to your quit date. Buy gum, hard candy, suckers, and use them to help with any craving instead of vaping.
I vape to quit my 30+ year cigarette smoking addiction- I haven't touched one cigarette since my quit date of 12/1/2014 . Trust me it was hard in the beginning, much will power needed, but you can do it if you really want to quit.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Think @SnapDragon NY has given about the best advice. Only thing I might add is be around those encouraging you to quit, yet not being pushy with it. Let your quitting be organic.

Matter of fact, distract yourself from the goal a bit. If you're not in a relationship you might try finding yourself a girl or boy friend as suits you. Let yourself realize you need to quit for them. Don't quit save for your own desire in being with them.

The distraction can help you focus as contradictory as it sounds. For example you often will not find happiness by looking for it. Once you stop looking it can find you.

Also know the relationship bit helps. Wife seemed to push me to vape instead of smoke. Asked her why and she told me, "I might want you around longer." Forget dying for somebody, that's easy, living for 'em that's the courageous thing to do.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Many quit by going "cold turkey" - just quit buying and vaping, will power and your desire to quit vaping maybe all you need. Like @MyMagicMist said, find distractions, maybe a job if you are not working, a relationship, gum,suckers and hard candy as substitutes. Find better ways to spend your money and save for that , put the money you would have spent on vaping into a jar and save for something special and treat yourself.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Um, It's illegal for you to vape at age 18.
It could have been much, much worse.
You could have went with real cigarettes instead.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you have friends that vape? Give them your gear. That way, you won't be tempted to use it. Suck on hard candy or chew gum instead. You're still a teenager. Go skateboarding. Play video games. Do what 18 year olds do. If that doesn't suit you, the military is always hiring.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I quit for a good while. I slowly dropped my box down to 1mg, then just totally stopped.
Yeah, I vape again but still at really low nic

Try by weaning yourself off, try zero nic- Set a quit date and start vaping less, day by day until you are not vaping by your quit date, then make an effort not to buy any vape products and stick firm to your quit date. Buy gum, hard candy, suckers, and use them to help with any craving instead of vaping.
I vape to quit my 30+ year cigarette smoking addiction- I haven't touched one cigarette since my quit date of 12/1/2014 . Trust me it was hard in the beginning, much will power needed, but you can do it if you really want to quit.
Thank you so much for the tips 🙏

Th
Hi guys.
Idk if this is the right place but I’m trying to quit vaping. I don’t usually feel good after I vape but I keep doing it and I really want to stop but don’t know how. Any tips? I’m only 18 and I don’t want to be doing this for my whole life…
Thank you to everyone who’s giving me tips. There were things I hadn’t even thought of that could help. You guys are all awesome 🙏

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What were you vaping? Strong small pod system like the Juul (5 % nic)? If so, that could be the issue. If you want to quit, then do as other said, or... find a different device and use much lower nicotine levels. Then taper off.

Can you please explain why (specifically) you don't feel good after vaping?
I feel crappy like I don’t want to do anything and then I avoid things that I would usually want to do. Sometimes also physically like I get a hollow feeling in my stomach. Not to the point of wanting to throw up though, it’s just uncomfortable.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mom used to tell about how when she was 16 and wanted to smoke. My Pap told her she could wait until she was 18, the legal age at the time. On the day she turned 18 Pap asked her a simple question. "You've been 18 years without smoking, why do you need it now?"

This is the same Pap that learned to swim by falling off a log in the river while there alone. More and more as I live life, find myself being quiet like him. Often it's a struggle to articulate what is desired said, correctly so as to not hurt.

Pap believed truth never took many words. Think I do too.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah juul
I smoked for 34 years before switching to vaping. Ain't had a ciggy since. Yet, I don't use a nic level that high, never did. That's probably what's making you feel off.

Nicotine is used in pesticides (mainly for spraying plants such as rose bushes). If your body is not accustomed to it, it will make you feel ill. If you insist on vaping, use something with a much lower nicotine level, like maybe 1 or 2 percent. Zero would be better. They make them with no nicotine at all.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A friend of mine quit by limiting the time he allowed himself to vape each day and then every week shortened the time slot. Many day I seen him anxiously waiting for 10 o'clock, then 11, then12 and so on, he has never fell back into smoking or vaping again.

VU Sponsors