Become a Patron!

What equipment do I need for DIY Juice?

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm putting together a shopping list of items to purchase for making the transition over to diy juice. What essentials should I put on it?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apart from Nic PG, VG, flavors:
syringes: 1ml, 3ml, and 10ml
blunt tip needles - I use 18 gauge for flavors and 14 gauge for nic, pg, vg
something to measure larger quantities with - you can use a pyrex measuring cup or buy some small measuring cups for up to 30ml quantities
some people would recommend nitrile gloves - I hardly ever use mine (to keep the nic off your skin)
glass bottles for storing nic in the freezer
bottles for juice - I use little 6ml vials for experiments

I'm sure someone else will flesh this list out further!

Last edited:

Vangrl

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Brand new to it, so I'm taking the easy/lazy way for awhile. I'm just doing the drop method and ordering unflavoured nic at 12mg 50/50, so I don't even have to mix those ingredients.

I ordered a bunch of 6ml empty bottles, and a 14 gauge 6ml syringe was a must for filling those bottles.

And I ordered a BUNCH of FA flavours from Pure Vapes.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apart from Nic PG, VG, flavors:
syringes: 1ml, 3ml, and 10ml
blunt tip needles - I use 18 gauge for flavors and 14 gauge for nic, pg, vg
something to measure larger quantities with - you can use a pyrex measuring cup or buy some small measuring cups for up to 30ml quantities
some people would recommend nitrile gloves - I hardly ever use mine (to keep the nic off your skin)
glass bottles for storing nic in the freezer
bottles for juice - I use little 6ml vials for experiments

I'm sure someone else will flesh this list out further!

Thanks for the reply! Adding everything to my list, except gloves.. I like to live dangerously ;)

Brand new to it, so I'm taking the easy/lazy way for awhile. I'm just doing the drop method and ordering unflavoured nic at 12mg 50/50, so I don't even have to mix those ingredients.

I ordered a bunch of 6ml empty bottles, and a 14 gauge 6ml syringe was a must for filling those bottles.

And I ordered a BUNCH of FA flavours from Pure Vapes.

Thanks for the reply!
That's not a bad idea. I had considered doing that as well, but I can save a little by buying 100mg. I need more monies for shiny things! ;) How do you like the FA flavors?

I'm assuming that was supposed to take me to a post or sticky about things one should have for diy juice? It just takes me to the diy section of the forum though. Thanks anyway sir!

Vangrl

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ya you'll save more buying 100mg, but even at 12mg I'm saving about 80% over pre-made. When I feel more comfortable handling nic I may advance to stronger mg.

I'm really liking FA. I've only been at it about a month, so I haven't tried a tonne of flavours, but the FA recipes I stole from other DIY'ers have been great!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used my gloves (I must have a dozen pairs) exactly once, when I first used 100mg. I do mix it in a sink (well, usually) with the window open. I tend to be careless, and I know it wouldn't take much for me to tip the bottle over. But the window is open, and it's in the sink - and I have no little ones around! And I truly don't think it's a death sentence if you get a splash of 100mg nic - although I would wash it off pretty quickly (I hate that queasy feeling from too much nic!).

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ya you'll save more buying 100mg, but even at 12mg I'm saving about 80% over pre-made. When I feel more comfortable handling nic I may advance to stronger mg.
I'm really liking FA. I've only been at it about a month, so I haven't tried a tonne of flavours, but the FA recipes I stole from other DIY'ers have been great!

That's still a considerable savings, nothing to sneeze at by any means. Nice, I've heard a lot of good things about FA. Some of there flavors will definitely be on my list. I've got to find some decent recipes. I really like fruit and desert flavors, but enjoy some custards and a menthol once in awhile.

I used my gloves (I must have a dozen pairs) exactly once, when I first used 100mg. I do mix it in a sink (well, usually) with the window open. I tend to be careless, and I know it wouldn't take much for me to tip the bottle over. But the window is open, and it's in the sink - and I have no little ones around! And I truly don't think it's a death sentence if you get a splash of 100mg nic - although I would wash it off pretty quickly (I hate that queasy feeling from too much nic!).

I've got some hazmat gloves if need be, lol. I'm not too fearful though, I delivered fuels, mostly gasoline, for the last fifteen years...nicotine is far more pleasant. I'm not certain that I've reached the queasy stage, and I vape like a fiend, but yeah that's never a pleasant feeling. I will be using your sink idea! Thanks

Last edited:

Vangrl

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! That's helpful.

mofo follow this member "headinclouds" he posts really fab FA recipes, he's already put up a bunch in the DIY recipe section!

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
mofo follow this member "headinclouds" he posts really fab FA recipes, he's already put up a bunch in the DIY recipe section!

Will do! That name is familiar, ecf perhaps? I'm going to be checking out the recipe lists over there as well.

VU Sponsors