Become a Patron!

What 'exactly' are the protections provided by a "protected mod"???

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
for example: a WOTOFO Profile Squonk mod has a description of:

Wotofo tech Profile Box Mod is designed with the latest nexCHIP technology for fast, almost instant firing, within 0.001s. Moreover, this chipboard also has a plethora of safety features for a secure experience.

What EXACTLY are these "PLETHORA of safety features"? I cannot find this info online, so I was curious as to what this seemingly extensive list of protections are...

Thanks!

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Cutoff - Keeps the vape from firing for too long, like if the fire button is pressed accidentally
Temperature - Stops firing if circuitry gets too hot
Over Charge - Stops charging when battery is charged fully
Over Discharge - Warns when battery voltage gets too low
Reverse Polarity - No issue if batteries are inserted incorrectly
Over Current - Prevents delivery of too much current
Short Circuit - Seems to be kind of a catch-all term but it's basically the same as over current protection

I believe that covers them. Manufacturer websites often list them. If you want more technical info, someone else will do better than I can.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks!!! That's what I was looking for! I knew a couple of those but didn't account for charging bc I charge in an external charger.

I tried looking up nexCHIP technology but all I could find was company profiles and all I could find on WOTOFO was the name of the chip "nexCHIP"...

Not sure how good of a job they do on the overheating aspect... Learned a while back to lock the watts and turn off device B4 I put it in my pocket, lol

Had one that got cranked to 200 watts and fired in my pocket... I think that's where the food 'hot pocket' got its name from, lol

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Thanks!!! That's what I was looking for! I knew a couple of those but didn't account for charging bc I charge in an external charger.

I tried looking up nexCHIP technology but all I could find was company profiles and all I could find on WOTOFO was the name of the chip "nexCHIP"...

Not sure how good of a job they do on the overheating aspect... Learned a while back to lock the watts and turn off device B4 I put it in my pocket, lol

Had one that got cranked to 200 watts and fired in my pocket... I think that's where the food 'hot pocket' got its name from, lol
Its the board temp, not the coil temp (unless your in tc mode). Wasnt laffing at u, was laffing at hot pockets cuz yes, it does not protect that on its own

Last edited:

VU Sponsors