VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Many of you remember and signed this petition:

Urge the FDA to re-work the deeming regs so that life-saving vapor products can remain on the market!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...-life-saving-vapor-products-can-remain-market

This was the response we got back for our 100,000 plus signatures:

ubT0ZcXm-NB4qbJKiVsup5vbmhSiQILTKV_4QqzXyHj9pfP-1H2PRsVfDJc0oz93CsnOM9so3Kpi4U5qKVWk0knHWDqAVjTcOZHPva5D01uRsFqUMacbgyrqmpQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Following up on your petition on the tobacco regulations:

A few months back, we sent an initial response to a petition you signed on the tobacco deeming regulations. At the time, the rule in question was still under interagency review. But now, there's more to say.

Last week, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration finalized a rule extending its authority to all tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, cigars, hookah tobacco, and pipe tobacco, among others.

This rule will allow the FDA to improve public health and protect future generations from the dangers of tobacco use through a variety of steps, including restricting the sale of these tobacco products to minors nationwide.

Tobacco use poses a significant threat to public health and is the leading cause of preventable deaths in the U.S. today. While there has been a major decline in the use of traditional cigarettes among youth over the past decade, their use of other tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, continues to climb.

In 2015, 3 million middle and high school students were using e-cigarettes.

Prior to FDA’s actions this week, there was a big difference between the rules for the makers of traditional tobacco cigarettes and the rules for these new products.

If you were to purchase a traditional cigarette today, you would be warned about the health risks. You'd also be over the age of 18, because it is illegal to sell cigarettes to minors. These safeguards have greatly contributed to the decline in smoking. But the newer tobacco products haven't had these same safeguards in place.

The new regulations are aimed at making sure all tobacco manufacturers and retailers follow the same rules -- rules to protect children and make sure everyone can make informed decisions about their own health and the products they purchase.

So what do the new provisions say? For starters:

• Stores will not be allowed to sell e-cigarettes, cigars, and hookah tobacco to people under 18 years of age.
  • All sales to those 26 and under will require a photo ID -- just like needing an ID for cigarettes.
  • Manufacturers will be required to place health warnings on product packages and ads.
You can read more about the new regulations and what this means for manufacturers, retailers, and our nation's health here.

These regulations mark a new chapter in the FDA's efforts to end preventable tobacco-related disease and death, ensure consumers can make informed decisions, and protect the health of America's youth from the dangers of tobacco.

Thanks again for raising your voice on this issue.

-- The We the People Team

In other words:
PETITIONS DON'T DO SHIT.

ALL THEY DO IS MAKE "SLACKTIVISTS" THINK THEY DID SOMETHING.

THEN WHEN CASAA PUTS OUT AN IMPORTANT CALL TO ACTION THE PETITION SIGNER SAYS "FUCK IT I ALREADY SIGNED THAT PETITION THE OTHER DAY"

LET'S STOP WASTING OUR TIME FILLING OUT USELESS PETITIONS AND WHEN CASAA, SFATA, NOT BLOWING SMOKE, AVA, ETC... ASKS US TO DO SOMETHING THEN LETS DO IT!!! - 5150

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I got that email. I felt like I needed a shower afterward. They worded it enough to make me feel like I supported their stupid regulations. I replied and told them that while I was not thrilled about minors using ecigs, I was happy that they weren't smoking cigarettes. I also told them, I felt like they were promoting smoking.

We've already had warning labels in place, we've already not allowed minors to buy ecigs in stores.

Every corner I turn, I read what everyone is saying here. We're all pissed off about these new regs. I saw that CASAA is teaming up with several organizations to get something done.

I hope they can.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got that email. I felt like I needed a shower afterward. They worded it enough to make me feel like I supported their stupid regulations. I replied and told them that while I was not thrilled about minors using ecigs, I was happy that they weren't smoking cigarettes. I also told them, I felt like they were promoting smoking.

We've already had warning labels in place, we've already not allowed minors to buy ecigs in stores.

Every corner I turn, I read what everyone is saying here. We're all pissed off about these new regs. I saw that CASAA is teaming up with several organizations to get something done.

I hope they can.
I got the email earlier today....I replied with nearly the same wording, the fucking jackasses are promoting smoking....!

Had to read it twice, thought I must have misunderstood what they were saying....unfucking believable.

Last edited:

dr_rox

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ALL THEY DO IS MAKE "SLACKTIVISTS" THINK THEY DID SOMETHING.

That's right.

The people that wrote the rules wipe their ass with the petitions if they bothered to even to print them out.
Yet, the bullshit prevails.
These same asshats feel no guilt when stories like the following appear.

Doctors pose a significant threat to public health and is the leading cause of preventable deaths in the U.S. today. .
is the way that line should read.

Heart disease and cancer have genetic links besides the environmental ones.... so the leading cause of dealth in the US may be medical errors, and some of the errors are overlooked due to the methods tha data was compiled....

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-the-third-leading-cause-of-death-study-finds

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
That's right.

The people that wrote the rules wipe their ass with the petitions if they bothered to even to print them out.
Yet, the bullshit prevails.
These same asshats feel no guilt when stories like the following appear.

is the way that line should read.

Heart disease and cancer have genetic links besides the environmental ones.... so the leading cause of dealth in the US may be medical errors, and some of the errors are overlooked due to the methods tha data was compiled....

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-the-third-leading-cause-of-death-study-finds

The medical error resulting in the super bug that damned near killed me back in 2011 was overlooked because i didn't die.
It just made my life a living hell for 3 years.
The only thing that was good that came out of it was i quit smoking and started vaping in August 2012
That was only because i was physically too weak to get out of the house to smoke.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I hope they can.
I felt the same way.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea, I did the petition thing. Now I get literally a dozen requests per week for all kinds of petitions: "Save the Speckled Farting Mouse", "Make Detroit a federal protectorate" Et Cetera.

VU Sponsors