Become a Patron!

What is the deal with "salts" in some vape juice.

I have been looking around at vape juice. I notice that most of then contain the word "salts." Does that mean that it contains some form of actual salt? The last thing I would want to do is heat sodium chloride. (salt) Because salt is made up of both sodium and chlorine. Both of which individually are highly toxic. If heating any salt caused some of it to break down into sodium and chlorine, it would be a really bad thing if you inhaled it.

Also, I was looking at one online vape place and some of their vape juice came in two different kinds. One that they described as "salts" and the other as "Freebase." From what I could see, the ones listed as "freebase" tended to have a lower percentage of nicotine. I wonder why that would be. Anybody here have the answers?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@disobey

From your beloved Brave AI:

"

Nicotine Salts vs Freebase​

Based on the provided information, here are the main differences between nicotine salts and freebase nicotine:
  • Form: Nicotine salts are organic, while freebase nicotine is pure.
  • Throat Hit: Nicotine salts provide a smooth and mellow throat hit, whereas freebase nicotine can be strong and harsh when inhaled.
  • Absorption Rate: Nicotine salts are absorbed evenly, whereas freebase nicotine is absorbed rapidly.
  • Concentration: Nicotine salts typically have higher concentrations than freebase nicotine.
  • Device Power: Nicotine salts are suitable for low-powered devices, while freebase nicotine is better suited for high-powered devices.

Additional Insights​

• Nicotine salts occur naturally in tobacco leaves and are extracted as is to preserve their innate smoothness. Manufacturers recharge the nicotine particles with benzoic acid to create nicotine salts.
  • Nic salts have a quicker warm, fuzzy nicotine feeling compared to freebase nicotine.
  • Nic salts can be more addictive due to higher nicotine concentrations, so it’s recommended to start with lower strengths.
  • Both nicotine salts and freebase nicotine are considered safe, and the choice between the two ultimately depends on individual preferences and vaping habits.

In Summary​

Nicotine salts and freebase nicotine differ in their form, throat hit, absorption rate, concentration, and device power requirements. Nicotine salts are characterized by their smooth and mellow throat hit, even absorption rate, and higher concentrations, making them suitable for low-powered devices and those who prefer a more subtle vaping experience. Freebase nicotine, on the other hand, is known for its strong and harsh throat hit, rapid absorption rate, and lower concentrations, making it better suited for high-powered devices and those who prefer a more intense vaping experience.
Follow up
"

Last edited:
@disobey

From your beloved Brave AI:

"

Nicotine Salts vs Freebase​

Based on the provided information, here are the main differences between nicotine salts and freebase nicotine:
  • Form: Nicotine salts are organic, while freebase nicotine is pure.
  • Throat Hit: Nicotine salts provide a smooth and mellow throat hit, whereas freebase nicotine can be strong and harsh when inhaled.
  • Absorption Rate: Nicotine salts are absorbed evenly, whereas freebase nicotine is absorbed rapidly.
  • Concentration: Nicotine salts typically have higher concentrations than freebase nicotine.
  • Device Power: Nicotine salts are suitable for low-powered devices, while freebase nicotine is better suited for high-powered devices.

Additional Insights​

• Nicotine salts occur naturally in tobacco leaves and are extracted as is to preserve their innate smoothness. Manufacturers recharge the nicotine particles with benzoic acid to create nicotine salts.
  • Nic salts have a quicker warm, fuzzy nicotine feeling compared to freebase nicotine.
  • Nic salts can be more addictive due to higher nicotine concentrations, so it’s recommended to start with lower strengths.
  • Both nicotine salts and freebase nicotine are considered safe, and the choice between the two ultimately depends on individual preferences and vaping habits.

In Summary​

Nicotine salts and freebase nicotine differ in their form, throat hit, absorption rate, concentration, and device power requirements. Nicotine salts are characterized by their smooth and mellow throat hit, even absorption rate, and higher concentrations, making them suitable for low-powered devices and those who prefer a more subtle vaping experience. Freebase nicotine, on the other hand, is known for its strong and harsh throat hit, rapid absorption rate, and lower concentrations, making it better suited for high-powered devices and those who prefer a more intense vaping experience.
Follow up
"

Yeah, I asked the question. But I decided to find out for myself. I could have done it the hard way. But I decided to let the Brave AI do it for me. It looks like vape juice with "salts" is the way to go. But I am still unsure as to which level of nicotine to have in the vape juice. I figure that I only need a little nicotine than can be found in a regular cigarette. Again, according to the Brave AI, the amount of nicotine found in a regular cigarette ranges from 8 to 20 mg. With the average being 12 mg. But with vape juice containing nic salts that help your body absorb nicotine better than regular tobacco does, I'm still not sure on which level of nicotine to get. Maybe I'll try asking the AI again.

All that aside, I'll tell you something interesting about nicotine that I had found out quite some time ago. Long before I ever heard of Brave browser. When nicotine is incinerated in the heat of a cigarette, do you know what some of that nicotine turns into? Niacin. Which is definitely good for you.

Well I just looked it up with the AI. It would seem that 20 to 24 mg of nic salts in vape juice is the way to go. Though it says that for heavy smokers, they may require a higher nicotine level to replicate the hit you get from cigarettes.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Is this what the world is going to be? Everyone depending on AI for factual information, more like taking AI information as factual?

:rolleyes: :(:(o_Oo_O:huh::huh::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::blech::wait::crazy::popcorn::deadhorse::zombie::zombie:🤮🤮

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is this what the world is going to be? Everyone depending on AI for factual information, more like taking AI information as factual?
GIGO, garbage in garbage out.

AI is only as good as it's database source. If it has a crap data source it's going to produce crap answers.

GIGO, garbage in garbage out.

AI is only as good as it's database source. If it has a crap data source it's going to produce crap answers.

Granted, there are a lot of crap websites to be found when doing a search for something. But there are some good websites too. Good or bad, the AI searches them for you and comes up with the answers. If you aren't satisfied with them, then do your own search. As to what i said I found using AI about nic salts, do you think it isn't factual? If so, suggest a website. Just post a link to it in your reply.

VU Sponsors