Become a Patron!

What is variable Voltage

vapingmandycat

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
Todays electronic cigarettes come in a wide range of choices.
color shapes and sizes, and also variable voltage.

Almost all electronic cigarette batteries are rated at 3.7 volts. However, you will find that your vaping experience changes when you use different e-liquids and atomizing devices.
Some combinations may produce ‘rich’ flavor and ‘full-bodied throat hit’, while others may leave you wishing you could “crank it up a bit” either in the vapor production, taste or throat hit.
Variable voltage electronic cigarettes allow you to do exactly that, making it possible to change the voltage of your device to achieve the vapor production, flavor and throat hit you crave that you may not be able to achieve from your current device.
Variable Voltage Vaporizers are electronic cigarette power control devices that allow the user to connect a range of atomizing devices and control the voltage that is applied to the atomizer. Every fluid will have its own ‘sweet spot’ i.e. the perfect optimal temperature that it should be vaped at. A variable voltage allows you find and enjoy every ‘sweet spot’ for every flavor and fluid.

How Do Variable-Voltage Electronic Cigarettes Work? It’s all about Watts ‘n’ Volts
An electronic cigarette generates vapor by heating an atomizing device normally containing a heater coil. This heat combined with the ‘draw’ from the user cause the fluid to be atomi zed into the vapor that is inhaled. The hotter the coil and the greater the surface area of fluid the coil acts upon will cause more vapor to be produced. Therefore, two primary means of increasing vapor exist: either heat the coil to a higher temperature or increase the amount of fluid that is exposed to a ‘vaping’ temperature. To produce more heat the device will need more power. To support the energy required to heat to ‘vaping’ temperature an increase area of fluid again requires more power. Therein lies the simple secret to variable voltage devices. They can provide more power to increase the temperature of operation and they can also ‘fuel’ the power demand of an atomizer that provides a greater vaping surface area of heater element, or often, if you choose the right combination of devices, both will contribute to really ‘punch’ high volumes of tasty vapor.
Most electronic cigarettes use 3.7volt batteries and 2.5ohm atomizers. This combination produces a little under 5.5watts of power. When you pair a 3.7volt battery with a low-resistance atomizer (such as a 1.5-ohm Dual Coil Cartomizer, the power being applied to the vaporizing action of the electronic cigarette increases to over 9 watts. However, you cannot keep on simply reducing the
resistance of the atomizer as the temperature will rise to a level which will cause fluid overheating and burning and rapidly degrade the performance of the atomizer. To gain the widest range of performance you will need the ability to alter both the resistance of your device and also vary the voltage you apply. For example, our Torpedo Chrome operating at 6 volts, connected to our 3ohm ‘Clearomizer’ device will generate 12 watts of safe high vapor power, without overheat and degrading the life or performance.

http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/watt-volt-amp-calculator.htm

ecigworldau

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Variable Voltage Vaporizers are electronic cigarette power control devices that allow the user to connect a range of atomizing devices and control the voltage that is applied to the atomizer. The advantage of a variable voltage device is that it allows the atomizer to be used at its optimum level and so will give the user of the device a greater range of control over throat hit and vapor production.

Elberto34

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Variable Voltage is a feature found in some personal vaporizers that allows the user to manually adjust the voltage being provided to the atomizer (or cartomizer) heating coils.

Adam Ross

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
VV is when you can adjust the voltage (power) going from the battery to the atomizer coils. It gives you the ability to "fine-tune" your Vape to get either more flavor, more vapor, or both. Hope this helps!

Thanks are there any other beginner guides I should read. I've been using a mech mod for about 2 weeks now I'm very new to this. The most I know how to do is charge my batts and rewick/rejuice.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I assume your using a rebuildable?? In that case you need to learn battery safety/ ohms law, and how to wrap a coil. How do your coils get wrapped now?
Search around youtube and you will find alot of good vids that will show you how to do it properly and how to be safe while doing it.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was about to say this is quite outdated, then I noticed this thread is from 2014.

hollynorth

Member For 4 Years
An electronic cigarette generates vapor by heating an atomizing device normally containing a heater coil. Variable voltage vaporizers are electronic cigarette power controls devices that allow the user to connect a range of atomizing devices and control the voltage that is applied to the atomizer.

NineNine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Provided good information for all the folks in short, most of the person are not aware of variable voltage, they only hear about e-cigarette because of its popularity. This thread make the folks aware about it easily.
Agree 100%

If you are looking for information about Variable Voltage / Wattage electronic cigarettes, it could be because the E-cig you are using at the moment is not giving you the vapour production and flavour you want. When you are new to vaping (using an electronic cigarette) finding what works best for you can be a maze, and you will be going through a steep learning curve, as here are a lot of different Electronic cigarette devices available on the market. According to Pinoy Network If you buy an expensive (Variable Voltage / Wattage) device and find that vaping is not for you, you will have invested a lot of money on something that you will never use again, as where if you would buy a cheaper alternative (Starter Kit) and you wish to continue using the E-cig it is very easy to upgrade.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Could I ask a question: whether it will be much better if we use more power, at the same with the lower resistence?
What is better, it totally dependent on your taste. I like a pretty warm vape at higher wattage, you might not, so you would use lower wattage on the same coil. With a regulated mod, resistance has very little to do with anything, as long as it is within your mods limits. Usually 0.1 to 3.0ohm.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ALL regulated output mods are Variable Voltage..... No mods actually adjust Wattage or Temperature..... VW, Temp Control are just different ways of calculating the voltage to be output.

nethanpaul

Member For 2 Years
A variable voltage pen battery allows one to adjust the heating power of the device, basically controlling the temperature of the device. Simply put, the higher the voltage you set, the higher the heat. This will intensify or lessen certain variables of your vape. A lower voltage setting allows more subtle flavors to come through since some delicate terpenes may not be discernible with higher heat. Lower voltage also offers softer effects since it may take more hits on a low heat setting to achieve the desired.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
04f.gif_c200

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow, this thread is old. But I still use VV, 80/20 pg vg 12mg juice. I did get trendy when cloud chasing first started. Now I’m back to mtl 24/7 with my old shit. Both my Provari’s are used on a daily basis. 🙂

ukvaporwaves

Unlisted Vendor
Variable voltage/current variable frequency source is used to simulate mains conditions of different countries.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Variable voltage/current variable frequency source is used to simulate mains conditions of different countries.
Here. You forgot the rest.

In case you haven't noticed, this is a vaping forum, about vaping.
The question of this thread pertains to vaping.

We don't like or put up with misinformation about vaping.
Get your act together, unless being here doesn't matter to you that much.

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If that moron really is a vendor of anything vape related, it's probably disposables. That way, he doesn't have to know anything about vape gear ... just like the punks at most B&M vape stores I have visited. Ain't no use arguing with a wet blanket.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'll add a belch to make it complete... :giggle:
*nodding with big grin* Thanks, think at the time I might have managed a snuff induced reflux belch. Those are as bad as dry vape hits.

Right as you sense you got a good swill of spit rolling up, belching and trying not to swallow. Worse is someone knowing you got a good rub in, swatting your lip and instantly causing a gag.

Point being it's not too pleasant to belch when rubbing snuff. Somebody might have gotten drenched in witergreen flavored tobacco juice. Only once got myself like that, and it was simply a self dare. "Ha! I will spit into the wind! How dare wind keep me from enjoying my, ... oh, ugh, okay things to never do again."

We do despite statements like, ...

"Here, hold my beer and watch this, ..."

"Why they can't tell me what I can't do, ..."

"Whoever heard such like as can't be done, ..."

I actually recall Summers of running pastures, woods, hills, slate quarry, riverbeds, gravel roads barefoot and hoping up running on the top fence line which was barb wired and drawn extremely taut. Now at 50 years old I'm here in a bigger city hating every shoed stepped on flat concrete. *smh* No wonder livestock kept on it loses its spirit. Damn stuff simply breaks your feet, cramps your legs, warps your back, and I imagine assails a soul if the physical pain isn't enough.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors