Become a Patron!

What Is Your Favorite Watermelon Brand?

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@skeene What brands of fruits.......PG/VG ratio do you shake and vape with?.....Are you dripping into a sub-ohm RDA or using tanks?....and what flavor percentages do you generally use?
70/30, 3mg nic. I have this base premixed and steeping. fruit flavors and % vary according to what brand and flavor it is. generally overall it's usually between 8-16%.
I use rta's mainly, rda's for testing.
I am curious about Lotus, just wish they sold cheaper sample sizes

Flavor Alchemist

Member For 4 Years
What brand flavorings are you mixing between 8-16%?.......Yeah, I have seen you on at least one Medicine Flower thread here......Dude, It is the best absolute vape experience I have ever had, and yeah, it is expensive....I would imagine that the 5 ml from ECX is gonna be the smallest size you can find.......at $9.99 per 5 ml....They have had it on sale for like $7.50, so maybe keep an eye open.......But if you do the math with the small %s you will use, it is about similar in price/ml juice.....I mixed my Lotus (MF) Watermelon at 2% and steeped it for 3 weeks and it blew me away....Just like having a real chunk of watermelon in your mouth.....and that was in a little Aspire BVC coil deal.........Put it into my Goblin Mini, and it was unbelievable......you can even taste the slight hint of the rind......AWESOME.......after another week, the rind went away and it got super sweet........but still pure watermelon.......the flavor lingers in your mouth, nose, throat area for hours ..........Personally I wasn't happy with my initial trial of Strawberry, but I am working on that one, as we speak..........It needs a steep, mainly because it is so concentrated and the volatiles need time to disperse.....Don't use heat steep methods with these, as they will flavor fade......Store Flavoring in fridge, as they are Organic and natural, with no preservatives.....I mixed by weight......Lot's of discussion on E Liquid Recipe dot com......as some report excellent results at .6%..... .8%........... 1%...........you can also find tasting notes and discussions there.......I am gonna be Tanking my Vanilla this weekend........but at any rate, can you share with me your fruit flavor brands that you enjoy with a shake and vape?

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Capella Double Watermelon is good. It's not too candy-like to me and no coloring.
Stand-alone, Wild Melon by Flavorah is my favorite. There are other melons mixed in there but watermelon stands out the most by far. I mix at 2% but some go up to 5%

BenjaTheNinja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Capella Double Watermelon is good. It's not too candy-like to me and no coloring.
Stand-alone, Wild Melon by Flavorah is my favorite. There are other melons mixed in there but watermelon stands out the most by far. I mix at 2% but some go up to 5%
Hmm, i must try this melon flv melon you speak of.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use a tfa watermelon to make Juicy fruit. The bad thing about juicy fruit is it is hard to get the flavor out of your tank.

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use a fa watermelon to make Juicy fruit. The bad thing about juicy fruit is it is hard to get the flavor out of your tank.

Are you mixing it with FA Tutti Frutti cause that's supposed to be a juicy fruit type.
Funny as I've had it for a long time but never even tried any yet.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Are you mixing it with FA Tutti Frutti cause that's supposed to be a juicy fruit type.
Funny as I've had it for a long time but never even tried any yet.
No Fa tutti frutti is tutti frutti. I use Tfa water melon 15% and tfa cotton candy 3% people tell me it make the best Juicy Fruit . I don't normally use such high % but this is what it takes to make a very good Juicy Fruit.

I find tfa the most realistic..key is to flavor lightly..watermelon isn't a strong flavor by nature..boost it with a a tiny bit of raspberry...think space jam pluto you definitely get a realistic watermelon aftertaste past the bublegum mint flavor..i love watermelons and I live in nc home of the bogue sound watermelons so I know watermelon..if you want punch in the face watermelon it's not gonna be realistic because real watermelon is not strong at all its mostly waterrrr...

Flavor Alchemist

Member For 4 Years
I find tfa the most realistic..key is to flavor lightly..watermelon isn't a strong flavor by nature..boost it with a a tiny bit of raspberry...think space jam pluto you definitely get a realistic watermelon aftertaste past the bublegum mint flavor..i love watermelons and I live in nc home of the bogue sound watermelons so I know watermelon..if you want punch in the face watermelon it's not gonna be realistic because real watermelon is not strong at all its mostly waterrrr...
Have you tasted Medicine Flower watermelon?......sold at ECX under the name of Lotus flavors.......I got a black eye from it @ 1.5% StandAlone......Mouth to lung hitter in an RTA at 12 watts

I'm still on the quest to find the "best" watermelon... i currently have: FW Candy Watermelon, CAP Double Watermelon, LA Melon, INW Melon, FA Melon Cantaloupe, CAP Sweet Watermelon, HS Watermelon, INW Watermelon, FW Watermelon, FLV Watermelon, LA Watermelon, TFA Watermelon Candy, FLV Wild Melon............................. my favorites probably are (in no certain order yet) flv wild melon & inw melon

if anyone can help me out with a good "melon and cream" type recipe i'd greatly appreciate it. as far as creams go, i have pretty much all your staples. p.s. i dont want this to have any mint, menthol, or koolada. just a good melon with some cream to give it some body. let me know... thanks!

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love FA watermelon. next time throw a little FA raspberry in it. really makes the watermelon pop.

That lil' thread comes is handy, as I'm working on a watermelon recipe while vaping on NN's "watermelon mint" single shot (it's okay, but nothing to write home about). Ok, a little raspberry… :ejuice:

id start with 2% raspberry . usually i would do like 3% watermelon 2% raspberry or 2% watermelon and 1% raspberry. not sure I would do 4 and 3 tho. that raspberry is pretty strong.

3:2 is "a little"?! :eek:

Seriously, if your goal is to "make the watermelon pop", why use so much of… well, not watermelon? Raspberry is a damn strong flavor.

CrazyCatLady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are nuts! LOL
Just vape it from now on, being allergic to something is nothing to mess around with.
Please be cautious telling someone to vape a flavor, when they're allergic to the real food. It may also cause an allergic reaction. My personal experience--I'm allergic to dairy and I've had allergic reactions to vaping creams and milk. I'm not saying it will happen, but it could especially if it's a natural flavoring. Just my .02.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Totally Wicked Gold Standard Watermelon is very good. Tastes like watermelon juice without the rind.

I have some on the way (Expected Delivery Date: June 3, 2017)

Could you please suggest a starting percentage mix amount?

Thanks!

Ron
---
"Whatever your determination or will power, it is foolish to try to change the nature of things. Things work the way they do because that is the way of things"- Miyamoto Musashi

Boogenshizzle

Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I couldn't take it anymore and dumped out my LorAnn's Watermelon because of the food coloring was driving me crazy.
I forgot I had made Tiger's Blood as it was put away for steeping. It needed to be tweaked which I did to some degree.
The only watermelon I have left is Tasty Puff. It is pretty good, but on the weak side. I'm looking for a good watermelon that isn't too sweet like candy. A hint of candy taste would be ok.
Thank you for any help with this flavor request.
if you haven't tried Purilum Watermelon yet, it's very tasty

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow-what a cool thread to read through. It brought back many memories of the old days of mixing flavors.
This time around I bought CAP Sweet Watermelon as I had forgotten about the others when making my order. I do like it as an accent flavor. Should I find the need for a more real watermelon I will come back to this thread and reread the suggestions.
Thanks again for everyone's input.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I couldn't take it anymore and dumped out my LorAnn's Watermelon because of the food coloring was driving me crazy.
I forgot I had made Tiger's Blood as it was put away for steeping. It needed to be tweaked which I did to some degree.
The only watermelon I have left is Tasty Puff. It is pretty good, but on the weak side. I'm looking for a good watermelon that isn't too sweet like candy. A hint of candy taste would be ok.
Thank you for any help with this flavor request.
Loran makes a clear watermelon as well. I buy it from a candy making shop for like a buck a dram. Sorry to say I like it and use it in my Tiger Blood.

VU Sponsors