What Mod Should I Save Up For?

What Mod Should I Save Up For?

• Total voters

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a Poll to ask what Mod I should save up for.
I would love your input VU Family!

Gromet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Istick 50watt. Small, huge battery, 50 watts of power, rechargable, pass through vaping, etc.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Istick 50watt. Small, huge battery, 50 watts of power, rechargable, pass through vaping, etc.
Thank you for the input! I have been looking at the iStick 50w a LOT!
Can you suggest any Mods with a removable battery?

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How much power do you require?

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
People have liked the Sigelei 100w quite a bit.

getek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ipv4 looks promising... If you have to save up, then you should get time to see reviews once people get them in hand. I know I'm looking forward to seeing how these perform.

Gromet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you are looking for 50 to 100 watts of power than the provari is off the table as it only goes to 20 watts...

Honestly I would go for a Sigelei 150 watt. Gives you some breathing room power wise. It's got amazing build quality, amazing performance, magnetic battery door is awesome, etc... It takes 2 18650 batteries and has great battery life. Price on the net is basically $99.99 so 150 watts for $100.00. Pretty awesome.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Unless you plan to really be serious with sub ohm, for the money I don't think you can beat the istick 50w. I have the 30w and 50w and love them. Battery life is amazing on both and they charge fairly quick and you can pass through vape. The 50w will handle coils down to .2ohm which is pretty low unless you're really chasing clouds. Personally I don't see myself going any lower than that. The readily available .5ohm coils are easily powered by the 30w and 50w. For the money I think the istick wins. Around $35 for the 30w and I just bought the 50w for under $45. I also really like my IPV mini (30w) if you really want changeable batteries.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you guys for the input! I'm going to be checking out the Sigelei 100W and the iStick 50W!

fiveOclock

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those two mods are very different. Which atty are you planning on using? It is easier to narrow down the mod options if you already have an atty picked out.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Those two mods are very different. Which atty are you planning on using? It is easier to narrow down the mod options if you already have an atty picked out.
I mostly use my Lemo Drop for higher ohms and a Kanger SubTank when I want lower ohms with the .5Ω coil. I'm hoping to get the Lemo 2 soon, once it comes out of course.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I voted for the Hex not necessarily because I think it is the right fit but because of the warranty of the device. The Hex v2 is a little over priced imo since it is a hammond enclosure but the warranty gives it longevity which can add value assuming Cravin Vapes does not tank in the near future.

With your mentioned desired watt range the P3 is off the table as it is a 20w device.

So that leaves the other category and there is no shortage of options in that regard and a strong case can be made for many of them, so really it is a matter of the right fit for you to get the right value out of your hard earned dollars. You could spend say 89.00 for a Sig 150 today and in 6-12 months if it shits the bed you are only out a fraction, or if in 6-12 months it is still working great but you are ready for something new you still are in for a minimum.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think I'm going to wait for my tax return and invest in a HexOhm V2. I love the simplistic style of the mod. I also love the lifetime warranty!
If I have enough, I'll get an iStick 50W too for when I need quick portability for errands and day trips and things of that sort.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Personally im saving for Vaporshark rDNA 40 V2. I really, really like the DNA40.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Personally im saving for Vaporshark rDNA 40 V2. I really, really like the DNA40.

Is that new? Are there specs on the VaporShark rDNA 40 V2 yet? ...Or are you talking about the VaporShark DNA 40 (minus the "r") that came out recently? Smaller, with an internal battery? Looks like this:
41a63471d938fb5c7473feb228cb967e.jpg

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is that new? Are there specs on the VaporShark rDNA 40 V2 yet? ...Or are you talking about the VaporShark DNA 40 (minus the "r") that came out recently? Smaller, with an internal battery? Looks like this:
41a63471d938fb5c7473feb228cb967e.jpg
Nope, just the V2. This has a better and, supposably, a more reliable chip in it. Well see about that, but i just like touching, holding and using the Vaporshark.

Gromet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think I'm going to wait for my tax return and invest in a HexOhm V2. I love the simplistic style of the mod. I also love the lifetime warranty!
If I have enough, I'll get an iStick 50W too for when I need quick portability for errands and day trips and things of that sort.

Just asking but, Why spend more money for less device? The Hexohm v2 only fires down to 1.5ohm and has a 110Watt limit? the Sigelei 150 Watt fores down to .1 Ohm and has a 150 Watt Limit. Build Quality of the Sigeilei is FAR nicer as well. When you open the battery compartment of the Hexohm, there are wire exposed etc... The inside of the Sigelei is far cleaner and safer. Also the battery sled hold the batteries nicer.

I have the Red Sigelei 150 Watt and I did a TON of research before buying. I'm telling you, it is an AWESOME device.
Also the Sig 150 can be had for under $100.00.

My Sig does EVERYTHING. my iStick 50w is for portability and as a backup...

FYI, this is the inside of the Hexohm...

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nope, just the V2. This has a better and, supposably, a more reliable chip in it. Well see about that, but i just like touching, holding and using the Vaporshark.
Oooo, a VaporShark rDNA 40 V2! This intrigues me!
I have a VaporShark rDNA 40 (I guess I'll have to call it V1 soon), and I like it okay. It just feels fragile to me, so much so that I'm very cautious when taking it out of the house. It's unfortunate too because it's my only regulated mod.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh alright, you have one already. If only i lived in the States, i would trade you my Sig 150w for in a blink of an eye. My vaping habits are chancing and moving to a more subtle direction, and i really dont go anywhere near 100 watts anymore, more like 20-50w. But the Sig 150 is a great mod, IMO the only real choise if you're looking for a good higher powered device. Maybe the new IPV4 will change that, but at the moment the Sigelei in my books is unrivaled.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just asking but, Why spend more money for less device? The Hexohm v2 only fires down to 1.5ohm and has a 110Watt limit? the Sigelei 150 Watt fores down to .1 Ohm and has a 150 Watt Limit. Build Quality of the Sigeilei is FAR nicer as well. When you open the battery compartment of the Hexohm, there are wire exposed etc... The inside of the Sigelei is far cleaner and safer. Also the battery sled hold the batteries nicer.

I have the Red Sigelei 150 Watt and I did a TON of research before buying. I'm telling you, it is an AWESOME device.
Also the Sig 150 can be had for under $100.00.

My Sig does EVERYTHING. my iStick 50w is for portability and as a backup...

FYI, this is the inside of the Hexohm...

.15Ω and .1Ω is hardly much of a difference for my needs. I rarely build that low anyway. Honestly, I wish I could have both though.
Another concern, which isn't as much of an issue with men as it is with women, is the width of the devices. The HexOhm is significantly slimmer than the Sigelei 150W. I've been cursed with child-size hands, making wider mods difficult to grip securely. :(

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh alright, you have one already. If only i lived in the States, i would trade you my Sig 150w for in a blink of an eye. My vaping habits are chancing and moving to a more subtle direction, and i really dont go anywhere near 100 watts anymore, more like 20-50w. But the Sig 150 is a great mod, IMO the only real choise if you're looking for a good higher powered device. Maybe the new IPV4 will change that, but at the moment the Sigelei in my books is unrivaled.
Aww, MAN. That trade would make me ecstatic! Where do you live?

getek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
.15Ω and .1Ω is hardly much of a difference for my needs. I rarely build that low anyway. Honestly, I wish I could have both though.
Another concern, which isn't as much of an issue with men as it is with women, is the width of the devices. The HexOhm is significantly slimmer than the Sigelei 150W. I've been cursed with child-size hands, making wider mods difficult to grip securely. :(

I can't remember the specs on the Pioneer4You IPV4, but the shape of the mod with the rounded edge would probably fit smaller hands better.... I would think. Not trying to discourage the Sigelei, I have a Sig 100W myself and enjoy it (I got the first version and had to put in a Varitube 510 connector).
You pretty much can't go wrong with the Sigelei.. but the c-frame style of the IPV4 is a little more attractive and probably more comfortable too.
ipv_4_stock_photo_by_pioneer4you_1.jpg

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Finland... :D In other words, far as all hell. Or perkeleen kaukana as we say.
Oh that's cool! My Mom went to Finland for a summer when she was 17. She stayed with a host family and she is still in touch with them to this day! She hopes to go back there one day and take me, so that I can meet her host family and share some good times. I've never been overseas. It's so fascinating to me.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can't remember the specs on the Pioneer4You IPV4, but the shape of the mod with the rounded edge would probably fit smaller hands better.... I would think. Not trying to discourage the Sigelei, I have a Sig 100W myself and enjoy it (I got the first version and had to put in a Varitube 510 connector).
You pretty much can't go wrong with the Sigelei.. but the c-frame style of the IPV4 is a little more attractive and probably more comfortable too.
ipv_4_stock_photo_by_pioneer4you_1.jpg
Thanks for all the ideas! I'm going to try to go to my local vape shop this weekend and see if I can do some comparing. I need to be able to hold the devices in my hand to make a final choice. Darn you child-size hands! :p

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get a Zero clone with a 50 watt chip. Easy to handle and is solid. Can replace battery or charge with usb. Just an idea.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Get a Zero clone with a 50 watt chip. Easy to handle and is solid. Can replace battery or charge with usb. Just an idea.
Thanks for the idea! I'll look it up.
I have a tiny thing against clones though, because I've been disappointed with clone hardware quality one too many times now. I'll will keep an open mind though.
Do you know of any good sites that carry Zero clones?

fiveOclock

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
for RTA like Lemo or Subtank, I wouldn't go below 0.5ohms. Hence, don't think you will "need" high watt box mods. (of course, "wanting" is a different story) ;) VW mods might be better choice. Also, since Subtank is huge, definitely do an aesthetics check to make sure they go together. Many others who own the desired pair might be able to post some pics.

For a recommendation, I don't own this mod but heard many good things about it and would definitely get it if I was in the market for a mod.
http://www.varitube.com/SXmini-Box-Mod--S-Class_p_171.html

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i would second the yihi sx mini ... in s class or the new temp protect m class...
you owe yourself a look...

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It depends on what you are looking for in a vaping experience..

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
also the Tesla 120w box mod looks nice as well, or maybe a ipv 2 (70w nice small and small hand friendly) smy 90w mod. I love my I stick 50w though great for out and about. The ipv4 is like $78 at VapeNW.com but there's a lot to choose from I've recently been shopping around myself. I ordered from Vaperoyalty.com and Josh with customer service was fantastic even let me pay with PayPal and 3 day shipping

VU Sponsors