What Video Game Movie Is The Rock In? The Internet Has Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is going to be in another video game movie… and the internet has some ideas.

According to Johnson, it’s “one of the biggest, most badass games” and that’s already led to a lot of speculation. Hinting towards a relationship with Microsoft and Xbox, fans have been theorizing that this could mean a Gears of War movie – but some of the best ideas are a little more… out there.

The Rock is making a mystery video game movie so until it gets announced I'm going to photoshop the @TheRock into video games every day unless I forget.
Here's 2 for Day 2 featuring @KevinHart4real ! pic.twitter.com/OQLxgq76iN

— Jadarina's Forbidden West (@Jada_Rina) January 26, 2022

IGNs Jada Griffin has been imagining more than a few possibilities. Kevin Hart and The Rock in a Double Dragon movie? Sign us up. After all, the chemistry between the two in the recent Jumanji movies just goes to show that they could handle a video game adaptation together.

But there are plenty of other crazy ideas that could just make a perfect movie.

What game will @TheRock make a film out of this time? We'll go first. pic.twitter.com/G2buaY7bBD

— Twitch (@Twitch) January 26, 2022

Dwayne Johnson as Steve from Minecraft is one hell of an idea… and it’s not exactly implausible, either. Minecraft: The Movie has been in the works since 2014 and with a 2022 release date, we’ve still seen almost nothing from the project. Could The Rock be lending his voice to the usually silent Steve?

There’s another popular game among us that has its sights set on The Rock…

omg the rock confirmed? pic.twitter.com/ECvA9GQpkn

— Among Us (@AmongUsGame) January 25, 2022

The Among Us crew are getting in on the fun, fan-casting The Rock as a crewmate – or should that be imposter?

Elsewhere, The Rock himself has responded to calls for him to suit up as the bats in the classic Atari video game, Pong.

Yeah, @TheRock? https://****/rjtXG8KDCF pic.twitter.com/GGGLzJ4qQh

— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) January 25, 2022

“Holy shit this has me belly laughing,” he said. “Extra player points for bouncing the pong ball off my pecs”.

There’s even been a suggestion that The Rock could star in a film based on Getting Over It with Bennet Foddy – the punishing climbing game that’s a perfect theatrical vehicle for The Rock’s pecs.

https://****/8NdwpLYPel pic.twitter.com/WUHlYS17jB

— Kenny Roy (@KennyRoy) January 26, 2022

Personally, I’d love to see Dwayne Johnson sporting a pith safari helmet and boxing gloves as the Codemasters classic, Dizzy. I mean, come on – he’s got the hair for it.

Hear me out... https://****/iwVA9PKDr6 pic.twitter.com/1QtcsDO3xW

— Ryan Leston (@RyanLeston) January 26, 2022

Whatever it is, The Rock is excited to bring a game he’s “played for years” to the big screen. “I'm really excited to bring it to fans around the world,” he said. “Of course, we're going to do right by our gamer friends--but really we're just going to make a great movie.”

As well as this new video game movie, Johnson is keeping busy. He’s set to star in Black Adam later this year and has even teased that his classic DC villain might even get to fight Superman at some point. He’s also voicing Krypto the Wonder Dog in DC’s upcoming League of Super-Pets movie and is expected to return in Netflix’s Red Notice sequels.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors