Become a Patron!

When the headline and story DO NOT match... seizures could be a side effect of vaping

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
https://www.vox.com/2019/4/3/18292791/vaping-side-effects-seizures

Huge Headline in large thick font:

Nicotine-induced seizures could be a side effect of vaping

Then right there in the article, the part where most of the general public are too stupid to read through:

upload_2019-4-4_17-16-23.png
"Between 2010 and early 2019, there have been 35 reports of seizures after e-cigarette use to the FDA and to poison control centers across the country."

MILLIONS of vapers and 35 reports of seizures in an entire decade?
Does vaping cure epilepsy now or something?

I'd bet there were 35 seizures within a mile radius of my house in the last 10 years.

Then further down in the story at a spot where at least 75% of the general public never reads to:

Michael Eriksen, the former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Office on Smoking and Health, put the potential risks in perspective. “It is 35 cases over 10 years. [That’s] three to five a year with millions of users. So [it’s a] one-in-a-million chance, while one out of two smokers die from smoking.

The unintended consequence of this click bait scare headline game that these online trash sites put out is that some of the not so smart people have large followings who will believe anything they say.

Here is an example:

upload_2019-4-4_17-28-18.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Post some relevant info about this topic in another thread where some chicken little goes OMFG over it and I get censored for posting actual factual info. The good and the bad get confusing when MOD's bring personal feelings into posts.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
https://www.vox.com/2019/4/3/18292791/vaping-side-effects-seizures

Huge Headline in large thick font:

Nicotine-induced seizures could be a side effect of vaping

Then right there in the article, the part where most of the general public are too stupid to read through:

View attachment 135173
"Between 2010 and early 2019, there have been 35 reports of seizures after e-cigarette use to the FDA and to poison control centers across the country."

MILLIONS of vapers and 35 reports of seizures in an entire decade?
Does vaping cure epilepsy now or something?

I'd bet there were 35 seizures within a mile radius of my house in the last 10 years.

Then further down in the story at a spot where at least 75% of the general public never reads to:

Michael Eriksen, the former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Office on Smoking and Health, put the potential risks in perspective. “It is 35 cases over 10 years. [That’s] three to five a year with millions of users. So [it’s a] one-in-a-million chance, while one out of two smokers die from smoking.

The unintended consequence of this click bait scare headline game that these online trash sites put out is that some of the not so smart people have large followings who will believe anything they say.

Here is an example:

View attachment 135174

So Cher is now also a doctor?

VU Sponsors