Become a Patron!

Where can I find this type of coiling rod?

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
B0298C94-BD75-4955-8104-C1044D9BDDFA.png

I always see this type of coiling rod in videos and think to myself, “that would be great for wrapping coils!” The problem is I have no clue where to find them. If anyone knows where I can pick up a set of these please let me know, thanks!

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know if these tools can be bought as a set or individually. I do know that each bottle of coils has one. Really haven't seen them anywhere else but I'm sure they are, somewhere. Fasttech used to be the best source for stuff like this. I find them great for coil mounting, actual wrapping a bit too small for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: STX

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They call it a coiling pole, lol
1691144771115.png

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Id like to find these from a place that ships to US :headbang: Of all the countries they ship to, US isn't one of them. Sent them email to see why not, it wouldn't be like an atty or something, just rods.
1691145292277.png

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Id like to find these from a place that ships to US :headbang: Of all the countries they ship to, US isn't one of them. Sent them email to see why not, it wouldn't be like an atty or something, just rods.
View attachment 207309
Those are nice. If you want them bad enough just use Reship, it's easy and its only money..... 💰 LOL

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know how much Vape Fan luvs a good coupon 🤣
First Reship order has a $10 coupon and that would cut total in half...

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Sent them email to see why not,
They responded already.
"Hi,
We are working to get worldpay set up on our website, our previous gateway closed the USA.
We are literally just waiting for worldpay to complete the onboarding process.
Just a couple of days and we should be live again.
So sorry for any inconvenience."

Worth the wait , I think, if ship is like $10 maybe.

We could do a co-op, and Bob could be the mastermind...

Thanks

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now that’s a hell of a start there Bob. Thanks! I might just have to buy some of those premade coils just for the pole lmao. Vandy Vape makes decent wire so why not. I’ll keep searching though for now, and at least I have a direction to head in.
They are decent coils. Think they only make 2.5 and 3mm. I'm sure I have multiple poles, lol. If you just want my pole, I'll mail you one or two. 😆 🤣

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*reads thread*

Hmm.jpg

Mailing poles even, truly I say our world has become ever more surrealistically inverse than its usual absurd self. Oh well, what do I know anyhow? I cannot even answer the simple questions, "who am I", "where am I from", "why do I exist", "where am I going"?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My first 3mm round wire coils were made on a nail LOL (I was super low budget) I still use it for mounting coils.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A cheap jeweler's screwdriver kit for 2 or 3 bucks works as well.

Reactions: STX
View attachment 207301

I always see this type of coiling rod in videos and think to myself, “that would be great for wrapping coils!” The problem is I have no clue where to find them. If anyone knows where I can pick up a set of these please let me know, thanks!
Before I made myself a coil wrapping jig, I used a bag of assorted pop rivets. I still use them for holding a coil when attaching the wires. You can notch the flange to hold the wire while wrapping.
1692545685714.png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
These are fun...all the sizes in one rod. :)
And no waiting on China...

31aixDIInML._SY445_SX342_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

VU Sponsors