Become a Patron!

Where to buy mech mod copper strips

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello everyone,

Making a fully mechanical box mod and I've hit a snag.

I previously bought the silver strips from BroScience but it looks like they aren't carrying it anymore.

Anyone have a lead on a good place to buy from now?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello everyone,

Making a fully mechanical box mod and I've hit a snag.

I previously bought the silver strips from BroScience but it looks like they aren't carrying it anymore.

Anyone have a lead on a good place to buy from now?

Riogrand or Etsy

Heck you can get copper strips from Amazon also.

Rio Grand is in Albuquerque New Mexico and ship pretty quickly; semi antiquated web site though in design.

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

Unsure of the width you require but have you considered Copper Roofing tile "straps" - I bought a pack for only a few pounds, perfect for mechanical squonk boxes to replace steel parts. They even come with a 510 suitable hole at one end so both parts of a mech mod box can be replaced/upgraded being long enough to make both parts for dual or single battery.
They are not coated & you can get shrink tubing to cover exposed areas.
A hammer and nail (+ a light tap) will add the raised [nipple] section required for a safe battery contact.

If the images display below, this is what they look like.

Found in diy section(s) of ebay & amazon.
Copper Slate Repair Straps | 150mm | Roof Slate Repair ...
Copper Fixing Straps - Rubix Building Services

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Unsure of the width you require but have you considered Copper Roofing tile "straps" - I bought a pack for only a few pounds, perfect for mechanical squonk boxes to replace steel parts. They even come with a 510 suitable hole at one end so both parts of a mech mod box can be replaced/upgraded being long enough to make both parts for dual or single battery.
They are not coated & you can get shrink tubing to cover exposed areas.
A hammer and nail (+ a light tap) will add the raised [nipple] section required for a safe battery contact.

If the images display below, this is what they look like.

Found in diy section(s) of ebay & amazon.
Copper Slate Repair Straps | 150mm | Roof Slate Repair ...
Copper Fixing Straps - Rubix Building Services
That is a great idea thank you!

VU Sponsors