Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Where do members post deals/steals they have found and would like to share? I posted one in the Sales and Promotions forum, which appeared to be the right place but it was deleted and I was advised that I had better read the rules. I have been looking at the rules which are extensive, but am having trouble answering my question so I'll need some help on that please.

Thanks

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Deal
Where do members post deals/steals they have found and would like to share? I posted one in the Sales and Promotions forum, which appeared to be the right place but it was deleted and I was advised that I had better read the rules. I have been looking at the rules which are extensive, but am having trouble answering my question so I'll need some help on that please.

Thanks
Not sure where you posted it, and did it contain a affiliate link?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

Thanks
After researching I found that your post had a affiliate link attached which is not allowed. Hope this answers your question.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Thanks
When your post was deleted... a message was left for you that your post contained an affiliate link and that it was not allowed in the forum. Since your post contained only the link and no other information, the entire thread was removed.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Affiliate link means a VU sponsor? Sorry to be ignert here lol. Some forums have a place where members post deals they have found, I guess VU does not. Certainly not trying to step on any toes...

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
We do allow deals to be post just not any that contain an affiliate link. Here is a link to the definition of an affiliate link and the definition itself

https://www.techopedia.com/definition/1397/affiliate-link

Affiliate Link
Definition - What does Affiliate Link mean?
An affiliate link is a specific URL that contains the affiliate's ID or username. In affiliate programs, advertisers use affiliate links to record the traffic that is sent to the advertiser's website. This action is all part of an affiliate program. Affiliate agreements commonly state that the affiliate is responsible for arranging its own affiliate link and making sure that it connects to the advertiser's website.

Techopedia explains Affiliate Link
Affiliate marketing involves a company that recruits affiliates to sell its products or services online. When affiliates sign up at the provider's website, they are provided with a specific link to that website. When visitors to the affiliate's site click on the advertisements and go to the advertiser's site, the affiliate may receive a commission if that click leads to a sale. The advantage of affiliate links is that they track sales and offer opportunity to those who are interested (affiliates) in selling another party's products.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So Joe might lose a commission if someone buys a product that I put a link to. I guess that is the deal. At any rate the easiest thing to do is just not post any bargains I stumble upon as I don't really care enough about giving a heads up to check affiliate status first. Thanks for the explanation.

jennyyili

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
you can't put ad, or the admin will delete your post.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Affiliate link means a VU sponsor? Sorry to be ignert here lol. Some forums have a place where members post deals they have found, I guess VU does not. Certainly not trying to step on any toes...
FTFY>>>>>ignorant

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So Joe might lose a commission if someone buys a product that I put a link to. I guess that is the deal. At any rate the easiest thing to do is just not post any bargains I stumble upon as I don't really care enough about giving a heads up to check affiliate status first. Thanks for the explanation.

If you care enough to construct a url that gives you credit for the click... then you cared. :rolleyes:

We post direct links to product sale pages all the time.
We can be cheap bastages... one and all. And who doesn't love a deal.
But we don't post affiliate links.

Joe's house... Joe's rules. :D

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
No I didn't construct shit! Now that fucking pisses me off. I copied and pasted the url that was displayed on the item page. Kiss my ass Jim.

Whiskey - I know how to spell ignorant, that was a tongue in cheek disparaging poke at myself for not knowing the rules.

Jesus Christ rat packers, back the fuck off.

My question was answered, at the top, by the moderators. It was done. Go mind your own business.

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No I didn't construct shit! Now that fucking pisses me off. I copied and pasted the url that was displayed on the item page. Kiss my ass Jim.

Whiskey - I know how to spell ignorant, that was a tongue in cheek disparaging poke at myself for not knowing the rules.

Ahem...ok then
Most of the responses to your thread here have been made by admin and staff trying to help you understand what is and is not allowed here on our forum, so I guess you could label us rat packers if you wish to. You certainly are making a great first impression of yourself I'd add. Now I'll just go look for a piece of good ol' swiss cheese.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

My question was answered, at the top, by the moderators. It was done. Go mind your own business.

can I be Dean? I would say Frank, but I don't have blue eyes.

ratpack_wall.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors