Become a Patron!

Which battery

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i am about to order some new batteries and was wondering what everyone thought. I'm either going to get vtc4's or lg hg2's. I usally build around .25-.3 give or take alittle. And vape around 60-70 watts. I use either a sig 150tc or a efusion duo. So should I be on the safer side and get the 30 amp vtc4's or go with the 20 amp hg2's and get more battery life? I kind of want to go with the extra batter life. Let me know what everyone thinks

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As long as you are staying around 100 watts or less on a 2 battery mod the HG2's should be fine.

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea that's what I figured. On 20 amps you shouldnt build lower then .20 right? I figured if I don't go any lower then .25 which is what my normal build is around I should be good. I vape at 70 watts but I have the preheat on the Dna 200 set to 120 for 2 seconds

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just figure that 50 watts per HG2 as safe.
If only 1 HG2 50 watts and occasionally push higher. But if continually pushed higher use VTC4, Samsung 25R or some of the 25-30 amp LG batteries.
If 2 HG2's then 100 watts.

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok didn't know there was a max wattage. Thought the amps shows how lower you can safely build. So what would the max wattage for the vtc4's be?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok didn't know there was a max wattage. Thought the amps shows how lower you can safely build. So what would the max wattage for the vtc4's be?
That is just a loose rule I go by.
If using a regulated mod it works pretty well to be safe.
It can be pushed some with decent batteries but if you push em you shorten their lives.
Actually 65 watts at 3.2 volts which is the lowest you normally run batteries in a regulated or mech device is a bit over 20 amps.
In a mech that would be around a .16 ohm coil.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LG HG2 should be fine.

Btw VTC3 is 30A and so are HB2,4,6 but VTC4 is NOT.
At 30A continues it reaches almost 100C.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I try to stick to the devoted battery resalers like Liionwholesale, illumn, or imrbatteries. While the standard vape companies may have the best of intentions and want to sell authentic batteries, I know say Liionwholesale tests each batch of batteries so they know they're selling the real deal. I doubt these other companies put the batteries they get through the same testing, I imagine if they did we'd know about it.

Wattage is Amps * Voltage, so just theoretically a 20 amp cell is 20a*4.2v = 84w, but we know there will be voltage loss and battery sag so 4.2v is quite unrealistic. I've seen 75w as a standard which would be about the 3.7v I usually assume for battery sag/voltage loss on a fully charged battery. Roberts 50w rule is pretty solid assuming all that and covering for a drained battery.

Yea that's what I figured. On 20 amps you shouldnt build lower then .20 right? I figured if I don't go any lower then .25 which is what my normal build is around I should be good. I vape at 70 watts but I have the preheat on the Dna 200 set to 120 for 2 seconds
On a regulated mod you don't have the same limits as you normally would. Your mod is going to take the input of your batteries and manipulate it with some sort of buck-boost type system to give you the output you need for the settings you're at. Now, a regulated device will cut you off eventually, many out there are set to not do anything less than .1Ω, and a lot of them will cut you off if you hit certain max output criteria. Like say the Cuboid for example has a 25amp output limit so even though it'll fire a .15Ω coil, you'll get at most ~94w out of the device even if you set it to it's max 150w. So simply put, you're not at the same limits that Ohm's Law dictates when you jump to a regulated, but you do still have limits.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Setting a mod amp limit makes a lot of sense actually.
Since most batteries on the market, including the most common ones are 20A and while mods have the ability to measure a lot of things, they have no way of measuring the actual continuous amp rating of the battery(s) used.

VU Sponsors