Become a Patron!

Which Vape should I buy?

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hey all you vapers out there. I am new to the forum and fairly new to vaping. I am looking for suggestions on which new vape I should buy. I started with disposables and currently have a Caliburn G2 that I use salts with. I like it quite a bit but I am looking to upgrade to something with more vapor production, capacity, battery life etc.

I am currently looking at the VV Pulse, DotAIO, SXK BB Clone, Cthuhlu Box Aio, Billet Box if I could ever get my hands on one. Basically I am looking for a box AIO and price isn't much of an issue, and I am open to any and all suggestions. What do you have? What do you like? What do you want? WHAT SHOULD I GET?????????

I also would like to mention that I am an MTL vaper and like a medium tight draw.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome

:wave:

I have a few AIOs- I vape RDL- DL, but the AIOs I use can be used as MTL too-
I bought 2 of the SXK 60 DNA Billet Boxes( Billet Box clone) and 2 of the BP Modz Pioneer Insider for Billet boro RBA tanks that are fully customizable with different size air flow pins.
These boxes are on the bigger, heavier size, not an easy fit in a pocket. Use a single 18650 battery.

I also have the VV Pulse AIO my kit came the Pulse Vessel RBA Boro tank which you can control the air flow on to make a better vape for you. This mod is still on the larger size, but lightweight, takes an 18650,20700, or 21700 battery. Battery life with the 20700 or 21700 is really nice- way better than a single 18650. Drip tip is awful on this AIO.

I have the Dot AIO SE- uses an 18650 battery- I have the Dot RBA, so tiny to build and wick and is MTL, so I bought the BP Modz Pioneer Insider for Dot and much easier to build and wick, again comes with different air flow pins to customize from MTL to DL. This AIO is small, fits easily in the palm of my hand.
Learning what the flashing lights are is a PITA but the newer Dot is regulated and you can adjust the wattage.

The Smok Fetch Pro 80w is very small and lightweight, takes a single 18650 battery. I have the RBA for this ,again super tiny to build and wick, I bought the factory coils for this too. I only vape about 25w on this- at 80w that battery life would be horrible. This is the AIO I take with me, so tiny, the smallest of all my AIOs and the cheapest.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Check out the hardware for sale section here on the forum- you may find what you are looking for there.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Consider some of the following points.
  • External rechargeable batteries & a battery charger
  • RDA's (Rebuilable Dripping Atomizer) or RDTAs (Rebuildable Tank Atomizer)which you use an RBA (ReBuildable Atomizer) option for to rebuild your own coils.
  • Something not made of cheap plastic. No visible internal wires either.
  • Possibly look into mechanical devices if/when you feel ready to get more seriously involved in vaping. Keeping it simple really helps and with mechanical mods troubleshooting gets real simple.
I vape based off these points. Like using mechanical squonk mods & RD(S)As. RD(S)As are RDAs which have what are commonly called "squonk" pins to use with them with squonk mods.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome! What SHOULD you get? I'm not touching that. I mtl a large part of the time. It is hard to beat a good mtl rda on a squonk mod for many reasons, imo. That said, I also love a good mtl rta (kayfun, dwarv, pioneer, xeta, etc). I also love a billet, funnest and coolest to customize of the lot, again imo. If you decide to go any of these routes, and are not against buying/using used gear, hit me up with a pm. Might be able to work something out šŸ‘šŸ», or talk further about what might suit you best.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VV Pulse, DotAIO, SXK BB Clone, Cthuhlu Box Aio, Billet Box
Welcome to VU!
1 or all of those can also be used with a stock MTL coils w/an adapter. Might depend on the tank.

More vapor ie loose MTL will probably mean = lowering nic content. Be ready.

In the face of the one's you listed, this one will probably be cast aside quickly. But here it is anyways.
Vandy Vape Jackaroo Pod. Only con imo is 2000Mah battery. P26A is 2600 and Samsung 30Q is 3000, thats the simplest way to describe that. But low wattage MTL it could last long enough. A plethora of coil options including a .9 and 1.2 MTL. A Loose MTL on the rebuildable pod (sold separately) is achievable.
youtu.be/4AtP5RXEMzM < copy/paste MTL .9 coil @ 7:33
Could be a good one to get your feet wet, practice a few builds, find your resistance sweet spot, see how your nic level is doing, and see what kind of battery life your getting, then make a better/more informed decision on one of the others.
In any event, which ever you get, sounds your G2 is your only back up device and your going to want something better. You could relegate something like Jackaroo to back up position after a higher end one.
And If your normal, you eventually wind up with several devices :luck:

Last edited:
Below are Reasons Why Should Buy a Vape:

Firstly, it is important to consider your needs and preferences when choosing a vape. Think about the type of vape experience you are looking for and the features that are important to you. For example, do you want a device that is compact and portable, or do you prioritize battery life and durability?

Secondly, consider the type of vape juice you prefer. There are many different flavors and nicotine strengths available, so it is important to choose a device that is compatible with the type of juice you want to use.

Thirdly, research the different types of vapes available, such as pod systems, pen-style vapes, or box mods. Each type of vape has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it is important to choose one that best fits your needs and preferences.

Lastly, it is important to choose a reputable brand and retailer. Look for brands that have a strong reputation for quality and safety, and make sure you purchase your vape from a trusted retailer.

Overall, choosing the right vape depends on your personal preferences and needs. Researching the different types of vapes available and considering your individual preferences can help you make an informed decision.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reasons Why Should Buy a Vape:

You do not list reasons to buy a vape. All you do is rehash general advice which has been given in this forum day in, day out for the last five years at least. We even have a catchy slogan what summarizes it all.

"What vapes right and best for you, is what vapes right and best for you."

That might seem patently obvious. We still have folks that come asking us, "tell us what's best". Here's the more obvious truth. There is no best. Vape what you enjoy and poses minimal risk to you.

A reason to buy vaping stuff might be to quit smoking tobacco cigarettes for health concerns. That's a reason not a statement, one should choose what they prefer.

Another reason may be to invest in collectible mods or RDAs. Some folk enjoy that aspect of vaping. Again, a reason not simply advising choosing good vendors.

My point, if you say you're going to present X, present X not F. Doing that causes cognitive dissonance and a good number of folks here struggle daily with that enough.

For example, I myself was born brain-damaged. I often ruminate upon "worst case scenarios" which only exist in my imagination. As a result, I forcibly make myself look toward what is good, the light in life.

When people say one thing and then do another, I often get confused. Honesty and integrity used to be highly valued as virtues. Seeing folks act otherwise well, it messes with me to phrase it best I can.

I don't enjoy being messed with. Face enough confusion upon waking trying to remember which name tag I need to wear. By extension, then, each name tag carries its own persona. I really don't have one to myself, except that of being a "template". I fill a lot of hats without wearing hats.

And no, I'm not admitting to being what I'm not. Everyone is a husband, wife, brother, sister and so on. We all have differing roles for differing aspects of our lives. That's what I mean. Each role brings its own persona, name tag. When someone says they'll give us X then gives F instead, doubt starts creeping in, and doubt is generally never good.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors