Become a Patron!

Who else watches Anime ?

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seeing how I am enjoying a lazy Sunday relaxing watching some on my favorite site I just wanted to see who of my fellow Vapers here watch any Anime.
(Yes I am a 34 yr old father of 3 with a very professional career and I still watch cartoons lmao)
Post your suggestions or your favorites, and no bullshit arguing about SUB VS DUB plz.
really.jpg

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fuck yea ! Heavy Metal is awesome !

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seeing how I am enjoying a lazy Sunday relaxing watching some on my favorite site I just wanted to see who of my fellow Vapers here watch any Anime.
(Yes I am a 34 yr old father of 3 with a very professional career and I still watch cartoons lmao)
Post your suggestions or your favorites, and no bullshit arguing about SUB VS DUB plz.
really.jpg
I've watched probably 5 episodes of kill la kill and still don't know if theres actually a plot . I Just watched norigami season 1 ( waiting for dubbed season 2). It was great, I got a serious bleach vibe from it but I loved bleach so it was great. I have been watching agami la kill too, it surprised me with how good it is.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea there's definitely a plot once it really gets into the story I love kill la kill, I'm a big fan of everything you listed especially bleach.
I really really like high school of the dead if you've not any of it I'd suggest it , I watched the whole first season in one sitting.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea there's definitely a plot once it really gets into the story I love kill la kill, I'm a big fan of everything you listed especially bleach.
I really really like high school of the dead if you've not any of it I'd suggest it , I watched the whole first season in one sitting.
I might have to give it a try, is there anywhere to stream dubs? I could never really get into watching subbed anime.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been watching Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans. So far it's been pretty damn good. I've been a fan of Gundam since I was 15 when I first saw Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team.

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I might have to give it a try, is there anywhere to stream dubs? I could never really get into watching subbed anime.

Absolutely, kissanime.com is an amazing site if you use the advanced search you can get it to show you just the dubbed stuff and they have everything you can think of pretty much and all for free.

A few other good dubs that I just finished recently are:

Seven Deadly Sins which is a Netflix exclusive but is also on Kissanime.
Blood Lad which is a little more on the comical side but really awesome.
Attack on Titan is one of my all time favorites.

And I agree 100% I don't have the patience to watch anything subbed, I wanna watch the show not fucking read it lol

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Been watching Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans. So far it's been pretty damn good. I've been a fan of Gundam since I was 15 when I first saw Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team.

Love the Gundam stuff ! Sadly I have not watched any of the Iron-Blooded Orphans yet but it is on my list.

You know anything about The Guyver ?

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love the Gundam stuff ! Sadly I have not watched any of the Iron-Blooded Orphans yet but it is on my list.

You know anything about The Guyver ?

Haven't checked that one out. I lean more towards Real Robots with my mecha, unless it's a story device and supernatural like the Eva units or the dolems of RahXephon.

Some of my other favorites are Psycho Pass, Besrerk, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Speed Grapher, and Garden of Sinners.

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Guyver is a little more old school, there was actually a live action movie based on the anime from like mid 90's , if you ever get bored check it out exceptionally violent and gory, great stuff.

Psycho Pass and all the Ghost in the Shell stuff is great.

I'm also a big fan of Gurren Lagann in the mecha category.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't checked that one out. I lean more towards Real Robots with my mecha, unless it's a story device and supernatural like the Eva units or the dolems of RahXephon.

Some of my other favorites are Psycho Pass, Besrerk, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Speed Grapher, and Garden of Sinners.
Ive been meaning to watch the whole ghost in the shell saga for a while now, but neon Genesis evangilion is one of my all time favorite anime's, even more so than elfen lied.

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive been meaning to watch the whole ghost in the shell saga for a while now, but neon Genesis evangilion is one of my all time favorite anime's, even more so than elfen lied

I never really got into Elfen Lied, I've watched the first episode a few times and then shut it off , I really need to give it another try.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, new anime thread... cool.

Elfen Lied was not great imo. Not meaning to shit on people's favorite show, but I really don't see the appeal. It started off really crazy and awesome but honestly, in a big picture sense, that show was a mess. I felt like I was being trolled.

See some good stuff in here. Can't tell you how happy it makes me to see Kara no Kyoukai getting some love. Those movies are gorgeously animated.

Shout out's to GITS and all of that 90's-early-2000's cyberpunk stuff. What a great era that was. We also had stuff like Texnolyze, Serial Experiments Lain, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Jin-Roh.

My favorites are Sotoshi Kon works. Perfect Blue is my favorite movie ever. That, or maybe Paprika. I'm generally into that mindfucky stuff... ...stuff like Cat Soup, Mind Game, Tekkonkinkreet, bits of the Monogatari franchise, The Tatami Galaxy, Kyousougiga, etc..

Then there's stuff like Sword of the Stranger and Ruroni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal.

One thing I really need more of in my life is stuff like Mushishi and Kino's Journey. I've also been looking all over the place for something with the world building depth and plot layering of Shin Sekai Yori.

I could probably list hundreds of favorites, but I'll spare you guys that...

I think the last show I finished was Space Dandy, which is awesome if you know your anime. It's packed with references. But even if you don't get them, it's still an awesome show. You can tell they put a lot of love and care into it.

Also, not to go into the dubbed vs subbed debate... ...I think it's all preference, but personally I find that I like the nuance in the delivery of the Japanese voice acting and have been watching subs for so long that I don't even notice that I'm reading anything. It feels normal to me. That's why I like subs.

Last edited:

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh, new anime thread... cool.

Elfen Lied was not great imo. Not meaning to shit on people's favorite show, but I really don't see the appeal. It started off really crazy and awesome but honestly, in a big picture sense, that show was a mess. I felt like I was being trolled.

See some good stuff in here. Can't tell you how happy it makes me to see Kara no Kyoukai getting some love. Those movies are gorgeously animated.

Shout out's to GITS and all of that 90's-early-2000's cyberpunk stuff. What a great era that was. We also had stuff like Texnolyze, Serial Experiments Lain, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Jin-Roh.

My favorites are Sotoshi Kon works. Perfect Blue is my favorite movie ever. That, or maybe Paprika. I'm generally into that mindfucky stuff... ...stuff like Cat Soup, Mind Game, Tekkonkinkreet, bits of the Monogatari franchise, The Tatami Galaxy, Kyousougiga, etc..

Then there's stuff like Sword of the Stranger and Ruroni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal.

One thing I really need more of in my life is stuff like Mushishi and Kino's Journey.

I could probably list hundreds of favorites, but I'll spare you guys that...

I think the last show I finished was Space Dandy, which is awesome if you know your anime. It's packed with references. But even if you don't get them, it's still an awesome show. You can tell they put a lot of love and care into it.

Ahhhhhh cowboy bebop, haven't watched that in forever !

If you are into the mindfucky kinda stuff have you watched any Death Parade ? The first episode is a fucking trip.

And I completely forogot about Space Dandy !!!!! I gotta say toonami got me started on that cuz the trailers had "I turned into a Martian" as the music and that blew me away, if anybody happens to know what that song is lol

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are into the mindfucky kinda stuff have you watched any Death Parade ? The first episode is a fucking trip.
Oh hell yes! I was hyped for that one right from the jump. I knew it was going to be good from the Death Billiards OVA that came out before it and the series that it became did not disappoint.

Bro, there's a lot I wanna know about the music in Space Dandy. It's got a killer soundtrack that I still need to buy. I feel like a lot of it has to be love letters to some really killer Japanese funk that I will never be able to find.

I guess that really has nothing to do with the misfits though, lol.

But speaking of mindfucky shit, anybody catch ME!ME!ME!?

Highly recommend watching it here. Just click the EN flag in the top right. Skip the intro. It will mess you up in 7 minutes or less. The animation is nuts.

Last edited:

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have not , but I'll have to give it a shot.

At the moment I am watching durarara since the latest 2 episodes just got posted to kissanime

And I happen to own the 2nd space dandy soundtrack BOOBIES WONDERLAND !

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have not , but I'll have to give it a shot.

At the moment I am watching durarara since the latest 2 episodes just got posted to kissanime
I still need to catch up on my durrrurrrurr. I remember that being a show that got me back into anime when I fell out of it for a while. I wanted there to be more SO badly. Then, a few years later, they actually pick it back up again and I keep forgetting about it. So much interesting stuff came out between then and now, yanno! I keep telling myself I want to re-watch Baccano instead.

And yet, here I am, watching Owarimonogatari. Sometimes, I don't understand my own watching habits.

Honestly, I've just been largely bored by the offerings of the past few seasons. I've been thinking of stepping into the time capsule and seeing if there aren't still some old gems out there. I haven't had a good scouring sesh in a couple of years now. It's just that sometimes the pursuit of good anime will take you to some very strange pockets of internet that you really have to be prepared for in order to face and get to the good stuff.

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I still need to catch up on my durrrurrrurr. I remember that being a show that got me back into anime when I fell out of it for a while. I wanted there to be more SO badly. Then, a few years later, they actually pick it back up again and I keep forgetting about it. So much interesting stuff came out between then and now, yanno! I keep telling myself I want to re-watch Baccano instead.

And yet, here I am, watching Owarimonogatari. Sometimes, I don't understand my own watching habits.

Honestly, I've just been largely bored by the offerings of the past few seasons. I've been thinking of stepping into the time capsule and seeing if there aren't still some old gems out there. I haven't had a good scouring sesh in a couple of years now. It's just that sometimes the pursuit of good anime will take you to some very strange pockets of internet that you really have to be prepared for in order to face and get to the good stuff.

Yea I am pleased with some of the stuff coming out lately but I am the exact same way, I go back and watch Akira sometimes just for the fuck of it then Hellsing then I switch it up and fall in love with something newer like SOA which I thought was fantastic.

Even stupid shit like Maken-Ki! sparks my interest when I am bored or the Wolverine anime.

Have you ever watched the show Supernatural ? They have even made an anime out of that lol

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I am pleased with some of the stuff coming out lately but I am the exact same way, I go back and watch Akira sometimes just for the fuck of it then Hellsing then I switch it up and fall in love with something newer like SOA which I thought was fantastic.
Haha, we're gonna have to agree to disagree on Sword Art Online, but I just watched Akira last week. I need to go back and watch Hellsing Ultimate again. I remember watching the TV series and thinking "I don't get it. What's the big deal?" Then, I saw the OVA's and was just like "Oh... Jesus! Whu.. haha, WHAT?!" So many shit-losing moments were had at the expense of those films.

Oh damn, that reminds me... ...Black Lagoon. All of it.

Have you ever watched the show Supernatural ? They have even made an anime out of that lol
Seriously? Don't know why, but I need to see that, hah.

Now you've got me thinking of The Animatrix. High-concept bullshit though it may be, it's some really gorgeous, high-concept bullshit.

Honestly, I think I'm gonna sit down and watch some Nisekoi real soon. Why? Again, I don't know. Japan, that's why.

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seriously? Don't know why, but I need to see that, hah.

Now you've got me thinking of The Animatrix. High-concept bullshit though it may be, it's some really gorgeous, high-concept bullshit.

Honestly, I think I'm gonna sit down and watch some Nisekoi real soon. Why? Again, I don't know. Japan, that's why.

Exactly, it's that kinda thing The Animatrix, the Tekken movie, the Resident Evil animated movies, shit you see and are thinking " Oh WTF now this has become an anime? " Then you watch it and are stunned at how good it looks.

The Supernatural stuff actually ain't half bad it is just the same as the regular show just animated.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can never get into anime remakes of other stuff, I've never tried animatrix but the anime of supernatural i really didn't like, and I like the real deal. Ruroni kenshin was amazing, I haven't seen it in years. I'm not a fan of the recent trend of the computer generated animation being added, it makes everything unwatchable even the latest remake of cyborg 009 which was weird but nostalgic

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can never get into anime remakes of other stuff, I've never tried animatrix but the anime of supernatural i really didn't like, and I like the real deal.
Honestly, The Animatrix is really just kind of its own thing done in the spirit of The Matrix. It's just a series of self-encapsulated short stories executed in similar ways, but utilizing the strengths of animation to get the ideas across. It's really it's own thing. It's not a reboot or an adaptation. It's much more abstract and heavily reliant on visual storytelling. If there's any anime version of an already existing franchise I would recommend, it's that. I actually don't care much for The Matrix and I still like the anime.

Ruroni kenshin was amazing, I haven't seen it in years. I'm not a fan of the recent trend of the computer generated animation being added, it makes everything unwatchable even the latest remake of cyborg 009 which was weird but nostalgic
Haha, yep. CGI takes me right out of it, 99% of the time. It just looks so plastic and fake. The figma's actually look better! I think my biggest issue with it is just how it clashes with the rest of the visuals, which I think actually look pretty nice. There are a lot of new mecha shows I can't watch because of that. Like I said in the old anime thread, I can't have it any way other than hand-drawn. I don't care if that means they can only afford two or three scenes per cour of awesome, intricate, hand-drawn mecha action. At least the payoff is actually worth it.

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didn't like the 009 remake either, but to be honest I wish someone would actually remake Guyver cuz I think if the right people got their hands on it it would kick ass, and I thought the Tekken movie was actually really well animated even tho it's all computer generated.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't like the 009 remake either, but to be honest I wish someone would actually remake Guyver cuz I think if the right people got their hands on it it would kick ass, and I thought the Tekken movie was actually really well animated even tho it's all computer generated.
Yeah, but the reason CGI worked with Tekken was because it was ALL CGI. It's sort of like how Advent Children looked really great at the time. If they had tried to mix hand-drawn animation in with that, it would have been awful.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly, The Animatrix is really just kind of its own thing done in the spirit of The Matrix. It's just a series of self-encapsulated short stories executed in similar ways, but utilizing the strengths of animation to get the ideas across. It's really it's own thing. It's not a reboot or an adaptation.

Haha, yep. CGI takes me right out of it, 99% of the time. It just looks so plastic and fake. The figma's actually look better! I think my biggest issue with it is just how it clashes with the rest of the visuals, which I think actually look pretty nice. There are a lot of new mecha shows I can't watch because of that. Like I said in the old anime thread, I can't have it any way other than hand-drawn. I don't care if that means they can only afford two or three scenes per cour of awesome, intricate, hand-drawn mecha action. At least the payoff is actually worth it.
I'd rather watch a single episode of hand drawn action then deal with an entire season of a good concept it cgi.
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet was that way, a really cool take on mechs but the mechs themselves were cgi crap for whatever reason, and it just doesn't flow the same across the screen imo. That being said I'm very picky about animation styles to the point I won't watch something if it doesn't look nice, even if I know it has a great plot.

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, but the reason CGI worked with Tekken was because it was ALL CGI. It's sort of like how Advent Children looked really great at the time. If they had tried to mix hand-drawn animation in with that, it would have been awful.

Good point, tbh I've been wishing someone would make a full fucking cgi Mortal Kombat series they have built the story up so much over the years and the latest game is just out of control and the web series was pretty bad ass for what they had to work with.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd rather watch a single episode of hand drawn action then deal with an entire season of a good concept it cgi.
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet was that way, a really cool take on mechs but the mechs themselves were cgi crap for whatever reason, it just doesn't flow the same across the screen imo. That being said I'm very picky about animation styles to the point I won't watch something if it doesn't look nice, even if I know it has a great plot.

I'm generally the same way. I actually really enjoyed Gargantia, but man... ...there were definitely some moments where I had to really do some mental back flips to get past that CGI.

Oh god, there's a really controversial anime that came out couple of years ago that I think actually did CGI decently, but the plot was shit. I remember Gen Urobutcher being involved. It's killing me that I can't remember it, but maybe there's a reason for that...

...GUILTY CROWN. That's the one. Such a terrible anime, but the CGI was at least not too jarring because everything else looked super-digitized, too.

And guys, lets not forget RWBY. That's a CGI approach I'd really like to see more hashed-out in the future.

One thing I really want to know is... ...CGI cars. What's up with that?!

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm generally the same way. I actually really enjoyed Gargantia, but man... ...there were definitely some moments where I had to really do some mental back flips to get past that CGI.

Oh god, there's a really controversial anime that came out couple of years ago that I think actually did CGI decently, but the plot was shit. I remember Gen Urobutcher being involved. It's killing me that I can't remember it, but maybe there's a reason for that...

...GUILTY CROWN. That's the one. Such a terrible anime, but the CGI was at least not too jarring because everything else looked super-digitized, too.

And guys, lets not forget RWBY. That's a CGI approach I'd really like to see more hashed-out in the future.

One thing I really want to know is... ...CGI cars. What's up with that?!
I've noticed the cars, Im guessing its cheaper to just cgi them thinking that people won't be too offended or not notice. I'm not really in touch with modern anime stuff for the most part though so it could be a popular trend, there's a ton of fan service in most of it that could be cut out without ruining anything. That is unless the entire show I'd based on it. I'm just stick to mechs, violence and mindfucking plots.

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've noticed the cars, Im guessing its cheaper to just cgi them thinking that people won't be too offended or not notice. I'm not really in touch with modern anime stuff for the most part though so it could be a popular trend, there's a ton of fan service in most of it that could be cut out without ruining anything. That is unless the entire show I'd based on it. I'm just stick to mechs, violence and mindfucking plots.

If you like good violence definitely check out high school of the dead lol tho I will say it's chock full of fan service but the way they do it adds a little comedic vibe to it

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you like good violence definitely check out high school of the dead lol tho I will say it's chock full of fan service but the way they do it adds a little comedic vibe to it
Oh, you mean like those bullet-time breast physics? Or the the stuff I'm honestly a little scared to talk about here?

Man, it was really entertaining, though. That's one of the few shows where I can honestly say the fanservice made it better. It was more of a commentary on fan-service than fan-service played straight, kind of like the infamous toothbrush scene in Nisemonogatari.

On fanservice, yeah, I tend to agree that it's usually extraneous. I think that in a lot of cases, that's just the state of the industry in Japan. There's a hardcore otaku market for that stuff that's basically guaranteed to make them their money back. To me, it just screams of a lack of confidence in their ability to adequately portray their ideas to a wider audience, which is a shame, because I can think of a few anime that I can watch with my two-year-old nephew - with their parents' full approval. And then there has been stuff that I've been able to enjoy with my parents.

And then there's all of this stuff that I really cannot defend. It's a shame. It's a really powerful medium that's being laid to waste by companies who know how to operate in only one way.

Last edited:

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh, you mean like those bullet-time breast physics? Or the the stuff I'm honestly a little scared to talk about here?

Man, it was really entertaining, though. That's one of the few shows where I can honestly say the fanservice made it better. It was sort of a commentary on fan-service than fan-service played straight, kind of like the infamous toothbrush scene in Nisemonogatari.

On fanservice, yeah, I tend to agree that it's usually extraneous. I think that in a lot of cases, that's just the state of the industry in Japan. There's a hardcore otaku market for that stuff that's basically guaranteed to make them their money back. To me, it just screams of a lack of confidence in their ability to adequately portray their ideas to a wider audience, which is a shame, because I can think of a few anime that I can watch with my two-year-old nephew - with their parents' full approval. And then there has been stuff that I've been able to enjoy with my parents.

And then there's all of this stuff that I really cannot defend. It's a shame. It's a really powerful medium that's being laid to waste by companies who know how to operate in only one way.

haha the slow mo titty waves when he fires the rifle..... classic.

Really fuckin entertaining tho, I couldn't stop watching from the second I started it.

And the extraneous fan service you mean like high school dxd...... entertaining for a few minutes and then just a steaming pile of horseshit, makes me laugh when I'm stoned but besides that it's completely pointless.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
haha the slow mo titty waves when he fires the rifle..... classic.
Haha, that scene is iconic of the mid-late 2000's landscape at this point. It's like the Haruhi dance, man.

Really fuckin entertaining tho, I couldn't stop watching from the second I started it.
Same same. Tossed all of my chips in at the very beginning with no regrets. I marathoned it on impulse.

And the extraneous fan service you mean like high school dxd...... entertaining for a few minutes and then just a steaming pile of horseshit, makes me laugh when I'm stoned but besides that it's completely pointless.
Precisely. It's just that much more to sift through because aspects of those wish-fulfillment shows now trickle into everything... ...even the otherwise genuinely good stuff.

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Precisely. It's just that much more to sift through because aspects of those wish-fulfillment shows now trickle into everything... ...even the otherwise genuinely good stuff.

Yea , shit like triage x has the potential but its all just a bunch of giant breasted girls running around punching each other in the tits

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LMAO, but when you put it that way... ...doesn't sound so bad!

When I feel like seeing that shit I just watch Freezing lol at least that had chicks titty punching each other and a somewhat decent story revolving around why they were obsessed with beating each other senseless.

And take it from someone who dated a stripper for years and watched her titty punch plenty of other girls it's much more entertaining in person !

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm sorry, I missed your point.

Point being............ sometimes I actually wanna watch a show that doesn't solely revolve around completely unrealistic jugs lol

Key word being.................... sometimes.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I feel like seeing that shit I just watch Freezing lol at least that had chicks titty punching each other and a somewhat decent story revolving around why they were obsessed with beating each other senseless.

And take it from someone who dated a stripper for years and watched her titty punch plenty of other girls it's much more entertaining in person !
Ahh, I think I get it. One need not question the titty punching itself. That is just water running downhill... ...circumstances coalescing to their natural conclusion. Instead, we should ask ourselves why? WHY are these two voluptuous women punching each other in the bresteces? Truly, this must be the one true path of titilightenment.

I am learning things, here.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you whoever said it, for mentioning Black Lagoon.

Also, Elfen Lied. I'm not pissing on anyone's taste, but here's what turned me off to it. The main badass having an alternate personality that meows and wets herself. I'm sorry. The fight scenes were awesome, but not awesome enough to justify sitting through the alternate personality scenes.

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Also, Elfen Lied. I'm not pissing on anyone's taste, but here's what turned me off to it. The main badass having an alternate personality that meows and wets herself. I'm sorry. The fight scenes were awesome, but not awesome enough to justify sitting through the alternate personality scenes.

This guy gets it lol

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Bahahaha, yep. That and so many other things that just went completely unexplained.

Like, how do you include something like that and not justify it? WHY? Just... why, man?

It just felt to me like some middle-school kid tried to cram as many awesome-on-paper ideas as he could into the show, but he didn't really have a plan for any of it. It just completely quit on the character development halfway through and went into the bad kind of WTF territory.

Dammit, now I'm thinking of another forgotten show that was a lot like Elfen Lied and had all of the same problems with characters behaving completely nonsensically, but there was astronomy and shit mixed in. I wanna say it was a fall/winter show... ...maybe the same season as the first run of Chunnibyo. Like, it had to be between 2011 and 2014.

Last edited:

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like that shit as well !
I watch a shit ton of anime but can never talk nerd about em. They have such crazy names im always like the one with the kid thats got the powers...

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I heard there was another season in the works, not sure if its been cancelled by now though. I'd love some closure for it though

Ya if you can do manga you can read the rest.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I watch a shit ton of anime but can never talk nerd about em. They have such crazy names im always like the one with the kid thats got the powers...
Yeah, I run into that same problem, probably because I've just seen too much. I'm just like, "Yeah, it's that one show with that stereotypical character... ...damn, what was it again?" This is every conversation about anime with me. And then there's those types who can just drop decades of references on command... ...I love anime and all, but I don't think I'll ever be able to do that. I can talk extensively about stuff that's really had an impact on me, but at the same time, it's like the more I watch, the harder it gets...

That's why I prefer to talk about things in a more general sense. At least then, people know what I'm talking about, rather than it being just me. I've just seen so much shit that left me thinking "Oh god, what do I do with my life now?!" that it all sort of runs together in my head.

VU Sponsors