Become a Patron!

why do you vape

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
good answer, so its getting you off cancer sticks, giving you sugar, giving you a hobby and giving you new friends and saving you from smelling like an ash tray.
so why cant all these puffers dropping butts all over the floor see that? take care buddy.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
good answer, so its getting you off cancer sticks, giving you sugar, giving you a hobby and giving you new friends and saving you from smelling like an ash tray.
so why cant all these puffers dropping butts all over the floor see that? take care buddy.
Where I live, they would have to drive an hour just to go to a vape shop just to look at the inventory and ask questions. Then, shell out the investment for the gear and juice. It's too convenient for them to get their beer and smokes at the same store locally.

I bought my gear online while I had the chance. The government put a stop to that with the PMTA. The people where I live are also unlikely to join a forum such as this one to learn about vaping. It's like they think it's too liberal for them, they are so closed-minded. You can't teach a brick to read.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Where I live, they would have to drive an hour just to go to a vape shop just to look at the inventory and ask questions. Then, shell out the investment for the gear and juice. It's too convenient for them to get their beer and smokes at the same store locally.

I bought my gear online while I had the chance. The government put a stop to that with the PMTA. The people where I live are also unlikely to join a forum such as this one to learn about vaping. It's like they think it's too liberal for them, they are so closed-minded. You can't teach a brick to read.
lazy people suffer as they cant be bothered. i value my health. my savings, the different tastes i can choose, and also meeting friends like you.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I vape because smoking for 25 years started to damage my lungs. I had chronic coughing when I slept (tried) at night. I switched from Camel Wides to American Spirits. That lasted 2 weeks and started up again. I bought patches, gum and thought it was a joke. I then went to some new shit called Camel Snus. It helped my withdrawal but had 2 pouches in my upper lip. Then I looked up Snus and found out it comes from Sweden. I then found a US site and carried all kinds of Snus. There were all kinds of flavors and nic strengths. I fell in love. I snused for 3 years then Big Government put their hooves all over it. Then like overnight my site closed. I went back to Camel Snus because the nic withdrawals made me feel like a crack-head. It tasted like super sweet dog shit!
My wife told me about vaping. So I looked around. I settled on Totally Wicked. Ordered 36 mg Mad Dog tobacco juice and my wife 36mg Nuport juice. A couple of Tornadoes and Mega Atomizers. I started DIY juice making in 2011 and had a fucking blast meeting very good people in the industry but never worked or started a business. I helped many get rich. But, always back in mind Satan’s helpers will destroy the vaping industry. And here we are today!
I love vaping. It saved my wife and I from getting very sick or possibly dying.
Today my Son lives in Sweden and buys me all kinds of snus. I do both because I know for a fact these 2 are much safer. I’m proof after 13 smoke free with absolutely no cancer. Except for the skin cancer that’s been removed from the extreme uv rays from the Keys.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I vape to avoid commercial tobacco use. Is that saying I use non-commercial tobacco? No. Is it closing that door? Not sure, it depends. It's open as a possibility for now.

Also vape to use nicotine more effectively, efficiently, safely. Nicotine itself does not cause cancer. And yes as the linked article points out there's still some risk/s with vaping.

What you do is educate yourself on those & mitigate them to as near nil as able. It is called a basic risk & reduction process. If you as a consumer cannot manage doing that for yourself, steer clear of vaping, smoking, tobacco, safety razors, nearly any household items.

Yes business make products. They do so to meet a demand though. If there's no demand the products are not made. People like myself that smoked 35+\- years use vaping to reduce our risks, we provide demand, as do others who vape simply to vape even without nicotine.

Is vaping perfect? Is it iron clad safe? No. It never claimed such accolades though. What is claimed is risk/s reduction, harm reduction. Businesses can accept only so much accountability, responsibility. Then, it's up to the consumers.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
yes i agree, nothing you put into your lungs is good, however my doctor says its a lot better than smoking. there are some hospitals in europe that have vaping products in their pharmacy. mind when i say i took to vaping quickly. i do not use nicotine at all. your response is detailed and acurate, but i feel like we have taken a lot of things a bit too far, before long everything will be toxic to some people. i am not picking on them but i wonder how many of these vegans are true? so we should not fly, no cars or ships. no thanks, i am not putting myself in a monestry for anyone. i am not saying vaping is 100% safe, but there can be no doubt at all its better than c ancer sticks. and by the way, i do have cancer plus a lost a heart valve. so after all the courses i did i was reading a lot of litrature.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I vape because smoking for 25 years started to damage my lungs. I had chronic coughing when I slept (tried) at night. I switched from Camel Wides to American Spirits. That lasted 2 weeks and started up again. I bought patches, gum and thought it was a joke. I then went to some new shit called Camel Snus. It helped my withdrawal but had 2 pouches in my upper lip. Then I looked up Snus and found out it comes from Sweden. I then found a US site and carried all kinds of Snus. There were all kinds of flavors and nic strengths. I fell in love. I snused for 3 years then Big Government put their hooves all over it. Then like overnight my site closed. I went back to Camel Snus because the nic withdrawals made me feel like a crack-head. It tasted like super sweet dog shit!
My wife told me about vaping. So I looked around. I settled on Totally Wicked. Ordered 36 mg Mad Dog tobacco juice and my wife 36mg Nuport juice. A couple of Tornadoes and Mega Atomizers. I started DIY juice making in 2011 and had a fucking blast meeting very good people in the industry but never worked or started a business. I helped many get rich. But, always back in mind Satan’s helpers will destroy the vaping industry. And here we are today!
I love vaping. It saved my wife and I from getting very sick or possibly dying.
Today my Son lives in Sweden and buys me all kinds of snus. I do both because I know for a fact these 2 are much safer. I’m proof after 13 smoke free with absolutely no cancer. Except for the skin cancer that’s been removed from the extreme uv rays from the Keys.
good news, take care and well done.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I said it back in my intro. I smoked for 34 years before switching to vaping. Tried quitting a couple times. Patches and gum don't work. A couple months after I switched, my mother gave up her 50 year smoking habit to switch to vaping. When I met my husband, he smoked. He gave up a 33 year smoking habit by switching.

We think of all the money not spent on coffin nails, especially since I mix our juice. We consider the health benefits of not inhaling the crap that is in tobacco, and the additives they add to make it more addictive. Why is there a war on vaping? Less money for Wall Street on tobacco futures, and less money for big pharma for medical issues caused by smoking.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
i heard/read that califonia government by bonds from cigarette manufactures as they always produce good profits however over the past couple of years this has not been so and they lost money for a couple of years big time. i wonder how much influance they had in order to set fda out on a war with vaping. without the revenue vaping has taken from cancer stick companies the government would be a lot of money to the good. it makes you wonder.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Why is there a war on vaping? Less money for Wall Street on tobacco futures, and less money for big pharma for medical issues caused by smoking.

Less money for insurance, lawyers dealing with the medical stuff. We help put malpractice lawyers out work. Smokers need fewer surgeries, complex "procedures". That lessens the risk of a doctor being caught at malpractice. No cases for the lawyer/s to litigate.

More & more I'm starting to believe do away with lawyers & everything would be fine. If they can hone into something for a profit they do. And in plying their trade they become immersed in money, start using it to hold sway. Often, they expand their profits an/or protect them by spreading influence.

Yep, 'marca. Gotta love 'er.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i heard/read that califonia government by bonds from cigarette manufactures as they always produce good profits however over the past couple of years this has not been so and they lost money for a couple of years big time. i wonder how much influance they had in order to set fda out on a war with vaping. without the revenue vaping has taken from cancer stick companies the government would be a lot of money to the good. it makes you wonder.

The global e-cigarettes (vaping) market was valued at about $14.05 billion in 2018 and is expected to grow to $29.39 billion at a CAGR of more than 20% through 2022.

How Vaping Is Disrupting The Tobacco Industry

The short response is vaping is or was starting to pull a lot of revenue away from tobacco. Think it was 2019 I read India who had over 40% of adults vaping instead of smoking, banned vaping categorically. Now, all of India will use cigarettes. *cough* Unless you figure in a lucrative *cough* work around market *cough*.

This all simply provides the blatant truth. It isn't about public health safety for any government. It is factually only about the money.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
it is allways the money, the more they have the more they want, we dont matter.

Yep. Saw a video on youtube regarding the world fairs that were held at the dawning of the Industrial Revolution, from say roughly 1814 to about 1924. A point expressed was that fiat money represents power by the fact we all give our time, effort, energy to get it.

Bit of social engineering, culture jamming, *cough* hacking here for you.

Stop playing their game. I got some marbles, not sure they're mine, some jacks and bouncy balls. Got a complete set of novelty jokes such as whoopie cushions, itchy powder, fake noses, fake fingers and so on. We can all play as we choose. We make our own games, rules.

"Did you just call for a General Strike?"

"Hm, ..." *grin* "Would I do that?"

Apologies moderators if this is deemed political. I'm as apolitical as can be. We don't need politics to know polarity, right and wrong, day and night, Light and Dark, Life and Death. I'm not a radical militant Anarchist. I'm the peaceful type what believes in volunteerism and basic contractual oaths as law.

"My word is my bond, and by my word so I bind myself. Should I dishonor my word please let everyone know. In this manner others know to not contract me. Then, I too know others I do not contract by the same means."

Granted yes there are reasonable exceptions. For example I may say I think I can heft 500lbs still, try and fail. You could plainly see I kept at it, realize I might hurt myself, or others. You can then relieve me of my word without dishonoring my name to others.

You may also castigate someone privately. They could then act in better manner, make better choices. You then see they're improving so do not smear them to others. And yes, I firmly believe that condemnation & disciplining be a private matter. Praise and uplifting ought to be public unless you desire acting anonymously.

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
To quit smoking, to save money (after initial investment) and to enjoy the hobby (both the gear aspect and making DIY juices) The truth is, I have slipped a few times but still continued to vape (most times when I slipped, I didn't even enjoy it... nasty) I don't need to lose weight but it does offer a great way to get the "sweet" fix without actually eating goodies. Also, other people enjoy the smell of my vape (unlike nasty smelly smokes)

VU Sponsors