Become a Patron!

Why does juice build up under the drip tip?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why is there always a drop or two of juice under the drip tip when you remove it?

I think it may be because some of the vapor gets trapped under there and then turns back into liquid, but I wanted to ask to be sure.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great question, looking forward to hearing what folks think on this one :)

Ace_of_Angels

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why is there always a drop or two of juice under the drip tip when you remove it?

I think it may be because some of the vapor gets trapped under there and then turns back into liquid, but I wanted to ask to be sure.

Could be spit back, depends on how you draw on it. Your theory is a good one too :)

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Combination of several reasons:
Spitting from the coil will collect on the underside of an RDA and around the bottom of a drip tip.
Unless you are using a metal tip, you will have condensation since the tip is often much cooler then the coils and vapor.
Unless your using a very wide bore tip, then the vapor is being compressed when going into the thinner tip and will result in some moisture condensing.

On drip tips that use o-rings, the thin gab between the tip and the tank/rda will collect moisture via capillary action.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Spitting from the coil will collect on the underside of an RDA and around the bottom of a drip tip.
Unless you are using a metal tip, you will have condensation since the tip is often much cooler then the coils and vapor.
Unless your using a very wide bore tip, then the vapor is being compressed when going into the thinner tip and will result in some moisture condensing.

On drip tips that use o-rings, the thin gab between the tip and the tank/rda will collect moisture via capillary action.
I should have mentioned I experience this with bottom coil clearos. Egrip and Mini PT3

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

+1

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I should have mentioned I experience this with bottom coil clearos. Egrip and Mini PT3

They somewhat apply to non-rebuildable tanks as well.

Just basing this on my experiences with the Nautilus and Atlantis tanks. On both, the tip was a bit wider then the center shaft of the tank, so the compression theory didn't apply, but the metal tip stayed cooler due to the height of the tank and lower wattages used so condensation could happen. Plus the tip had the o-ring around it so a small gap was always between the tank and the tip for liquid to seep into.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They somewhat apply to non-rebuildable tanks as well.

Just basing this on my experiences with the Nautilus and Atlantis tanks. On both, the tip was a bit wider then the center shaft of the tank, so the compression theory didn't apply, but the metal tip stayed cooler due to the height of the tank and lower wattages used so condensation could happen. Plus the tip had the o-ring around it so a small gap was always between the tank and the tip for liquid to seep into.

With the egrip the hole to put the drip tip into is concave at the bottom, whereas the driptip is flat at the bottom. So theres a gap in the connection for juice to get into. I don't know why they would make it like this other than trying to prevent gurgling.

VU Sponsors