Become a Patron!

Why two subforums?

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It just seems redundant to me.

Well... ...whatever. What's up VU? Vaper of 3 years checking in. I started on a vision spinner and a kanger t3 out of financial necessity. I went from 2 packs a day to zero in a week.

I think the hobby aspect of it made the transition much easier. I like to fiddle and tinker with things, so I took to immersing myself in all of the technical aspects and pouring over the studies being done. It fascinated me from the very beginning.

For about a year and a half, I was rebuilding coils and re-wicking them with cheese cloth on that. I loved how much money I saved and how much healthier I felt.

After that, I bumped up to a DNA30 box and a nautilus, which was a bit of a game-changer. Around the two-year mark, a buddy of mine that I had converted to vaping a year before got an RDA/mech setup. After trying it, I knew it was time to ditch the nautilus.

I bought myself a CLT v2 and fell in love with RDA's. Not long after I started fiddling with that, I found myself underwhelmed by the power limitations of the DNA30, so I picked up a mech and started sub-ohming, which has been my setup and style of choice since then.

These days, I'm using a SMPL clone (A-MOD) and either a Mutation X v3 or a Troll (with which I opt to use a chuff top instead of the AFC top with wide-bore drip tip.)

In the Mutation X, 0.22-0.36 ohms is my ADV sweet spot, usually with 24, 26/32 clapton wire, twisted 26, triple-parallel flattened 28, 24/flattened-28 tiger, or parallel 28; all dual coils wrapped around either a 1/16th or 3/32.

The Troll, I find only really shines with hot, high-powered setups, so I tend to go as low as I can go with a VTC: .16 to .2. The build I usually stick on that is a .16-ohm dual-parallel 24g - 7 wraps on a 3/32. That's more of a special treat for when I just want heaps of hot vapor and great flavor. I also like to rock a .16 dual 22.

Honestly though, I'm kind of a build junkie, so there's really no telling what I'm using on any given day.

Lookin forward to chatting with yall. Vaping is pretty big around here, but I don't meet too many people who can match my level of interest in vaping. I have some friends who vape, but most of them don't delve too far into the hobby side of it, so I'm usually the one doing the teaching instead of the learning in those interactions. Hoping to balance that out here.

Last edited:

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU,
I'm sure you will find what you want here. if not just ask

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU, vape on!

The double sub forums for welcomes still has me confused...

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Glitters-62.gif

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The double sub forums for welcomes still has me confused...
Glad I'm not the only one... ...I feel like two semantics experts must've gotten into it over what to call the subforums behind the scenes. And since all semantics debates end in a tie, the intro sub forum was dissolved into two different, yet similar factions.

And hey, thanks, all!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, I just chose one and posted, then cruised VU. Had so much fun, I can't tear myself away! Belated welcome to you.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I used to love that show.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alas, in my childhood, I did not yet realize that people moving their mouths long after they had spoken was a trope. I just thought it was weird that their mouths were moving when they weren't talking.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alas, in my childhood, I did not yet realize that people moving their mouths long after they had spoken was a trope. I just thought it was weird that their mouths were moving when they weren't talking.
Some of us are clinically insane, You'll get used to it. :cool:

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got beat like a rug learning that skill. Would do it again. Comes in handy negotiating cookie sales with Girl Scouts. :cool:
Man, I need to watch more kung-fu movies. Those girl scouts be tryin' me every time.

Some of us are clinically insane, You'll get used to it.
Bleh, I expected as much. The only people who use forums these days are totally insane.

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never met the man. I admired what he could do. Beating the shit out of several thugs at one appealed to me. Learned how to do it. A gun is the only thing I am scared of. And Old age. :cool:

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was a huge fan of both kill bill's. As that is basically my generation of him. I have seen syndications of kung-fu and the man was awesome at what he did. Overall he was underrated and will go down as one of the great martial arts actors past.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The original Kung Fu series was awesome. TV was good back then.
My older brother from another mother loves it. I'll have to watch some with him... ...right after we watch Pulp Fiction or Fargo. Current TV, I can't speak for. I haven't watched any at home in 2 years. Haven't seen much I like on TV in 6 months. I prefer netflix or even youtube over cable.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love the movie Fargo. Nothing like funny minnesotan accents.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Violence is tyranny. Look what that has brought us all in this day and age....but then again there has been wars that haven't been settled for over 1000 years. We honestly will never learn.

VU Sponsors