Become a Patron!

Wirice Launcher Sub Ohm Tank Review

Wirice Launcher Sub Ohm Tank
Introduction
The Launcher by Wirice is a sub ohm tank which features an innovative Slide-In-Loading system for installing coils. Wirice may be a name you haven't heard before, but they are a sister company of Hellvape, well known for the likes of the Dead Rabbit series of RDAs and RTAs.

So how does the Wirice Launcher perform, and does the Slide-In-Loading system improve the current method of either screw in coils or push fit coils? Let's take a look.

Disclaimer: I was sent the Launcher by Wirice / Hellvape for the purpose of this review.

Photo Album

Videos of Slide-In-Loading in action.

Box Contents
  • Launcher Tank (4ml capacity)
  • 0.15ohm Mesh Coil
  • 0.21ohm Mesh Coil
  • Spare o-rings
  • Replacement Bubble Glass (5ml capacity)
  • User Manual
Specifications
  • 25mm diameter
  • 49.5mm height
  • Slide-In-Loading system for coil installation
Design & Build Quality
The Launcher has a 25mm diameter on the base and is 49.5mm tall.

You can get the Launcher in a total of seven colours: Stainless Steel, Matt Black, Gun Metal, Rainbow, Purple, Gold and Blue.

The Launcher features an 810 drip tip up top. The drip tip is very comfortable to use.

The drip tip is pressed into a chimney piece that is seperate from the top cap. The reason for this is that unscrewing the chimney piece reveals the rest of the chimney, where you drop in your coils and screw the chimney piece back on. This then pushes the coil down on a spring, in turn opening the juice flow ports. Your coil then wicks the juice from the tank.

Replacing a coil is as simply as unscrewing the drip tip / chimney piece, the coil pops up on it's spring which closes the juice flow ports, tip the coil out of the tank, drop in a new one and screw the drip tip / chimney piece back in place.

There's no mess what-so-ever and coils can be changed with a tank full of juice. The Slide-In-Loading is simple, innovative and works flawlessly.

There is a knurling design around the chimney piece which gives grip when unscrewing.

The top cap unscrews to reveal two large kidney shaped juice fill ports. There is an insulated gasket on the underneath of the top cap, which stops the top cap heating up in use and stops juice leaking out of the tank. The fill ports sit flush and are not recessed, but i haven't spilled a drop of liquid while filling the tank over my two week testing period and I use really big nozzles on a 250ml bottle of liquid. There is a knurling design around the top cap, which gives a nice grip when unscrewing.

The straight glass that comes pre-installed holds 4ml of liquid. There is also a bubble glass in the box which increases the tank capacity to 5ml of liquid.

The base ring of the tank incorporates the airflow control ring. There is a knurling design which aids with grip when adjusting the airflow. The AFC turns nice and smoothly and has a nice resistance to it. There are two airflow slots, one on each side, and the airflow ring has hard stops when fully open or closed.

The bottom of the tank has a fixed 510 connection pin, the Launcher and Wirice logos and the usual regulation logos.

The build quality of the Launcher is spot on. It has a nice chunky and solid feel to it and all the machining and threads are nice and smooth.

The design of the tank aesthetically is nice, it has a simple, strong look, which I like. The design of the Slide-In-Loading is really impressive. Changing of coils can be done with ease, even when on the go and with a full tank of liquid. You can literally swap out a coil without any mess whatsoever. Not even a little bit of liquid on your fingers as you don't need to touch the used coil, just tip it into a bin.

I love the Slide-In-Loading system and it is one of those things that seems so obvious now it has been done.

Coils
There are two coils included in the box of the Launcher:
- 0.15ohm mesh coil rated for use between 50-70W
- 0.2ohm mesh coil rated for use between 40-60W

Performance
I installed the 0.15ohm coil first. It is rated for use between 50-70W and I ended up settling on a wattage of 65W. The flavour production is really nice, possibly my favourite flavour on a sub ohm tank at the moment. Cloud production is impressive. With the airflow wide open it gives a very airy vape, too airy for me and I feel it cuts the flavour down too. At halfway open it is perfect for me, giving a slightly more restricted vape and lovely flavour. If you close the airflow right down you can get a quite restricted DTL vape if you wanted, but halfway open is perfect for me. This coil lasted me 9 days and then needed changing. I believe it would have lasted longer but a few times I let the tank go empty by accident, I was enjoying the flavour so much I have literally been chain vaping this tank solid and not paying attention to the amount of liquid in the tank!

I replaced the coil with the 0.2ohm one, which is rated for use between 40-60W. I settled on the max suggested wattage, which is 60W on this coil. Flavour on this coil is very slightly less than the 0.15ohm coil, but only very slightly. It vapes the same airflow and cloud production wise and I'm still vaping on this coil now.

When I changed coils I made sure to fill the tank first as I wanted to see if the juice flow ports closing when the coil is removed actually worked. It does so flawlessly and not a drop of liquid leaks down into the base ring.

I also experienced zero leaking from anywhere else on the tank during my two week testing period.

Verdict
The Wirice Launcher is my favourite sub ohm tank at the moment, simple as that. I love the flavour it produces on both coils, with the 0.15ohm coil very slightly edging it on flavour production for me. I think it's that extra 5W that gives the slight bit of extra flavour.

It has performed flawlessly on all fronts and I have been using it solid for my two week testing period. In all honesty this is now going to be my main daily tank unless something else comes along that can better it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Wirice come out with next based on my experience with Launcher.

Pros
  • The Slide-In-Loading system for coils works flawlessly
  • Great flavour from both coils
  • Zero leaking
  • Excellent build quality
Cons
  • Flavour so good I couldn’t stop chain vaping!

Thank you for reading and thank you to Wirice / Hellvape for sending me the Launcher tank for review.

You can check it out on the official site here

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Wirice Launcher Sub Ohm Tank
Introduction
The Launcher by Wirice is a sub ohm tank which features an innovative Slide-In-Loading system for installing coils. Wirice may be a name you haven't heard before, but they are a sister company of Hellvape, well known for the likes of the Dead Rabbit series of RDAs and RTAs.

So how does the Wirice Launcher perform, and does the Slide-In-Loading system improve the current method of either screw in coils or push fit coils? Let's take a look.

Disclaimer: I was sent the Launcher by Wirice / Hellvape for the purpose of this review.

Photo Album

Videos of Slide-In-Loading in action.

Box Contents
  • Launcher Tank (4ml capacity)
  • 0.15ohm Mesh Coil
  • 0.21ohm Mesh Coil
  • Spare o-rings
  • Replacement Bubble Glass (5ml capacity)
  • User Manual
Specifications
  • 25mm diameter
  • 49.5mm height
  • Slide-In-Loading system for coil installation
Design & Build Quality
The Launcher has a 25mm diameter on the base and is 49.5mm tall.

You can get the Launcher in a total of seven colours: Stainless Steel, Matt Black, Gun Metal, Rainbow, Purple, Gold and Blue.

The Launcher features an 810 drip tip up top. The drip tip is very comfortable to use.

The drip tip is pressed into a chimney piece that is seperate from the top cap. The reason for this is that unscrewing the chimney piece reveals the rest of the chimney, where you drop in your coils and screw the chimney piece back on. This then pushes the coil down on a spring, in turn opening the juice flow ports. Your coil then wicks the juice from the tank.

Replacing a coil is as simply as unscrewing the drip tip / chimney piece, the coil pops up on it's spring which closes the juice flow ports, tip the coil out of the tank, drop in a new one and screw the drip tip / chimney piece back in place.

There's no mess what-so-ever and coils can be changed with a tank full of juice. The Slide-In-Loading is simple, innovative and works flawlessly.

There is a knurling design around the chimney piece which gives grip when unscrewing.

The top cap unscrews to reveal two large kidney shaped juice fill ports. There is an insulated gasket on the underneath of the top cap, which stops the top cap heating up in use and stops juice leaking out of the tank. The fill ports sit flush and are not recessed, but i haven't spilled a drop of liquid while filling the tank over my two week testing period and I use really big nozzles on a 250ml bottle of liquid. There is a knurling design around the top cap, which gives a nice grip when unscrewing.

The straight glass that comes pre-installed holds 4ml of liquid. There is also a bubble glass in the box which increases the tank capacity to 5ml of liquid.

The base ring of the tank incorporates the airflow control ring. There is a knurling design which aids with grip when adjusting the airflow. The AFC turns nice and smoothly and has a nice resistance to it. There are two airflow slots, one on each side, and the airflow ring has hard stops when fully open or closed.

The bottom of the tank has a fixed 510 connection pin, the Launcher and Wirice logos and the usual regulation logos.

The build quality of the Launcher is spot on. It has a nice chunky and solid feel to it and all the machining and threads are nice and smooth.

The design of the tank aesthetically is nice, it has a simple, strong look, which I like. The design of the Slide-In-Loading is really impressive. Changing of coils can be done with ease, even when on the go and with a full tank of liquid. You can literally swap out a coil without any mess whatsoever. Not even a little bit of liquid on your fingers as you don't need to touch the used coil, just tip it into a bin.

I love the Slide-In-Loading system and it is one of those things that seems so obvious now it has been done.

Coils
There are two coils included in the box of the Launcher:
- 0.15ohm mesh coil rated for use between 50-70W
- 0.2ohm mesh coil rated for use between 40-60W

Performance
I installed the 0.15ohm coil first. It is rated for use between 50-70W and I ended up settling on a wattage of 65W. The flavour production is really nice, possibly my favourite flavour on a sub ohm tank at the moment. Cloud production is impressive. With the airflow wide open it gives a very airy vape, too airy for me and I feel it cuts the flavour down too. At halfway open it is perfect for me, giving a slightly more restricted vape and lovely flavour. If you close the airflow right down you can get a quite restricted DTL vape if you wanted, but halfway open is perfect for me. This coil lasted me 9 days and then needed changing. I believe it would have lasted longer but a few times I let the tank go empty by accident, I was enjoying the flavour so much I have literally been chain vaping this tank solid and not paying attention to the amount of liquid in the tank!

I replaced the coil with the 0.2ohm one, which is rated for use between 40-60W. I settled on the max suggested wattage, which is 60W on this coil. Flavour on this coil is very slightly less than the 0.15ohm coil, but only very slightly. It vapes the same airflow and cloud production wise and I'm still vaping on this coil now.

When I changed coils I made sure to fill the tank first as I wanted to see if the juice flow ports closing when the coil is removed actually worked. It does so flawlessly and not a drop of liquid leaks down into the base ring.

I also experienced zero leaking from anywhere else on the tank during my two week testing period.

Verdict
The Wirice Launcher is my favourite sub ohm tank at the moment, simple as that. I love the flavour it produces on both coils, with the 0.15ohm coil very slightly edging it on flavour production for me. I think it's that extra 5W that gives the slight bit of extra flavour.

It has performed flawlessly on all fronts and I have been using it solid for my two week testing period. In all honesty this is now going to be my main daily tank unless something else comes along that can better it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Wirice come out with next based on my experience with Launcher.

Pros
  • The Slide-In-Loading system for coils works flawlessly
  • Great flavour from both coils
  • Zero leaking
  • Excellent build quality
Cons
  • Flavour so good I couldn’t stop chain vaping!

Thank you for reading and thank you to Wirice / Hellvape for sending me the Launcher tank for review.
Now that's different! Thanks for the review and heads up on this one.
Hope you dont mind if I drop a Video here on it. Very interesting. Let me know if its ok to do.
:)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors