Become a Patron!

WISMEC Motiv 2 Pod Starter Kit 500mAh

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Motiv 2 Pod Starter Kit from Wismec. The Motiv 2 Pod Starter Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Angelia from Wismec.

https://store.wismec.com/

https://store.wismec.com/motiv-2.html

Introduction

I think most vapers, me included thought 2018 would be the year for everything squonking as squonk devices and RDA's coming with BF pins gathered momentum in the second half of 2017. While squonking devices have continued to be steadily released 2018 has actually turned out to be the year for pod systems as it seems every week at least one new device enters the market place. The Motiv 2 is the latest such device from Wismec and in very much aimed at the starter vaper who probably doesn't want to spend a lot of money initially to find out if vaping works for them. But is the budget priced Motiv 2 good value, i take a look and give my humble thoughts.

In the Box

Contents:

1x Motiv 2 Battery
2x Motiv 2 Cartridge
1x USB Cable
1x User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Motiv 2 arrived in sample packaging but possibly will be the same as the retail versions (minus the sample sticker of course), the battery comes lying flat and pods are housed in separate compartments. I received the White version, it's also available in Blue, Red, Green and Black, the pods are a translucent Black colour. With pod attached the device is a flattened pill shape with front, back and sides all curved. The front of the pod is curved and shaped to follow the shape of the battery but the back of the pod tapers flat to make it fit comfortable between the lips. The front of the battery has "MOTIVE 2" printed centrally towards the bottom and centrally towards the top we have a small indication light. The back of the battery has "WISMEC" printed centrally at the bottom, moving to one side we have a micro USB port positioned halfway along the battery while the opposite side and base are featureless. The top of the battery where it meets the pod is arched which adds to the aesthetic look, the battery is some sort of metal and seems well made as does the finish seem durable. The Motiv 2 is a pocket friendly device that gets swallowed up by the hand so good for a stealth vape and very ergonomic.

Motiv 2 Specs and Features:

Size: 34.4 x 14.4 x 87.7mm
E-liquid Capacity: 2ml/3ml
Battery Capacity: built-in 500mAh
Max Output Wattage: 10W
Output Mode: 3.5V constant voltage
Ultimate Thin and Portable Size with Smooth Hand Feel
Three Color LEDs Indicator Light
Intuitive Bottom Refillable Cartridge
Operates by inhale
Colours: Blue, Red, Green, White, Black

The Pods

You get 2 pods which is a pro but the Pods are not labelled with what resistance they are or the material used, the manual or website also says nothing. The device is 3.5v constant output and gives out 10w so the resistance of the coils are 1.2ohm but although using an ohms law app made this easy to work out it isn't the point, the information should be given on the pods. Luckily that's the only issue i have with the pods, they hold 3ml of liquid (2ml TPD version) which is great and have a very good fill method. On the base of the pod is a bung but instead of bunging one fill hole as normal it bungs the fill hole and another hole which allows the air to escape while filling so unlike a lot of pods that can be messy to fill no such worries here. The base of the pod also has contacts to make connection with the battery, magnets and the socket for the suction activating rod to enter from the battery. The side of the pod has a non adjustable airflow hole and although the pod is tinted Black i had no problems seeing the juice level.

Using the Motiv 2

The Motiv 2 has no physical buttons as it's a pod system like so many that is activated by your inhale, simply put the mouthpiece between the lips and vape, it couldn't be simpler. Despite it's simple nature the Motive 2 does come with all the safety features you would expect which are, atomizer protection, no load protection, dual circuit protection, over vape protection, short circuit protection and low voltage protection. The device also has a small LED battery indication light which is positioned centrally towards the top of the front of the device. 16% to 100% the LED lights Green, 6% to 15% the LED lights Yellow and when the battery is 5% or less it lights Red. The device would be better if there was another colour for indication between the 16% and 100% but at least it does give you notice when you have to start thinking about charging your battery.

My Experience Using the Motiv 2

The device is constant output as already mentioned and the constant 10W the device gives suits the airflow very well, the Motiv 2 isn't a super tight vape but not as loose as some pod systems of late it's very much between the two. i used 12mg Snake Oil and it gave me a very satisfying hit, it is of course like most pod systems ideal for high nic and nic salts. When i talk about flavour obvious it's relative to other similar devices and with the Motiv 2 i found the flavour was good. The device being 3.5v constant output does make the vape very consistent with no drop off so i much prefer this kind of pod system over a direct output device. It does say in the manual the cut off is 3.3v which is a bit confusing i can only assume due to i notice no drop off that between 3.3v to 3.5v the voltage is boosted to 3.5v but it's possible it's just a misprint. I only used the device over the last week while out and about so the breaks between use makes battery life quite hard to judge but it seems good and 500mAh for a 3.5v constant output device is pretty good. I am still using the first pod which still hasn't lost any flavour after being refilled 3 times (used about 10ml in total) so again no complaints about longevity.

Conclusion

I don't use pod systems by choice and although their are many vapers new and longer term vapers who like them i really look at how suitable they are for a new vaper coming off the cigarettes primarily. Although not super tight i feel the airflow is still tight enough to be a good beginner option and coming with 2 pods is a big plus. Normally i don't mention price but it's worth mentioning this can be picked up for around the £16 mark (just over $20) and i've seen the pods are barely more expensive than a decent stock coil.

Good build quality
No mess fill
Constant output
3ml capacity (standard edition)
Pods refillable
Includes 2 pods
Battery indication
Consistent MTL vape
Can see juice level
Good battery life
Good flavour
pocket friendly
Stealth device
Good price

Dislikes

Resistance or material of coils not given
Would prefer physical fire button (just my preference)
Battery status could be done better (in my opinion)

I would once again like to thank Angelia from Wismec for supplying the Motiv 2 Pod Starter Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://store.wismec.com/motiv-2.html

Last edited:

VU Sponsors