Become a Patron!

Wismec Tinker 2 kit first impressions

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay. Here we go I thought. Another kit that seems to be a rehash of another older kit. Wismec sent me this review. My expectations were not high. I was mistaken. Despite being a remake of the original Tinker this has a lot more to offer.
First off the colors
WISMEC-Reuleaux-Tinker2-200W-TC-MOD_02_a18143.jpg

The Wismec Reuleaux Tinker 2 kit comes in a large rectangular black packaging and it includes the Tinker 2 mod, a dual 0.2 ohm coil head, 2 warning cards, the trough tank with a pre-installed coil and a user manual.
Colors: titanium grey, blue & purple, black and red.
It is inspired by the old Air Jordan sneakers. It keeps the look of the previous version, but this time it is smaller, as the original was a heavy, bigger three-battery box mod. I like the look of this one. I got the titanium which has a grey and green finish with a pseudo crocodile skin back. Nice, and it makes it easier to grip too. Now when I say smaller it is not as bulky but it is a little taller. However the zinc alloy body with two batteries is certainly lighter and it looks classier.We have the classic Wismewc 510 connection, spring loaded. Atomizers up to 28mm fit perfectly (Im put my Helo on to check). A 30mm atomizer will have a slight overhang but honestly is not that bad.

I got the titanium grey as mentioned:
Wismec_Reuleaux_Tinker_2-5.png

Wismec put a new chip in their mod - the Avatar chip. Boy does it fire fast. I had zero perceptible lag time. And the screen is big - 0.96 inch with brilliant color. Easy to read. So you think that is enough? Well the mod is shock, dust and water proof. What? Oh boy. This is coming camping with me. Okay, so let me repeat that - this is the innovation. I dunked the mod in water - it worked. I dropped it - it worked.

Now I could for days about the Trough tank included. I’ve reviewed this tank before. It is a great tank. Its holds a whopping 6.5 ml of e-juice (as long as it is not the TPD compliant version). And it matches the mod nicely.

I love their mesh coils and so should you. They have a slew of coils vaping from 30-90m watts, from single coil to triple coil! And they all work very well producing flavour and clouds. The airflow can be adjusted to s tiny opening to half the base of the atomizer. Those mesh coils though - 30% wood pulp and 70% cotton and really absorbent.

I will not go heavily into the tank. I already recommended this tank before. It has sliding refill top. It has large capacity. Coils have a good life span. There are four coils to choose from - and there is another few coils that fit from a different manufacturer - you will see by looking at the coil.

On to part 2 ...

Last edited:

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The Mod

• Size: 90*53.5*28.5mm
  • Weight(without cells): 200.7g
  • Thread type: 510 spring loaded connector
  • Cell type: 2 * high-rate 18650 cell (discharging current should be above 25A)
  • Output mode: TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR(M1, M2, M3)/VW mode
  • Output wattage: 1-200W
  • Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm for TC modes;
    0.05-3.5ohm for VW mode
  • Maximum charging current: 2A
  • Output voltage range: 0.5-8V
The Tank
  • Diameter: 30mm
  • Height: 50mm
  • Weight: 61.5g
  • E-liquid capacity: 6.5ml/2ml
In the box
  • 1 * REULEAUX TINKER 2
  • 1 * WT02 Dual 0.2ohm Head
  • 1 * WT01 Single 0.35ohm Head
  • 2 * User Manual
  • 2 * Warning Card
  • 1 * TROUGH
  • 1 * QC USB Cable
  • Spare Parts
tinker2_kit_titanium_gray_1.jpg

Okay - this is a solid piece of kit. Great mod and great tank. Durable, flavorful and really nice looking. I would definately recommend it for a dual battery kit.

More info here: http://www.wismec.com

Last edited:

VU Sponsors