Become a Patron!

Woop I got someone else into vaping!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey people, hope your all OK. An old school friends little brother(who I also knew, he is 23 I am 25) approached me to ask about vaping, as he is currently using an Ego style(not a very good one, its the one the local shops sell and they don't really provide enough power, and they are like £15 each!) with a nautilus mini to quit smoking.

I pointed him in the direction I was guided to on here and he bought a sig30, samsung 25R, and some coils for his nautilus mini. I told him never to skimp on batteries and a safe charger is important, althought the Sig 30 has a reliable inbuilt so he could use that for now if he wished to. He is going to for a week or so and then get some more stuff.

I warned him about battery safety and such, like never leave unnattended, away from flammable things ETC.

Just made me feel good, he wanted me to show him how to make coils and juice too, which made me really happy as I know absolutely none of my friends that vape or get technical, he wants too. He is trying to quit the stinkies, he wants to use patches and zero nic juice, he offered to pay me to make him some up but I will just take what it cost me to make.

So, basically got an old friend into vaping, and he wants to get building as well :) I told him to get used to the Sig first, dont go too high wattage with the nautilus mini or you will get a dry, burnt hit, and to have fun. He should have it all by Tuesday, I hope it helps him get off the stinkies.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I did show him the link to the 50 watt but he said mine was more than enough for his needs after seeing mine, and he didn't want to spend too much.

Last edited:

PitVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's great, hope your friend sticks with it long enough to make the transition to vape only. :)

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
great to hear :)

Yeah, battery safety is super important. Never ever put battery in pocket with keys unless you want a flaming hot crotch *laf* Dead shorts, bad. Plastic case for battery, good. ;)

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Congrats. It's always nice to help people get into vaping. I am curious though, why does your friend want to get his nic from a patch, instead of getting it from e-juice?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats. It's always nice to help people get into vaping. I am curious though, why does your friend want to get his nic from a patch, instead of getting it from e-juice?
To be honest, I am not actually sure myself. I did say to him it will probably be better to use a juice with nicotine in, but he said he has loads of patches so wants to just use the vape when the cravings are bad. If that doesn't work, I'l try to get him on some Nic containing juice.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congratulations... you are not a Vapevangelist.
Hahah yeah, I never tell people about vaping unless they ask. If they want to know how it works and such, I show them and thats basically it.

This is my first friend who is starting to vape really, and I hope it helps him get off the stinkies, because vape actually smells nice, not like an ashtray when you have just vaped lol.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Way to go Conan! I've handed down my old vape gear to several family members and now my sister, my niece, my nephew have all stopped smoking and are vaping. Maybe the most valuable gift I've every given them! Congrats to you!!!!

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
my friend loved my dripper. so i told him to order the new lemmo so he dont have to refill and i would build his coils when he needed them i also let him have my mech mod now hes vapin all the time!

misterJ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got 3 coworkers to start vaping, since I am very suggestive haha. I mean, what's not to like? You're quitting cigs, and cigs are expensive, well then again so is vaping.

So when they start asking what kind of vapes they should get, i show them some beginner box mods and they look at me like I'm crazy, 'I'm not paying $50/100 for this?!' And they buy those cheap pen vapes eith plastic clearomizers.
And then a week later they ask me, 'why does this taste so bad?'
'You have to change those clearomizers every few days or weeks depending on use'.
NOW, they're buying box mods and rebuildable tanks and whatnot.

Haha I tell them, 'told you so'.

VU Sponsors