Become a Patron!

Worried about DYING!

johntheawe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So. Today, AFTER I threw my last build in the garbage, I realized I have NO MORE kanthal left. But one thing I do have, which just came in the mail, are some nickel + kanthal claptons I ordered by accident. I don't have a temp control device and I am wondering If I'd be at risk of inhaling deadly shit or melting my atty or something. Please help, I have no where else to go and I'm wayy too far from a vape shop. Lmk if I can vape this because I need my nicotine!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
CinemagraphCollection-5th_14-1.gif

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Maybe you can unwind one of the clapton coils for some single strands of kanthal...knowing what gauges used for the wires are would be helpful in that you dont build too low of an ohm and have an issue in itself...thats about the only way i could see fixing the issue..Perhaps long enough to order some kanthal on line.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can vape nickel coils with a VW mod. I do it all the time. Depending on whether your mod reads the resistance once to calculate the voltage, or adjusts it in real-time during the toke, it may or may not generate less vapor than a kanthal coil, as a nickel coil's resistance increases when it heats up.

johntheawe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can vape nickel coils with a VW mod. I do it all the time. Depending on whether your mod reads the resistance once to calculate the voltage, or adjusts it in real-time during the toke, it may or may not generate less vapor than a kanthal coil, as a nickel coil's resistance increases when it heats up.
I have a sig 100w.

Gina3FVAPE

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If I use nickel coils with a VV/VW, will it over heated and burnout?

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I use nickel coils with a VV/VW, will it over heated and burnout?

Nah. As I said, depending on how your mod regulates the power, it'll heat up exactly like a kanthal coil would, or less. And with a mech, definitely less.

johntheawe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nah. As I said, depending on how your mod regulates the power, it'll heat up exactly like a kanthal coil would, or less. And with a mech, definitely less.
So basically, my sigelei would right? I just don't want to inhale toxic nickel fumes or something.

Count Vapula

Member For 4 Years
I've been using pre-built NiChrome coils (at .5) for a few months on my RTA. No issues at all. Ni200 is super low resistance though, that is mainly what will screw with you

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I try not to worry about this too often, as its one thing that happens to us all. I could pop my clogs tommorow, or when I am over 100. Just don't go making coils out of solder.

addappt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
100% of people that breath air die. Close down that airflow!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw a Dude blow cigarette smoke on some paper once, made it curl up & die. Freaked me out! Said the chemicals are slowly eating my lungs. Bad thing. :mad:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't worry about dying, everyone gets that right. :cool:
Damn right lol. I imagine there could be a secret tribe somewhere who hold the elixer of life though. It's probably a mixture of acid, lead, cigarettes, and alcohol that allow them to live lifespans of 1000+ years :p

VU Sponsors