Become a Patron!

Wotofo NexM Pro Tank & RBA Deck Review

Wotofo NexM Pro Tank & RBA Deck​

Introduction​

The NexM Pro is the successor to the OFRF nexMesh tank, who was acquired by Wotofo. I never tried the original, but heard good things about it. The NexM Pro certainly looks similar to the original and still offers the conical mesh coils which OFRF introduced with the original nexMesh, along with some new types of coils available.

Let’s take a look at the NexM Pro sub ohm tank.

Box Contents​

• 1 x nexMESH Pro Tank
  • 1 x H12 0.20ohm Clapton Mesh Coil
  • 1 x H15 0.15ohm Single Mesh & Parallel Coil
  • 1 x Bubble Glass Tube (6ml Max Capacity)
  • 1 x Pack of Replacement O Rings
  • 1 x User Manual

Specifications​

• Diameter: 24mm
  • Height: 42.85mm (without drip tip & 510 pin)
  • Weight: 73g
  • 6ml Max Capacity
  • 810 Delrin Drip Tip
  • Top-Filled
  • Triple Slot, Adjustable Bottom Airflow
  • Multiple Coil Options Available

Photo Album

Disclaimer: The nexM Pro Tank was sent to me for review by Wotofo.

Design & Build Quality​

The NexM Pro has 24mm diameter at the base and stands at 42.85mm tall excluding the drip tip.

I received the tank in blue and it is also available in stainless steel, gold, rainbow, black and gunmetal.

On the top is an 810 delrin drip tip. The top cap is a slide to open style and there is a small black dot on the top of the cap which indicates where to push. It has a good resistance to it when sliding and I have not had any issues with it opening up in my pocket.

The single fill port has a silicone guard covering it and a slit to allow you poke a liquid nozzle through to fill. There is an air release hole which is visible through the drip tip when the top cap has been slid open, allowing air pressure to escape when filling.

The NexM Pro comes with the straight tank pre-installed, which is made from PCTG. You also get a bubble tank in the box which is made from glass. Depending on which coil you have installed the maximum capacity for the straight tank is 4.5ml of liquid and the maximum capacity of the bubble tank is 6ml. Some of the available coils are bigger in size which cuts down the capacity available for liquid by 1ml.

Inside the tank you can see the chimney forms into a cage which surrounds the coil when it is installed. On the cage is a small Wotofo logo and a NexM Pro logo.

The airflow control ring below the tank has three cyclops style slits. The AFC has hard stops when fully open and fully closed and despite there being no knurling on the AFC, it is still easy enough to adjust. It’s not too loose though, it does have a nice resistance to it.

On the base of the NexM Pro is a gold plated, fixed 510 pin.

Overall, the build quality of the NexM Pro sub ohm tank is great. The tank feels sturdy, the sliding top cap has a nice tolerance to it, the AFC ring also has a nice tolerance. Looks wise, it’s a nice looking tank. I like the way the cage on the inside looks and how it is the same colour as the outside of the tank.

Coils​

The coils for the NexM Pro are push fit, making it easy to swap coils when needed.

Coils from the original NexMesh tank are not compatible with the NexM Pro tank.

You get two coils included in the box:
  • 1 x H12 0.20ohm Clapton Mesh Coil
  • 1 x H15 0.15ohm Single Mesh & Parallel Coil

The H12 coil is a clapton mesh coil, similar to what we have seen on the Augvape Intake sub ohm tank. It has a 0.2ohm resistance and is rated for use between 55-75W.

The H15 coil is a dual coil, but both cores are different. One is a single mesh core and the other is a parallel wire coil core. It has a 0.15ohm resistance and is rated for use between 65-80W.

There are two other coils available, which Wotofo also sent to me to try out:
  • H11 0.20ohm Single Conical nexM Coil (Rated for 60-70W)
  • H13 0.15ohm Single Conical Net M Coil (Rated for 65-78W)
These two coils are the same style that the original nexMesh tank was known for. The mesh in these coils is cone shaped, with the mesh being wider on the bottom than at the top. The idea is that the cone shape concentrates the vapour and flavour as it enters the chimney section.

RBA Deck​

Wotofo also sent me the RBA deck to try out. I initially thought the RBA deck was going to be a coil type where you build on the coil and insert it like a regular coil, but it’s actually a whole new base with its own deck and screw on chimney chamber. Guess the clue was in the name.

It is a single coil, two post deck and comes with a pre-built framed staple clapton, some cotton, an allen key and a bag of spares.

The base of the deck has airflow holes, twenty in total, so the air is coming directly from underneath the coil.

Building on the RBA deck is straight forward. The chamber unscrews off the deck first. Unscrew the grub screws on the two posts, insert your coil legs, then tighten down. Position your coil how you want it and snip off any excess off the coil legs. You do need to make sure you snip them as close as possible to the posts as the chamber needs to be screwed on and not touching any protruding wire from the posts, to prevent a short.

Dry fire your coil and work out any hot spots, then insert your cotton through the coil. Cut your cotton tails to length, thin and comb if necessary, and position your cotton into the wicking ports. Personally, I tend to favour having my wick resting on the wicking ports and not stuffing it into them, I just find this works better for me.

Performance​

I tried the H12 clapton coil first and at the maximum recommended wattage of 75W the flavour is really good. Vapour production is great and it is a nice warm vape.

Next I tried the H15 single mesh and parallel coil. After the H12 clapton coil I felt this coil was a disappointment. The flavour seemed muted, even at 80W. The vapour production was insane, but I prefer flavour over clouds any day and this coil didn’t do it for me.

The H11 Single Conical nexM coil thankfully brought the NexM Pro back in the game. The flavour here is really good, I was using at 70W and nothing to complain about at all.

The H13 Single Conical Net M coil has a very fine mesh. I found the flavour to be even better on this coil and it was a warmer vape too, at the maximum recommended 78W.

The RBA deck, which I tried with the included framed staple clapton, provided a good flavour, but I struggled to get anything close to matching the H12, H11 or H13 coils. I do want to persevere with it, as it may need the coil placement to be just right.

On all the coils, including the RBA deck, the airflow is insanely airy when wide open. I had to close it down ¾ of the way to get it where I like to vape.

Also worth mentioning is that the coils drink liquid. Similar to the Freemax M Pro 2, these big types of coils wick so efficiently that dry hits are non existent, but with great flavour comes great liquid consumption.

I didn’t experience any leaking when using any of the coils. The RBA base would leak if it was wicking incorrectly with it being bottom airflow.

Verdict​

I can’t compare the NexM Pro to the original mexMesh tank, but I can say the NexM Pro is probably my favourite sub ohm tank for flavour. I love the Intake sub ohm tank and the Freemax M Pro 2, but the NexM Pro just about beats them for flavour. The H15 single mesh and parallel coil was disappointing for me, but the other three coils are great. I think the two conical mesh coils are the best performers, so I can’t see why those two weren’t the coils that were included with the tank.

The RBA deck is good, but I want to experiment with coil placement more. I’m sure I can get better flavour from it than I managed, especially due to the small chamber that screws onto the deck.

It’s nice that the RBA deck basically converts the NexM Pro into an RTA, I’m glad they did that with the deck instead of just offering a rebuildable coil.

I do have one issue with the NexM Pro and that is the fill port. The silicone guard that covers the fill port makes it impossible to fill the tank with larger nozzles. At first I had to resort to using a blunt syringe that I use for DIY liquids. I did discover in the end that you can lift up the whole gasket if you pop something into the fill port and pull it up. This allowed me to fill up with a chunkier nozzle, but it wasn’t ideal.

Overall, the NexM Pro is my number one sub ohm tank for flavour. However, I usually use rebuildables, so I hope I can get better flavour out of the RBA deck with a little experimentation with coil placement.

Pros​

• Really great flavour from the two conical mesh coils and the clapton coil
  • No leaks at all
  • Nice looking tank
  • Good build quality
  • RBA deck converts tank into a fully blown single coil RTA

Cons​

• Coils drink liquid
  • Fill port can only fit thin nozzles
  • H15 single mesh and parallel coil not as good as other three coils

Thank you for reading and thank you to Wotofo for sending this tank to me for review.

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thanks for the review! Very helpful to me

VU Sponsors