Become a Patron!

Wotofo Profile M RTA

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

The Profile M RTA is the fifth iteration of the Profile range released by Wotofo in the last couple of years, this time we get a compact 24.5mm RTA with top airflow.
DSC_0033.jpg
What do you get?

Profile M RTA fitted with a 3.1ml glass tank, 4ml PCTG bubble tank, extra 810 drip-tip, 3 x 6mm cotton strips, mesh bending rod, Clapton Mesh A1+Ni80 0.15ohm, Classic Wotofo Mesh A1 0.18ohm, nexMESH A1 0.13ohm, spares and usage guide.
DSC_0072.JPG
First Impressions

After the Profile Unity and Profile RDTA, this is tiny. Not quite as short as the Gear RTA, but shorter than the Druga RTA.
DSC_0100.jpg
I personally love the design, enough subtle detail to be interesting, but nothing too extravagant. Mine is silver, but it comes with six color choices.

The deck is something you're going to be very familiar with if you've owned any of the previous Profile Atomizers, the airflow however isn't – slanted top airflow that hits a total of 38 holes on the chamber.

The top-cap is slide to open, with a silicon rubber membrane to prevent leaking.

Building

Putting the mesh strip into the deck is exactly the same as any other Profile, just bend the mesh around the rod, open the clamps, put in the mesh, tighten it up, and shape it (if required) with the thin end of the rod.

Wicking is where you succeed or dramatically fail with mesh atomizers, so it's really worth paying attention to getting this right. What I find helps me a lot is to fluff the cotton every single time I cut it, because there's a lot of it and the last thing you want with mesh is a dry hit.

It does need a good trim, what I'd advise is to trim very gradually before and after you juice the cotton, you need a good amount of cotton in there, but you have to be able to get the chamber screwed on and you shouldn't block any of the airflow holes.

It sounds like a lot of work, but it's much easier to wick than a lot of regular RTAs that I've used – my first build vaped perfectly, without any dry hits.

DSC_0107.jpg
Airflow

I was a little skeptical of the top airflow design when I first saw it, but in all fairness it does work well, the design seems to hit the mesh from more angles than on any previous Profile and isn't impacting negatively on flavor.
DSC_0055.JPG
How does it vape?

This is the most enjoyable version of the Profile that I've tried so far. I'm confident that part of that is down to personal preference, but I'm enjoying this far more than any previous mesh rebuildable.

The flavor is similar to other Profile atomizers, you get a lot of flavor, you get a decent amount of vapor but it isn't the last word in picking out every single subtle flavor of your juice – vape MTL or restricted DTL at under 25w if you want to taste truly accurate flavor.

Where it seems to offer improvements, is that the vapor is more saturated, not the normal cold aerosol type of vapor that I've had from mesh atomizers in the past.

I enjoyed all of three mesh types that came with it, the Clapton mesh was just about my favorite, followed closely by the Classic mesh and the nexMesh A1 my least favorite, this was mainly due to the wattage that they performed best at – I'm very much a low wattage vaper and will do anything to drop the power while retaining decent flavor.

Dry hits? Leaks? Nope, so far it's performing flawlessly.

Issues

There are however a few minor issues that I encountered with the Profile M RTA.

The silicon rubber gasket sealing the fill port is loose on mine, it's held in place nicely when the top cap is closed, but it gets loose when I remove the tip of the juice bottle.

The drip-tips looks as if they were chosen for aesthetic reasons, rather than function. Maybe some people love super low-profile tips, but I don't. The spare is a little taller, but still too low-profile for me. This is a shame, because Wotofo usually provide excellent drip-tips, almost every atomizer I use (especially those with 810 drip-tips) end up with a Wotofo drip-tip in them.

This sounds weird, but it's hard to see the true juice level – the base of the deck holds so much juice that even when it looks almost empty, you still have about half a tank left.

It drinks juice. I've just gone through two full tanks in the space of an hour. Where I live, juice is really cheap, for those who are paying a lot for juice this could be an issue.

Pros

• Best quality vape that I've had from a Profile atomizer.
  • Get the wicking right and it chain vapes all day long.
  • Attractively designed, compact RTA.
  • Leak free.
Cons

• Drinks juice.
  • Requires a little care and attention with the wicking.
  • Silicon rubber fill membrane is a little loose.
  • You may need to use a different drip-tip.

Conclusion

Previous Profile reviews have usually ended with me saying something like "this is good if you like mesh, but I don't" - for this RTA no buts are required, *this is good" is a fair conclusion to come to.

This is the first mesh rebuildable atomizer that's going to stay in my daily rotation – it's not so amazing that it's going to retire my favorites – but it's certainly good enough to live on a mod and get used on a regular basis.

Disclaimer

The Profile M RTA was sent to me by Wotofo for the purposes of this review.

The atomizer I received was not marked as a sample, so this should be exactly what customers receive.

VU Sponsors