Become a Patron!

Wotofo Profile RDTA Problem

cmccarthy7128

Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
I ordered the above tank from a Chinese vendor. It came missing the white ceramic thing that is spring loaded in the middle of the deck. Is it usable like this? Can I buy that part?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
is this the part that is gone?

1604294243138.png

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It seems to be usable with mesh only without the part.

From Wofoto's site.

How Are Replacement Parts Shipped?

1. All replacement shipments and warranty shipments are shipped from China
2.All replacement shipments and warranty shipments are shipped using E-post as a default
Have more questions or concerns? Please contract us
3.Please kindly know that the delivery of E-POST will take about 45-60 days. If you want a faster shipping, you need to pay for the extra shipping fee of DHL/Fedex.

Where you can contact them. Do not know if they'll sell the part on it's own. Figure contacting them would be the way to find out.

Find a lot of vaping gear manufactures do not offer the best customer services. Wofoto being as respectable as they seem to be in the industry might be the exception. Not ever dealt with them to know.

I usually buy a lot of *ahem* more frugally priced gear. A lot of the stuff I get is styled versions or clones. Not that I don't have some authentic gear, I do. More inclined though to buy from Fast Tech who clearly sells lower cost gear.

Fast Tech by the way has excellent customer service as far as I'm aware. Note though they are not manufactures themselves. They can and will offer replacements. Usually you need to post a picture of the faulty gear if it arrived faulty. Don't cheat them, they will know.

Many folks here buy from Fast Tech. We are secretly hired as Chinese agents of customer services and fraud detection spies. *chuckles* :)

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I ordered the above tank from a Chinese vendor. It came missing the white ceramic thing that is spring loaded in the middle of the deck. Is it usable like this? Can I buy that part?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

Chances are, if you contact your seller's customer service and can provide a picture of the deck that has no ceramic insert, they would probably make that right and either ship you another RDTA or refund your money. If not, and you paid with PayPal, you may be able to file a claim that the merchandise was damaged or not as represented.

I really don't know if you can use it without the insert or not. Good luck.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
What Chinese vendor?
I too would open a ticket with the seller. Take pics of any stickers than have numbers on any of the packing material, - plastic. boxes...etc and I would take a group shot of all the packing materials and atty parts - having a clear shot of deck. Upload the pics when opening the ticket.

The manuf won't do anything within probably the first 30 days since that's the usual warranty provided by the vendor first.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Now that I think about it more, I can't imagine that you could use it without the insert. That thing is on a spring, and it's what holds your cotton right up next to the mesh. If cotton doesn't contact mesh, dry hits from Hades, scorching, crud build-up on the mesh, you name it.

Does someone know different? I'm just running the scenario in my head.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I have Damn Vape Doom that doesn't have a spring loaded bottom but it's smooth so I can pull the wick though. I've seen a reviewer wick mesh by clamping one side / insert cotton/ push down and clamp other side.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
People use it with mesh, People use it without Mesh.
It seems the ceramic thing isn't necessary for either Mesh or regular coils.

VU Sponsors