Become a Patron!

Wotofo Profile X issue- When clamping mesh coil down, the spring loaded white rectangle seizes up

blades_of_honor

Member For 4 Years
The cotton tensioner thing, not sure what its called lol. Odd issue. If I secure the mesh, it locks up if I press it any. If I back the screws out slightly, it springs back fine like it should. But the mesh is to loose then & comes out. Anyone got any ideas what I can do? Kept thinking I was just shit at wicking mesh lol. But the tensioner thing locking up seems to be the issue. It really sucks, like the vape but its not going to wick right until I fix this

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Might try replacing the stock spring with one about the same size cut from a ball point pen. A stiffer spring will press the wick up to the mesh harder, obviously. You should find that you don't have to use quite as much cotton and it wicks better.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did it ever work right? Or is it new and is doing this out of the box?

blades_of_honor

Member For 4 Years
Did it ever work right? Or is it new and is doing this out of the box?
Out of the box. I haven't got around to messing with it again. I probably tightened the screws to good first try, ruining the deck threading. Not sure the technical name would be but its when thin metal expands under tension from force of a screw going slightly past the beginning & end of mount/thread area. I backed a screw out to far & had to get the clamp back on. Didn't fell that much denser than a coke can.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm. I have the Wotofo M, and it's pretty easy really. Don't man-handle it for one... ;)
It's not real mesh, just thin metal strips punched with holes.

Obviously, install the mesh bit first..just attach one end and tighten the clamp, then gently bend it over and into the other clamp and tighten that one...it's an arch. Just a giant Notch coil really.
Don't crank it down...it ain't a 22ga coil.

Then, affix the cotton...it takes a LOT. I narrow the ends to fit into the channels, adjusting with a small flat screwdriver.

Here's some pics from my build of it two years ago. Still in there.

P1040857.JPGP1040905_edit.JPGP1040901_edit.JPG

I found that pushing in and up carefully from the side on the wick can help seat it. Once initially threaded in, a damp wick is easier to shape too, IMO.

P1040902_edit.JPG

Here a review and build hints towards the end: https://versedvaper.com/wotofo-profile-x-rta-review/

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
PS: this video shows him using a rod they include to help bend the strip...I don't think I used one for the M.
Kinda janky vid, but it does show how.

VU Sponsors