Become a Patron!

Would love some help on a long time favorite!

Hey Vape community! I just came across this site and have spent the past few hours looking at all the amazing DIY recipes everyone has come up with! I just recently started mixing my own juices and would love if anyone had any suggestions on two flavors that I have been trying hard to clone.
The first is called Frisco by Blue Label Elixir. Every recipe I have found calls for 8%Raspberry 7%Strawberry 3%Mango and 3%Pineapple but the original has a very distinct pineapple / candy aroma. Vaping Frisco in my opinion is strong on the pineapple and mango with strawberry exhale but not so much the raspberry which might be throwing it off. I have tried so many variations and cannot seem to get it down.

The other flavor is Musketeer by Blue Collar which is a sweet cotton candy with Blue raspberry candy. This one is difficult for me to describe so maybe just a request for any good blue raspberry cotton candy recipes :) Thanks again! Looking forward to hopefully contributing in the future when I get this down!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a bunch of projects going right now, but I can add these to it! They both sound great. Thank you for the description of the first one….makes it easier to nail it down.

That would be awesome @wildgypsy70! Thank you for the help!
I am waiting on a shipment of some various flavors that may change up the Frisco clone so I will keep the forum updated on how it goes!
I am also dealing with some flavor mute at the moment with the ratio I first listed so I may try and dial it back a tad.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That would be awesome @wildgypsy70! Thank you for the help!
I am waiting on a shipment of some various flavors that may change up the Frisco clone so I will keep the forum updated on how it goes!
I am also dealing with some flavor mute at the moment with the ratio I first listed so I may try and dial it back a tad.
Yeah, those percentages seem a little high, but it also depends on what flavoring company you’re using, what kind of tank/rda/etc you’re using. I’ve never had the juices you’re talking about so I’m going in blind, but I’m sure something can be whipped up!

Yeah, those percentages seem a little high, but it also depends on what flavoring company you’re using, what kind of tank/rda/etc you’re using. I’ve never had the juices you’re talking about so I’m going in blind, but I’m sure something can be whipped up!
Ya I started to read up on the various companies and strength of the flavors. I currently am vaping out of the Horizon Falcon King Mesh Sub-Ohm tank, The coils seem to be doing pretty well with handling the mix so far!

I also have been messing around with some sweeteners but have seen and read a good amount about the pros and cons of using them. I am sure that Blue Label Elixir uses something to sweeten it up but not too sure how.

I am also going to give this recipe a shot that someone claims is almost better than the real Frisco:

Dragonfruit (TPA ) .5%
Pineapple (INAWERA) 3%
Raspberry (CAP) 7%
Super Sour (WL) .10%
Sweet Mango (CAP) 3%
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 8%
Sweetener 2%

the percentages seem a little high so I may trial and error on this one.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ya I started to read up on the various companies and strength of the flavors. I currently am vaping out of the Horizon Falcon King Mesh Sub-Ohm tank, The coils seem to be doing pretty well with handling the mix so far!

I also have been messing around with some sweeteners but have seen and read a good amount about the pros and cons of using them. I am sure that Blue Label Elixir uses something to sweeten it up but not too sure how.

I am also going to give this recipe a shot that someone claims is almost better than the real Frisco:

Dragonfruit (TPA ) .5%
Pineapple (INAWERA) 3%
Raspberry (CAP) 7%
Super Sour (WL) .10%
Sweet Mango (CAP) 3%
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 8%
Sweetener 2%

the percentages seem a little high so I may trial and error on this one.

Just a gut hunch here, have never tried a mix like this because my taste for fruit flavors is very limited, but with having both raspberry and strawberry in that recipe, I'd knock the strawberry down to 4% and the raspberry down to 3%. You can always add more, but you can't take it away.

Even better, take the raspberry to 3% and use two different strawberries at 2 to 2.5% each. Cap Sweet and FA Red Touch, for example.

Just my two cents. Good luck!

Just a gut hunch here, have never tried a mix like this because my taste for fruit flavors is very limited, but with having both raspberry and strawberry in that recipe, I'd knock the strawberry down to 4% and the raspberry down to 3%. You can always add more, but you can't take it away.

Even better, take the raspberry to 3% and use two different strawberries at 2 to 2.5% each. Cap Sweet and FA Red Touch, for example.

Just my two cents. Good luck!
Love this idea!! I think that would bring out the pineapple more which is personally my favorite aroma in this mix !
I also just took another smell from the Frisco and am noticing that it has a super strong candy smell? Could that be a sweetener or is that not a smell that people pick up🧐

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Love this idea!! I think that would bring out the pineapple more which is personally my favorite aroma in this mix !
I also just took another smell from the Frisco and am noticing that it has a super strong candy smell? Could that be a sweetener or is that not a smell that people pick up🧐

I would imagine that artificial fruit flavors smell different than more realistic fruit flavors. Cap Strawberry Taffy might work well as one of your strawberries, if the juice smells candy-ish. I'm a big fan of Cap Strawberry Taffy.

Not sure that I've noticed a candy smell, but I probably wouldn't, because I'm not a big fan of fruit flavors except for candy-types, with the possible exception of citruses.

That smell also may come from the use of marshmallow as a sweetener instead of something like Cap Super Sweet. If you have FA or Wonder Flavors Marshmallow, you could try it in this recipe starting at 0.5% and work up from there. If you have Flavor West Marshmallow, you'll need at least 1%, Flavorah probably no more than 0.25% to start. Those are the only marshmallows I've tried.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @Brendo and I hope you enjoy your stay~~!

I wish I could help, but years ago I gave up trying to Clone Flavors and just make my own recipes. I really haven't been vaping much except for Tobacco due to life getting in the way but there are some Mixologists here that surely can help. I am so spent right now I can't think of who to tag~!

Good Luck~!

Welcome @Brendo and I hope you enjoy your stay~~!

I wish I could help, but years ago I gave up trying to Clone Flavors and just make my own recipes. I really haven't been vaping much except for Tobacco due to life getting in the way but there are some Mixologists here that surely can help. I am so spent right now I can't think of who to tag~!

Good Luck~!
Hey thank you for the welcome ! I appreciate the reply :)!

I would imagine that artificial fruit flavors smell different than more realistic fruit flavors. Cap Strawberry Taffy might work well as one of your strawberries, if the juice smells candy-ish. I'm a big fan of Cap Strawberry Taffy.

Not sure that I've noticed a candy smell, but I probably wouldn't, because I'm not a big fan of fruit flavors except for candy-types, with the possible exception of citruses.

That smell also may come from the use of marshmallow as a sweetener instead of something like Cap Super Sweet. If you have FA or Wonder Flavors Marshmallow, you could try it in this recipe starting at 0.5% and work up from there. If you have Flavor West Marshmallow, you'll need at least 1%, Flavorah probably no more than 0.25% to start. Those are the only marshmallows I've tried.
I have heard a good amount about marshmallow being used as a sweetener ! I have some left over from a mother's milk recipe !

VU Sponsors