Would you bid this much for a mod

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd rather buy 4 Canik TP-9's then that...hell, I would spend $300 on the firearm then any mod.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Me, I think something kinda funny is going on with this one.

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know. It's currently at £7000 or $12,000. I don't understand it
Thanks for the conversion. Was curious, but too lazy to Google it right now.

Hell no, I'd never bid / pay that much. Even if I had that kind of money to blow, I'd rather get more useful stuff or take care of bills & necessities.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me, I think something kinda funny is going on with this one.
Those of us here who subscribe to the vendor's updates got emails linking to the auction. But I now think it's some idiots who've decided to mess up the auction as it's currently at £100,000 / $171,000. However if this is the case, why hasn't the seller stopped it?

HighFlyer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If it wasn't for the extra shipping charge I'd be all over it!!:p

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it wasn't for the extra shipping charge I'd be all over it!!:p
Hahaha you know what, even though they didn't intend for this to happen, their starting bid was so high anyway I thought to myself why would you add a few quid extra for shipping?

HighFlyer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm all about Free Shipping, even when ordering something small I always look for the free shipping.;)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if it was solid 14k gold, would it even be worth that much? hmmmm.gif

Gonzi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't pay that much even if I had the money

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The problem on E-bay is that ,anyone can bid anything , collecting it does not always happen. All they do is ban the person with that bid who did not pay .

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Yes, the high bidder? a guy with a (26).
How do we know that it isn't the sellers 'other' account inflating the price.
Then when the mysterious buyer with the (26) doesn't pay and the item is relisted demand will be artificially inflated.
Shill bidding is highly illegal on eBay and anywhere else but it is also hard to prove.
Even if it's the sellers wife's account whats to say she wasn't trying to bid on it for her husband because she "knows he likes his so much but has to sell it because of X reason"

I am not saying this is what is happening but i did see a similar mod sell for $2,000 2 weeks ago so why would someone with a (26) be willing to kick out $170,000.00+ now???

Something fishy is going on here.

BTW I wouldn't give a $100 to a seller with a (0) next to his name.

This thing would have to transform into anything I wanted it to from an attractive woman to a Ferrari to a personal jet for it to be worth this much.

I will not pay more than around $150 for a mod and it would have to be something really special for me to pay that much!
The Beast Box maybe? http://www.maximumvapors.com/The-Beast_p_514.html

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks like no bids at the present. Could have been that the seller had some friends who put in some false bids for him to generate interest.

£100,000 is upload_2014-7-16_9-56-47.jpeg

... even if it provided "happy endings" :p

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shill bidding is highly illegal on eBay and anywhere else but it is also hard to prove.
Even if it's the sellers wife's account whats to say she wasn't trying to bid on it for her husband because she "knows he likes his so much but has to sell it because of X reason"
True that ^^

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is so inflated, I still think its the people the vendor pissed off on the UK forums that are bidding this up.
Last week I saw a Variant go for $3,000 on vape trader. Just ridiculous.

TowerOfVape

RISH of Passage
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Hey @Hobby Kid: Just point of reference.

On eBay, a lot of sellers deliberately set an item's price high for 1 of 2 reasons:

1. Buzz: Prospective buyers will PM the seller complaining about the outrageous price, then he/she would re-direct them to the "actual" listening which would be "much" lower in price, but still be at a considerable profit margin. Compare it w/ the original post, and you'll get a lot of "impulse" buys.
  2. If the seller doesn't have the item in-hand yet, this is a good marketing tactic to get prospective buyers to inquire about the outrageous price, then he/she would re-direct them to the actual listing which would state in the description how this is a "group buy" and that they would have to wait a stipulated amount of time before they receive their mod...at a "discounted" price when compared to the price in the original auction.
Gotta luv marketing!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
DoctorEvil.jpg

One BEEELION Bananas!!!

No_bananas.jpg

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have heard a few things about this mod already. The going price for this is about 500$ retail. I watch watching plumes of hazard and they were wrecking this thing. Some one knew someone that had known someone won one at some vape meet and the glass that is glued on just fell off. Supposedly shops couldn't even give em away. ( think it was on plumes or some other show)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey @Hobby Kid: Just point of reference.

On eBay, a lot of sellers deliberately set an item's price high for 1 of 2 reasons:

1. Buzz: Prospective buyers will PM the seller complaining about the outrageous price, then he/she would re-direct them to the "actual" listening which would be "much" lower in price, but still be at a considerable profit margin. Compare it w/ the original post, and you'll get a lot of "impulse" buys.
  2. If the seller doesn't have the item in-hand yet, this is a good marketing tactic to get prospective buyers to inquire about the outrageous price, then he/she would re-direct them to the actual listing which would state in the description how this is a "group buy" and that they would have to wait a stipulated amount of time before they receive their mod...at a "discounted" price when compared to the price in the original auction.
Gotta luv marketing!

I totally believe that, although I wouldn't know anything about it. I'm far too honest for my own good. Wasn't it once said: for the sons of this world are more shrewd in their generation than the sons of light

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
We will know (or will we) in just under 9 hours.

Current bid $2051.82

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Very interesting...

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Plus BS

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well, it finally sold,

$2051.25

What was the original sale price from VA?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, it finally sold,

$2051.25

What was the original sale price from VA?
Was there an original sale price? I didn't know that. I thought VA put it out there to see how much they could get. I'll have a dig around.

// Well according to Todd's review it's original price equated to $500

Last edited:

VU Sponsors