Become a Patron!

Wrigley sues suburban vape firm that sells ‘Dbl Mint’ and ‘Joosy Fruit’ flavors, alleges trademark i

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The lawsuit says Wrigley attorneys first reached out to Chi-Town Vapers in July 2014, asking the company to stop selling products that at the time were being marketed as Juicy Fruit, Doublemint and Skittles, which is also a Wrigley brand.
Ouch. Courts will not look kindly on this.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Well, looking at the graphics they are/were using, and ignoring a cease and desist request, they were asking for a law suit. :facepalm:

Right, I think Wrigley was more than fair in their attempt to diffuse the situation without turning to the courts.
The vendor basically told a multi million (billion) dollar company to pound sand.
Now they will pay the consequences.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We've seen stories, such as this, for a couple years now. And while I hate to see any of our vendors go down the tubes, this kind of stupidity can be so easily avoided. It's like the kiddie looking packaging we see too much of. Why risk your own livelihood and like this?

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
When thinking of the local vape shop owner, this quote came to mind....

"What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men."
- Captain - "Cool Hand Luke"

It's not like dude was up against "Cousin Spud's Licorice Ropes" of Skokie, IL.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We've seen stories, such as this, for a couple years now. And while I hate to see any of our vendors go down the tubes, this kind of stupidity can be so easily avoided. It's like the kiddie looking packaging we see too much of. Why risk your own livelihood and like this?
I am mixed on this matter.
I do not blindly support anyone just because they are involved in the vape industry.
Being in the vape industry does not automagically make you a nice person.
I do hate to see vape businesses close, but some deserve it.

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
alberteinstein-quote-stupidity-vs-genius.jpg

VU Sponsors