Become a Patron!

WTB: Copper Mech Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

skenzer

Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to do a DIY Patina project on a copper mech mod. I'm looking to buy something inexpensive. I don't care if it's scuffed or scratched up. As long as there are no dents or dings and it's perfectly functional.

If you have a copper (or maybe brass) mech mod sitting around collecting dust and you want to get a few bucks for it let me know
Thanks!

skenzer

Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I looked at FT and might go that route. $40 is too much for this project. If I spend that much I will probably not mess with it. :)
I'm looking more in the $15-$20 range.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sure someone here in this community can help you out, this place is full of good people

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, FT has a couple in the $15-20 range. Another idea for practicing (stole this idea from Gonzi) is to buy copper pipe from a hardware or home improvement store.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nemesis I just patinaed that I was going to offer to sell but changed my mind.

Last edited:

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of it for a moment but I changed my mind. It came out really nice, to my liking. I had polished the anodising off a vamo this winter to the copper plating and tried a couple times on that. That one was the first time I had tried it, and ended up needing the pcb board out of it. So I will keep this one. Sorry for the confusion. Didn't want ot bother the moderators to delete.

Last edited:

Gonzi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy all my project mods from Focalecig.com, angelcigs.com and fasttech.com

I never pay more than $30 for a project mod, and since you're going to take it appart and work on it, I don't mind tweeking it a little if needed to make it a top performer.

A few examples:IMG_1709 (Large).JPG IMG_1696 (Large).JPG IMG_1698 (Large).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors