Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for:
- RDA
- Mech mod
- Wire and Cotton
- Batteries and charger
- Ohms meter

My B&M shop wants about $150 to get me set up and I have decided to try and piece this together a little cheaper. If you have anything on the list that you think might be good for a first time dripper, pls let me know. Thanks.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is around what you will be spending, shipped. So, if the quality of the items they have is good, it might not be the worst investment. If your looking for used items, from some of us, you can get it even lower priced probably.
If you use Lightningvapes.com , you can get two efest 35a batteries, and D2 charger, 50 feet of Kanthal 26g wire and an ohm meter, shipped free for around 52 bucks by using LV15 discount code. Angelcigs.com has some nice mods and rda's, you can get for around 40 bucks shipped. Sallybeauty supply sells Rayon for 15 dollars you can get from a local shop. So that puts you around 120, shaves off around 30 bucks.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Celtic has it - cheap out on the mod and atty if you want, there are plenty of good clones out there if you do your homework, but you're going to have to spend some money on good batteries and charger. Lightning Vapes is probably your best bet for price, especially considering super fast (and free) shipping tossed in to boot.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
On ebay, you can pick up a mech mod and a RDA for around 40 bucks, shipping included.
A pair of Efest 35 amp (pulse) for about 18 for a pair (free shipping).
A I2 intellcharger for about 20 (free shipping)
Eleaf ohm meter, about 10 bucks, free shipping.
Over at Amazon you can buy wire from lightning vapes for 5-7 bucks free shipping.
You can also get Jap cotton, rayon or organic cotton balls. But if you are just going with organic cotton balls, pick them up locally at a WalGreens. Its the cheapest.

Even this route, is about 100 bucks. Then you have to wait, and order through several places to get all you want.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is around what you will be spending, shipped. So, if the quality of the items they have is good, it might not be the worst investment. If your looking for used items, from some of us, you can get it even lower priced probably.
If you use Lightningvapes.com , you can get two efest 35a batteries, and D2 charger, 50 feet of Kanthal 26g wire and an ohm meter, shipped free for around 52 bucks by using LV15 discount code. Angelcigs.com has some nice mods and rda's, you can get for around 40 bucks shipped. Sallybeauty supply sells Rayon for 15 dollars you can get from a local shop. So that puts you around 120, shaves off around 30 bucks.
@Celtic Fog is very knowledgable and has shown me he does his homework thru past posts he puts up. I'd take his advice....

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you @dave/jayce I try to help as much as possible.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I have to agree with every one here. You could get everything for you need for for less than 150. Just make sure you don't cheap out on batteries, trying saving a few bucks there is not a good thing. But also if the your new to rebuilding your local B&M might be the place go so that you can first hand experience with the ideal build and wicking necessary to get a great vape, that knowledge might be worth the few extra bucks to you. That being said everything you need to know could be found on YouTube as well as on here.

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only advise I could add is don't cheap out on the battery charger, spend the money and get an intelli-charger brand of your choice. When I started I got a CHEAP charger that I had to watch to make sure I didn't over charge the batteries, plus it would not shut itself off once the batteries where done. I spent $32 on a Efest LUC-V4 and consider it money well spent. I'm not saying buy the one I did but do yourself a favor and get one that will stop charging once the batteries are done.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The only advise I could add is don't cheap out on the battery charger, spend the money and get an intelli-charger brand of your choice. When I started I got a CHEAP charger that I had to watch to make sure I didn't over charge the batteries, plus it would not shut itself off once the batteries where done. I spent $32 on a Efest LUC-V4 and consider it money well spent. I'm not saying buy the one I did but do yourself a favor and get one that will stop charging once the batteries are done.
A must....

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend GenuineCells on ebay for batteries. I've purchased tons of legit LG's and a few VTC 5's once upon a time from them. They have LG HE2's for 14.98 a pair shipped with a free case right now. Very quality seller, and they carry Efest Lucs as well. Efest 35A are re wrapped LG HE2's that usually cost more. I personally would prefer purchasing the real thing, so to,speak, and saving money to boot. They're just about my only place I'll buy batteries, full confidence with them.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
My very first set up was a kamery 101 $25 a veritas $18 28g $7 for 100' cotton free. Check out 101vape or angelcigs I spent less then $70 and I was happy till the bug bit me... And it bit hard :)
Edit I forgot the ohm and batteries I got from my brother. So damn it close to a $100 :(

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like angelcigs, but some of their gear is good and some is crap. Also, they charge a flat shipping fee so if you buy from them, buy multiple items at a time.

Hardy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up ordering a Fuhattan clone and Tobh atty combo on ebay. Thanks for everyone's replies

VU Sponsors