Become a Patron!

Wtb kayfun or similar

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Figured since I'm starting to vape more n more I should probably take my wife's suggestions and get an rta. Something simple, good airflow, bigger tank the better. Any help would be appreciated. Will be running on a 20w istick & plan on building around 1.5 ohm or so. Don't have a lot of cash or experience, but will do my research and see where it goes. Thanks for any help.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Pretty much most of the kayfun clones are pretty good...Simple is the kayfun lite +...Seemingly better the kayfun 3.1v and more complicated the v4.

I bought both a kayfun lite + and a taifun GT and both arent very airy but have a very very smooth dense mouth to lung draw with great flavor...The Taifun in my opinion edges out the kayfun flavor wise.

Both can be modded for more air flow however..The Taifun GT V2 is supposedly much more air draw with an AFC and larger air intake tube...Thats my next tank i think to add to my starting collection....Then the kayfun v 3.1

For a bunch more air you have the Orchids and bellows and kanger subtanks and lemos etc....of all of them the orchid clone is very affordable and a popular tank among clones...It is dual coil however..not single like the taifun and kayfun...so ,20watts may be under powered for a good vape on those and the others without pushing its limits.

I run my kayfun and taifun at 1.7 1.8 ohms on 11 12 watts and i like it...the i stick 20 should handle it just the same as my mvp 20w does....power to spare...just keep coil gauge down (im using 30g) and ohms at 1.2 or above and youre good to go on a 20 watt with 30g coils all day long....I didnt know what a "Wet Vape" meant untill my kayfun and taifun...huge difference over a basic tank...youll love it.

Buy something with no mods done to it if any is offered and try it stock first...If you want more air flow i can show you how to do it in steps untill you find what you like air flow wise...Either a Kayfun or Taifun i recommend personally as a first RTA.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely helps, been looking thru ft and seeing a lot of options are out there. Even saw some clearance rta on angelcig that looked interesting, but the reviews on a lot of them was little margin for error in your builds and wicking, not sure I like that idea. Just want something simple to build that is kinda forgiving, seeing some decent prices on most of the clones, I just don't wanna spend more than $15 if I can avoid it.

kh888

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Kayfun Lite and Kayfun V2. Please, PM if interested.

Thanks!

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for a simple build with great flavor, for mouth to lung hits nothing beats a kayfun lite+ . If you are looking for simple build with lots of airflow get a Lemo. I love both of these and use them both on a daily basis. I typically build a 0.7 to 0.9 ohm coil out of 26 gauge on the kayfun and same resistance out of 24 gauge on the Lemo. I run the Lemo at 30 watts and my kayfun at 18 watts.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking at videos and reviews I think I wanna go with the taifun gt2, I like the air flow control and the fact they fill without using that bottom hole, I just like that better I think.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So after consulting with the financial manager looks like its gonna be a bit, but I've gotten a lot of great info for whenever I can make something happen. Thanks a bunch everybody. Got plenty of aspire coils for now, so I'll be fine.

VU Sponsors