Become a Patron!

wtf is going on

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, finally had the time to start making my own juice.

Mixed up a 30ml bottle of strawberry, grape, cotton candy, and raspberry.
Each one was 3ml FA flavoring, 1ml 100mg nic, 26ml VG.

Tried vaping it in my Mutation X v2. Got a nic overdose after 2 hits. No throat hit like from the 6mg I occasionally vape (or the 4.5 from mixing 3 and 6), just an overdose.

Now, according to my math, 100mg / ml of nic divided among 29ml of other stuff equals 3.44mg nic per ml. I normally vape 3mg and occasionally 4.5mg nic juice made from mixing 3 and 6 liquid. So 3.44mg nic shouldn't be bad at all. Flavor was also way to strong so cut it in half with plain VG. This should bring it down to 1.7mg nic per ml. Just tried vaping it again, still feeling like the nic is giving me an overdose.

wtf is going on?
Is the math of? Even the ejuicemeup calc seems to verify the results I calculated.
Or is it just that the store bought juices have weakened with age and my homemade juices taste stronger due to being fresh and new?

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your calculations are clearly correct, well, I come up with 3.33 mg but close enough regardless.

I'm assuming you have used a RDA in the past; some folks cut back on their normal nic levels when using a RDA.

Your nic isn't from Nude Nicotine is it? I recently heard they had a batch go out that was way too strong.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, it's 100/30 not 100/29 :)

Only other thing I can think of is that nic can separate and float to the top, especially if it's in VG. So if you pulled 1ml with a syringe off the top of some that had sat for a while, it could be waaaay stronger than 100mg/ml. Did you shake or stir the nic before measuring out?

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nicotine is from ecigexpress and is VG based. Shook it up vigorously for 5 mins or so last night before separating it out between bottles, although I didn't shake the 15ml bottle I kept out of the freezer to use today. Figured it wouldn't really separate much in half a day but maybe it did. The syringe was mostly pulling from the top half of the bottle.

Been using RDAs since mid December, went from 6mg down to 3mg at the start of this year but still had a lot of 6 left over so until now have been mixing it with 3 to lower it to 4.5 (or less) to vape and alternate between the two strengths lots of times, but usually just use the 3. One of my plans is to dilute my old 6 with plain VG and adding flavoring to lower it to 3.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Shaking doesn't cut it for me. I stir it with a glass rod in a beaker vigorously about a hundred times or so.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're saying it was 3ml TOTAL, not 3ml of each right?

4 different bottles, each with 3ml of one flavor.
3ml strawberry in one bottle, 3ml of cotton candy in a different bottle, etc

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really don't know how quickly it would separate. At a guess I wouldn't think overnight would be enough for it to get to "overdose after a couple of hits" level at the top (seeing as you sometimes vape 6mg anyway). But, I'm just guessing.

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would go ahead and dilute it by half and see how that hits you. I'm not familiar with those particular FA flavors (not a fruit guy), but most of them are way too strong at 10% so diluting to 5% shouldn't kill the flavor too much. Also, try putting them in a warm water bath for an hour or so shaking frequently. If that doesn't help you might want to question the nic you have.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ya the Raspberry is quite potent, and should start with around .3ml (1%).
But I would think 10% is too high for any of them anyhow.

Sounds like your NIC separated.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i'm confused about your flavoring too.

Are you saying 4X3ml for a total of 12 ml? If so your #s are off on the flavors. Or did you mix up the 4 flavors, then used 3 ml of that mix??

I'm easily confused.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have noticed a 3mg bottle I mix up seems to have more nic than a 3mg bottle I buy at a b&m.

I mix for a buddy that vapes 18mg and I mix his at 14 to get about the same nic dose. That's with both nics I've tried so far NN and vaperstek. Haven't used any other nic after finding vaperstek.

I would definitely use a mixing app to calculate the measurements though. Doesn't cost anything and you know what you are putting together will be the right ratios when you're done.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like you need a nic test kit!

You're mixing each flavor at 10%? If so, did you mean TFA or did you really mix Flavor Art at 10% - because a single FA flavor at 10% would likely be nasty!

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i'm confused about your flavoring too.

Are you saying 4X3ml for a total of 12 ml? If so your #s are off on the flavors. Or did you mix up the 4 flavors, then used 3 ml of that mix??

I'm easily confused.
each flavor is in a different bottle.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
err, sorry, mlti posting. using a computer at work and it hates the forum software. no curser, can type a line or two befopre it displays in the reply box. can't edit easily.

anyway,tried vaping the stuff I had cut in half yesterday and now it isn't giving me an overdose. so maybe it was just effecting me more yesterday for some reason. I might cut it again anyway since even at 5% the flavors seem a bit strong.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes FA flavors are very concentrated. 1-2% is usually good for a lot of them.
Glad it is better for you today.

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad it's getting better. Maybe cut by half again? That would get you down to 2.5%. Maybe you weren't having a nic overdose but a flavor overdose, LOL!

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That crossed my mind too. Perhaps the strong flavor was just making me feel sick.
I wasn't getting the throat hit that I did from my high VG 6mg liquid

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I am thinking doing a flavoring up to 5 times stronger than needed could make me feel sick:confused: Hope you get the flavoring mixes remixed and working for you;)

VU Sponsors