Become a Patron!

X-Priv 225W TC with Prince Kit - Smok

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i will be having a look at the X-Priv 225w TC with Prince Kit from Smok. The X-Priv kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Betty from Cvapor.

https://www.cvapor.com/smok-x-priv-225w-...rince.html

In the Box

Contents:

1 x X-Priv MOD
1 x TFV12 PRINCE Tank (8ml)/ / (2ml) with EU Edition
1 x V12 PRINCE Q4 0.4ohm Quadruple Core (pre-installed)
1 x V12 PRINCE T10 0.12ohm Decuple Core
1 x USB Cable
1 x Replacement Glass Tube
1 x User Manual
Spare Parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The X-Priv Kit comes in the usual Smok packaging and is average size and weight for a dual battery device. The X-Priv is very rectangular in shape and has some depth to it but all edges are rounded off enough to make the device comfortable to hold and fire. The front of the device is entirely taken up by a black panel, the same as you would find on the Vaporesso Revenger, apart from one corner which as a section on the diagonal completing the angle of the corner in the colour of choice. Above the cut corner we have the - and + buttons also in the colour of choice following the contour of the corner section. The panel has "SMOK" printed central top, USB port situated central bottom then the rest of the panel houses the very large 2" high definition colour screen. The back of the device has a removable panel which is also black with honeycomb effect, the lines making up the honeycomb are in silver, central bottom "X-PRIV" is printed and central at the very bottom is a little notch to help remove the panel so the batteries can be fitted. One side of the device has the fire bar, this side and the opposite side has no other features and are in the colour of choice. The bottom of the device again in the chosen colour has safety stamps etched on, moving to the top we again have the chosen colour and to one side is the gold plated, spring loaded 510. I received the Prism Gold version, it is also available in Prism Blue, Prism Chrome, Black Red, Auto Pink, Prism Gun Metal and Prism Rainbow with the device coming with a matching tank. The front panel is a fingerprint magnet and the Prism versions attract fingerprints all over the device but the device looks stunning in my opinion. The build quality is good with no rattles whatsoever.

Prince Specs and Features:

Size: 63 x 28mm / 63 x 25.5mm (EU Edition)
Capacity: 8ml/ 2ml (EU Edition)
Material: Stainless steel and pyrex glass
Thread: 510
Wild Cobra Drip Tip
Convex Glass Tube 8ml
Adjustable Bottom Airflow
New V12 PRINCE Q4/T10 Core
Patented Locking Mechanism
Top refill system
Colour: Black/Blue/Gold/Green/Purple/Red/7-color/Stainless/Auto Pink/Navy Blue/Matte Black/White/Gun Metal

Prince Overview

I have reviewed the Prince a couple of times and despite i find overall it's more of a cloud producing tank than a flavour tank, with the right coil you can get decent flavour. The coils provided are the T10 0.12 Decuple coil rated at 60-120w best at 80-110w, this head will please the cloud chasers, the other coil is the Q4 0.4 Quadruple coil rated 40-100w best at 60-80w which gave better flavour (still huge cloud) but not as good flavour as i expected. There are other coils available, the Q6 which is included when you buy the Prince separately surprised me giving better flavour than the Q4 and the 0.17 which you get with the Prince Stick Kit, best at 45-55w gave excellent flavour, there is also an RBA available. The Prince is top-fill and has a lock mechanism in the form of a button that needs pressing before it slides side-wards on a hinge, and with the bulge glass fitted has a massive 8ml capacity. The Prince's build quality is excellent and is Smok's attempt of taming the TFV12 slightly to find good flavour and i would say it's a success. Because this is the fourth time i have received the Prince (three times with a kit) i used the X-Priv with different tanks.

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Part 2 of this Review

X-Priv Specs and Features:

Size: 88 x 46.5 x 30.4mm
Wattage Range: 6-225W
Voltage Range: 0.5-9V
Standby Current: <500uA
Batteries: 2 x 18650 batteries (not included)
Resistance: 0.1-2.5ohm(VW)/0.05-2ohm(TC)
Temperature Range: 200℉-600℉/100℃-315℃
Thread: 510
Glassy appearance with smooth surface
Massive 2.0-inch HD screen
225W maximum output with dual 18650
Dual battery indicator
Easy-installed battery cover
Colours: Prism Gold, Prism Blue, Prism Chrome, Black Red, Auto Pink, Prism Gun Metal, Prism Rainbow

Using the X-Priv

To fit the batteries there is a notch at the bottom of the back panel to pull it off, battery orientation is clearly marked and the panel snaps back into place very securely. To switch the device on is 5 clicks but switching it off has to be done via the menu system, when the device is on 5 clicks locks and unlocks the device (when the device is locked the device will not fire). To enter the menu system is 3 clicks which brings up a row of options, W, Ti, Ni, SS and M, you can use the - and + buttons to highlight one of these options and which ever is highlighted things that can be adjusted will be at the bottom of the screen. To move to the things that can be altered you need to hold down the fire trigger to highlight them. When W is highlighted holding down the fire trigger then moves to the wattage which can be adjusted, then holding down the fire trigger again moves to preheat. When one of the temp control wires is highlighted the things you can adjust is wattage for temp control and TCR setting, altering the temperature is done from the main screen when in temp control , when you highlight M you have a total of 23 memory slots. From the menu screen instead of holding down the fire trigger you just give it a click to move to the next screen which is the puff counter settings, another click takes you to where you can change the colour accents on the screen and a final click takes you to the power settings where you can switch off the device. All these screens work the same way as the opening screen of the menu, holding down the fire trigger highlights what you can adjust then the - and + button to make your adjustments. The colour options screen has 6 colour options but also on this screen you can adjust screen timeout and whether or not you want the device to lock when the screen timeouts. There are some combination press shortcuts that can be done from the main screen, the trigger and - together brings up the row of mode's so you can quickly change between wattage or a temp control mode. When in wattage mode the fire trigger and + together brings up your preheat choices so you can alter this without going into the menu system, the same press combination when in temp control brings up wattage so again you can alter your wattage for temp control without going into the menu system. The menu system flows very nicely and the display is aesthetically pleasing.

Performance

The X-Priv performs very well firing instantly and seems to give accurate wattage, i used different tanks on it including a couple of tanks i'm testing, and found the device worked perfectly. As i like to do with high powered device's, i tried it at low wattage using the Berserker Mini at 12w and the device was silent. Tanks up to 26mm will fit without any sort of overhang but even a 28mm only overhangs slightly to the side and i personally think looks fine. A personal negative to me is there is no curves feature as i do like using curves on a device. The battery life is what i would expect from a duel 18650 device and it is fully firmware upgradable.

Pros:

Good build quality
Nice finish
Feels nice in hand
Large HD OLED colour screen
Aesthetically pleasing display
Good Menu system
High build quality
High wattage
Temp control
Device doesn't fire when locked
Fires instantly
Prince tank lock mechanism
Prince tank 8ml capacity

Cons:

No Curves (a feature i like)
Fingerprint magnet

Conclusion

A very good high powered device with good menu system and very large coloured display. The included Prince is a very good, large capacity (standard edition) tank with plenty of coil options and an available RBA.

I would once again like to thank Betty from Cvapor for supplying the X-Priv 225W TC Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.cvapor.com/smok-x-priv-225w-...rince.html

Today 01:51 AM

VU Sponsors