Become a Patron!

XSTAR VC8 - I'm confused!

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Please take pity on me, I'm old and not electronics-savvy. My old(er) Nitecore Digicharger 4-bay recently started misbehaving, so I got an XSTAR VC8, thinking it would be a better charger, and since I sometimes have more than 4 batteries to charge, I thought it would save time to have the extra slots. Ha. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I put one single 18650 battery in there yesterday when I first got the charger, about 3:30. It just now (4:30 am the next day) finished charging. WTF?

My old Nitecore charger had a wall plug, and this one has a USB cable, so I'm sure it's operator error, but I need to be able to charge more than one battery per day! I had to go searching through my old vaping gear to find a wall wart to plug the USB cable into, and it's probably to small, right? Not enough power? What do I use to charge a battery in a couple of hours? The one I charged all night started out at 3.72 volts, so in my Nitecore charger, that should have taken no more than 1.5 to 2 hours. This took THIRTEEN hours.

I haven't played around pushing any buttons on the new charger, because frankly, I can't read the instructions until I find and buy a magnifying glass. The print is too small to see. I tried watching a couple of YouTube videos, but those guys assume I know what I'm doing in the first place, and I don't.

HELP? Please? I have another battery to charge this morning, so I'm back to using the old Nitecore 2-slot charger I got in 2015, that has little yellow flashing lights, and I thought THAT one took forever to charge. Compared to the XSTAR, it seems lightning-fast now.

73neb

Member For 4 Years
I have this charger. You need the correct wall wart sold by Xtar separately to get the full charging ability. It works great when you have the right wall wart. I can post a pic of it when I get home from work later tonight.

73neb

Member For 4 Years
Also, I’m not sure of this at the moment, but if you are only charging one battery, you may be able to use the current selector (abbreviated CURR) button to select a higher charge rate.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just realized no one has posted in here for a year and a half, so I'll re-post this in General Vaping Discussion. Maybe someone will see it there. Sorry.

Edit to say: I forgot to hit "post" on the above statement this morning, LOL! It was early. I put my question over in the Help section because I thought this section wasn't frequented much, and no one would see it. Sorry. But thanks for the info. You'd think Liion would have had the dang wall wort (wart?) WITH it, but I guess not. I'm supposed to know what I'm doing... duh... So I'd really appreciate any help in locating whatever I need to make this thing work. :)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Lannie I found the USB adapter you need:

$6.85 plus tax and shipping

73neb

Member For 4 Years
@Lannie I found the USB adapter you need:

$6.85 plus tax and shipping

This is the one I use with my VC8. You can charge a single battery at 3 Amps or two at 2 Amps.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, you guys! It's ordered! I finally realized there was a "Charger Accessories" section on the website. Why do they have to make it soooo hard to find things? I could have ordered it with the charger and be using it now, if I'd only known I needed it. Even a notation on the listing for the charger saying you need such and such adapter would be helpful...

If anyone from Liion reads this.... There still ARE a few people who vape that don't know everything about "gear." Probably there aren't enough of us for people like you to bother about, but it can be frustrating if you're one of the 1%, like I am. Anyway, the adapter's ordered and I should be all set now.

VU Sponsors